Elden Ring

Have you been to Belarut, to the west of the starting point?
Also South of Ensis?
and
You can skip Relanna by finding a spirit spring to get up behind the fort of reprimand but it will mess up some NPC stuff if you go much further north than that. Or you can just go here to do this small fort
Yes, completed Belarut and discovered the skip around several days ago hence how I've managed to get "up top". I've just anxious I do not break any significant quests or lock-off areas by exploring too far in that area. I know going East is a big no-no till Rellana is done.

Yes, completed Belarut and discovered the skip around several days ago hence how I've managed to get "up top". I've just anxious I do not break any significant quests or lock-off areas by exploring too far in that area. I know going East is a big no-no till Rellana is done.
Other than some catacombs etc, I think you'll need to keep going with Rellana I'm afraid

I did try with the mimic but I suspect my build is crap overall, so crap in ergo crap out :)

I've had to step away from Rellana; Trying some other stuff back in the base game. To wit; I somehow fluked Malenia after the 20th attempt but the wall for me was Radagon/Elden beast.

I found her easy once I used a shield.

Fingerprint shield specifically made it quite straightforward for me.

I’m still using a carian knight shield from base game from the guy you fight just before you fight Renalla. Seems to work well and leaves me mobile.

I’m an int/dex build with Moonveil, a glintstone staff (a late game one - can’t recall the name but it’s got mad scaling stats) and a longbow.

But judging by other comments I’ll need to respec to a tank build before too long.

I did try with the mimic but I suspect my build is crap overall, so crap in ergo crap out :)

I've had to step away from Rellana; Trying some other stuff back in the base game. To wit; I somehow fluked Malenia after the 20th attempt but the wall for me was Radagon/Elden beast.
What build are you running ? Levelling up doesn't really make the DLC any easier due to the "alternative" scaling mechanism using scadutree fragments & revered spirit ashes. Try and get as many of those as you can .... I think when I took on Rellana I was around lvl 5. "Easy" mode in the DLC is definitely a strength melee build ( with faith and/or dex as a secondary stat ) using greatshields.

I’m still using a carian knight shield from base game from the guy you fight just before you fight Renalla. Seems to work well and leaves me mobile.

I’m an int/dex build with Moonveil, a glintstone staff (a late game one - can’t recall the name but it’s got mad scaling stats) and a longbow.

But judging by other comments I’ll need to respec to a tank build before too long.
I managed all the way to the final boss with a similar build, but you will need to change for that.

I managed all the way to the final boss with a similar build, but you will need to change for that.

I wonder if that’s part of the game intentionally. Like to make it super challenging you need to respec and learn to fight another way on top of having the fight being with a super difficult end game boss.

Without giving any major spoilers, and having finished the DLC last week, you can't completely break the main NPC quests. Your choices, however, may make your task completing some of the later game set pieces harder ... or easier.

I wonder if that’s part of the game intentionally. Like to make it super challenging you need to respec and learn to fight another way on top of having the fight being with a super difficult end game boss.
Possibly. I found quite a few larval tears in the DLC, so as you say, it may be FromSoft's intention for players to switch up their builds to deal with the various bosses.

Other than some catacombs etc, I think you'll need to keep going with Rellana I'm afraid
Thought as much. I'll keep lugging away. fortunately for me I only allow myself a maximum of 2 hours a day video games so I never end up beyond mild frustration!

I definitely have the Brass and Mirror shield. Not if I have the Fingerprint; I'll check.
What build are you running ? Levelling up doesn't really make the DLC any easier due to the "alternative" scaling mechanism using scadutree fragments & revered spirit ashes. Try and get as many of those as you can .... I think when I took on Rellana I was around lvl 5. "Easy" mode in the DLC is definitely a strength melee build ( with faith and/or dex as a secondary stat ) using greatshields.
This is where I fall down; although I had the noggin to follow a guide regarding game progressions and content; I kinda went my own way with respect to the build but did vaguely follow a MIND/INT build. Stats as follows.
ELDEN-RING-2024-07-03-06-39-33.jpg

e: corrected image as I could even see it!

Last edited:
Thought as much. I'll keep lugging away. fortunately for me I only allow myself a maximum of 2 hours a day video games so I never end up beyond mild frustration!

I definitely have the Brass and Mirror shield. Not if I have the Fingerprint; I'll check.

This is where I fall down; although I had the noggin to follow a guide regarding game progressions and content; I kinda went my own way with respect to the build but did vaguely follow a MIND/INT build. Stats as follows.
ELDEN-RING-2024-07-03-06-39-33.jpg

e: corrected image as I could even see it!
So you're a pure caster build then. You'll find it good for open world / exploration, but it's the hardest build to play with for the ( hyper aggressive ) bosses in this DLC, in my opinion. Contrary to what I said earlier, you're going to need to level up a bit more - maybe another 20+ levels to have any chance. You shouldn't need a MND of 50 - that can be dropped back to 35/36 and put all the points into Vigor aiming for 60. That'll allow you one more full hit before you die. Also, endurance is very low ... regardless of what build you have you need tons of stamina for this DLC because you'll be constantly dodging to avoid the boss combo attack sequences. With a low endurance you'll have no stamina left to actually attack. I'd suggest aiming for an endurance of 40+ ... or higher depending on which armour you want to wear.

edit: there is a FP regeneration talisman near the start of the DLC which helps compensate for a lower MND.

Last edited:
beat the last boss last night with my usual strength faith build/ only thing i had to change was using a great shield to block the relentless assaults :D, took a good few attempts to get the pattern down. got him to 1 hit away from death 3 times. there's a lot of people commenting how normal builds don't work against him. i say they do, you just need to try harder :D

As I suspected. Sounds like I need another 50+ levels to get VIG/END stats up. Ho hum. Back to the base game for a bit I suppose!
Other than the albinaurac farm, you'll get a lot more runes generally in the DLC.

Also, I think she's probably strong against magic. Can you hit her with ice or lightning instead? (I dont know the spells)

beat the last boss last night with my usual strength faith build/ only thing i had to change was using a great shield to block the relentless assaults :D, took a good few attempts to get the pattern down. got him to 1 hit away from death 3 times. there's a lot of people commenting how normal builds don't work against him. i say they do, you just need to try harder :D
What's a "normal" build ? I'm happy to sit down, eat some popcorn and watch you beat the last boss without a greatshield ! ;)

Other than the albinaurac farm, you'll get a lot more runes generally in the DLC.

Also, I think she's probably strong against magic. Can you hit her with ice or lightning instead? (I dont know the spells)
Yes. Apparently a few blasts of Glintstone Icecrag frosts her and then get in some cheeky hits and rinse and repeat. I'll have a few more attempt with a mimic summons along with the Dark Moon Greatsword in a bit.

What's a "normal" build ? I'm happy to sit down, eat some popcorn and watch you beat the last boss without a greatshield ! ;)
im repeating what ive seen people saying the boss is designed to destroy "normal" builds. i could do it without the great shield, i/e a normal shield most people doing it with great shield and use a spear ditching there "normal" game build swapping to high arcane etc, where as i was using great shield and great sword. which is the way I've run through the whole game and no stat swap to arcane.

just pointing out the boss is completely doable without changing your build to Greenshields, spear and rot/bleed him to death... which is not a "normal" build for running though Elden ring for the most part if you base normal on youtubers :P

Last edited:
im repeating what ive seen people saying the boss is designed to destroy "normal" builds. i could do it without the great shield, i/e a normal shield most people doing it with great shield and use a spear ditching there "normal" game build swapping to high arcane etc, where as i was using great shield and great sword. which is the way I've run through the whole game and no stat swap to arcane.

just pointing out the boss is completely doable without changing your build to Greenshields, spear and rot/bleed him to death... which is not a "normal" build for running though Elden ring for the most part if you base normal on youtubers :p
Like I said, be my guest and post a video of you doing it without a greatshield.

edit. using status ailments like bleed is a common method for playing the base game. You don't need high Arcane, that just boosts the bleed amount a bit more.

Last edited:
Like I said, be my guest and post a video of you doing it without a greatshield.
when i do ng3 sure no problem. i could refer you to sunlight blade on youtube who did it using summons only if id wish to prove the point... :p

your missing what im saying, some people are saying the ONLY way to beat the last boss is to make a specific build with bleed/rot and shield and spear and its the only way to do it, im saying thats not true. it has and can be done via other means...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom