*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
really want to pick this up, but having read reports of dodgy framerates and stuttering it really put me off, is this still the case?

Permabanned
Ok, 33 hours played now, level 52, spent the whole evening battling through Raya Lucaria Academy, superb. I am at the Queen and going to come back later. :cry: Also got a spell I need 52 int to use(only have 32!)

I am revising my previous rating up to a 9/10. :p

WkDE4l1.jpg

Soldato
Well that wasn't pleasant, I got transported to celia crystal tunnel. I've not left the main starting area really. Lost over 3k rune's, this game is unforgiving.

Death prawns!! (I lost runes to that trap, too. On the plus side, 3000 will seem like chicken feed very soon. I was more worried I would never be able to actually get out of the cave) :)

If you guys are hating the hands then you do not want to see what waits for you at a spot much later on....

I knew it!

(Unless you mean the death prawns as well? I do know about them, and man, those guys are the worst!)

Now and again it stutters for me but on the whole its totally fine. (3080 FE and Ryzen 3900X)

Same here on a 2600X and 1080Ti. I got the stutters worse than normal in a mountainous area, but it was still only mildly annoying. In all the other places, it will stutter for a second or two when I've traversed enough ground quickly, but only once in several minutes of riding. It will be good to see the stuttering fixed, but in general performance is fine other than that.

Soldato
Came across this hyper aggressive giant who started attacking me whenever I was anywhere near him. I rolled out of the way of an attack and fell off a cliff... Luckily just survived with a slither of health left and turned round to find a cave I had previously not found. Ran inside and rested, found an npc and completed the dungeon and got a nice new weapon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that wasn't pleasant, I got transported to celia crystal tunnel. I've not left the main starting area really. Lost over 3k rune's, this game is unforgiving.
This is actually some really clever game design as it makes you aware of a whole new area despite being nowhere near ready. There is some good loot that you can easily get by just riding around.

Associate
Spent the last few hours doing some side quest involving that wolf fella. Little did I know he would take me into one of the hardest boss battles I have ever played in all the Souls games. Radahn!! Enough said!!!!! Just finished and Im exhausted, gonna have nightmares about him tonight. I can't imagine what battles are ahead :cry:

Soldato
Really wanted to like this seeing the comments here and after being disappointed with Dying Light 2 and Farcry 6 but alas it is not for me, my search for something new to play goes on. :D

Associate
I was keeping myself at a lowish level in order be in a good range for co-op in a wide number of areas, it looks like they have also added the equipment upgrade scaling range in there as well though which explains why I can't seem to find anybody outside some of the really later areas.

Time to just start pumping the levels up then I think and worry about co-op next time around, just jumped 20 levels from the 700k rune still carrying around with me.

I've found so many Faith based weapons, spells and incantations that it looks like that might be the class to explore next time.

Associate
Spent the last few hours doing some side quest involving that wolf fella. Little did I know he would take me into one of the hardest boss battles I have ever played in all the Souls games. Radahn!! Enough said!!!!! Just finished and Im exhausted, gonna have nightmares about him tonight. I can't imagine what battles are ahead :cry:

Radahn is an awful boss fight, probably the worst boss fight in any souls game that I've played. In the end I cheesed him by
making rot arrows and shooting him ~5 times in phase 1, then infect him with rot again after he turns into a meteor. That made the fight trivial.

I've played about 35 hours and absolutely loving it. I changed from collosal swords to dual wielding great swords, but already looking forward to trying spells in a second playthrough.

Associate
Radahn is an awful boss fight, probably the worst boss fight in any souls game that I've played. In the end I cheesed him by
making rot arrows and shooting him ~5 times in phase 1, then infect him with rot again after he turns into a meteor. That made the fight trivial.

I've played about 35 hours and absolutely loving it. I changed from collosal swords to dual wielding great swords, but already looking forward to trying spells in a second playthrough.
Cheesed him the same way mate and don't feel bad about it :D

Before that I died to him a good few times and never realised what he was riding on and the size of it, poor thing :cry:, I initially thought he was on some kind on wheels or something.

Soldato
Radahn is an awful boss fight, probably the worst boss fight in any souls game that I've played. In the end I cheesed him by[/SPOILER]

The biggest issue with some of the enemies and bosses in this game is their nature just to completely one shot you out of nowhere. In previous games the one shot mechanics always hard some wind up, but in this they are just as fast as normal attacks. Your forced to put a lot of stat points into health and then even then its often not enough.

Soldato
Been in hospital so playing on laptop, just been messing around and not doing any missions or speaking to NPCs for when I get home for big screen. Still I should be good to face the first boss at level 135 now at as a result :p

Slightly separate question, have a sword on primary hand and staff on offhand, but on horse only primary weapon only is used which is understandable. Is there a way to alternate weapons in hand and not via in inventory? So basically when on horse staff is what I can use to attack with as long range spells hammer enemies, but it moves to offhand on foot as the sword has a unique stance I want to use which does not work on the offhand. Or is it a matter of needing a second staff in primary hand and switching to it when on horse?

Associate
Just encountered those "hands" folk were talking about. Remind me of tarantulas. Very annoying how you can't target the ones buried in the ground. It's a case of tiptoeing around trying not to activate them .... even then some do.

Associate
Been in hospital so playing on laptop, just been messing around and not doing any missions or speaking to NPCs for when I get home for big screen. Still I should be good to face the first boss at level 135 now at as a result :p

Slightly separate question, have a sword on primary hand and staff on offhand, but on horse only primary weapon only is used which is understandable. Is there a way to alternate weapons in hand and not via in inventory? So basically when on horse staff is what I can use to attack with as long range spells hammer enemies, but it moves to offhand on foot as the sword has a unique stance I want to use which does not work on the offhand. Or is it a matter of needing a second staff in primary hand and switching to it when on horse?

Yes. Press Y and L1. It will change your weapons.

Associate
Just encountered those "hands" folk were talking about. Remind me of tarantulas. Very annoying how you can't target the ones buried in the ground. It's a case of tiptoeing around trying not to activate them .... even then some do.

Lock on you mean? Just swing your sword next to them and you will hit them in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom