England XI v India **spoilers**

Soldato
Gutted I missed the second innings. Saw the south african one and looked a good game. 93 All out is bad, would love SA to give them a beating on this tour.

Soldato
Good day for England, didn't see any of Hoggard's wickets but heard he had the ball swinging around like a boomerang. It doesn't matter how good the batting line-up is, if you swing the ball in the right areas you will do well. Heard there was a lot of moisture in the air so that must have been the reason because the day before I had hardly seen any swing at all from any of the bowlers. Top stuff by him though and he took India from a position where they were dictating the game to baring hanging on.

Good to see Monty get a wicket as well, always like to see a Singh do well no matter who he is playing for. And what a first wicket to take, that of Sachin Tendulkar. One of my old school mates rang me today, he hadn't been up to date as to what is happening in the cricket and didn't know Monty was playing for India, he goes "Jazz you been watching the cricket? This morning I saw some Singh bowling for England, I reckon he was confused and playing for the wrong team. The bad thing is this guy was more of a Singh than the Harbajhan, Yuvraj or Dhoni" I was almost in tears when he was telling me this. He is right about him being more of a proper Singh!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it rained a little the night before, but Hoggy's bowling was vey good and got the rewards. Rob Key on the commentary during the aussie game I think it was said to call Sachin monty's hero would be the biggest understatement ever. He couldn't have dreamed for a better first wicket! Put in a lot of hard work, 41 overs with 19 maidens is a great start :) His second wicket was a great ball.

Right better get to bed, am up in 4 hours lol for the start of play :D

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
All out for 323, Hoggard get's a sixfer:):)

I really can't stand that cricket terminology, sixfer etc, sounds awful. :p

Good performance by Hoggard and a good performance by the batsmen, we're on 155 - 2 at tea, although Pietersen should have gone earlier, pretty clear c & b to me.

Soldato
England in a very position to push on, they need to hit the accelerate button and get India into bat as early as today. 325-350 will be very hard to chase on this kind of pitch.

Big Kev said:
Good performance by Hoggard and a good performance by the batsmen, we're on 155 - 2 at tea, although Pietersen should have gone earlier, pretty clear c & b to me.

I can understand the umpires out on the pitch not seeing it but how on earth did the third umpire not give that out :confused:

Some very dodgy umpiring decisions so far in this match.

Soldato
Jazz said:
England in a very position to push on, they need to hit the accelerate button and get India into bat as early as today. 325-350 will be very hard to chase on this kind of pitch.

If we set India 350 tomorrow, that will be virtually impossible to chase down, although the pitch doesn't seem to have deteriorated like they thought it would.

Jazz said:
I can understand the umpires out on the pitch not seeing it but how on earth did the third umpire not give that out :confused:

Some very dodgy umpiring decisions so far in this match.

As you said, for the umpires fair enough, but if the third umpire couldn't see it, then he shouldn't be there, it wasn't even a close decision to me.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
I know, gotta be cautious I guess:(
Still even if we don't win, a nice easy draw will do:)

As long as Cook gets a ton, I'd be pretty darn happy, although he was nearly out as I'm typing, another dropped catch. :eek:

I'd have taken a draw beforehand, but it will annoy me a bit now, as we've bossed the match.

Soldato
Excellent day for England, great debut from Cook let's hope he can keep it up for the rest of the series and then the selectors will have a real dillema about who to open with. Let's hope we can rattle through them tommorrow, though even to be in this position so far in the match is a great effort from this makeshift team.

Back
Top Bottom