England XI v India **spoilers**

Soldato
If those two had stayed there for 10 overs more than chasing that total was definitely on :eek:

Smith out for 90 off only 55 balls and a 187 run partnership off somthing like 125 balls!

These kind of pitches are not good for cricket, there is no coincidence that over the years the number of good fast bowlers is decreasing and the pitches are more and more being made in favour of batsmen. A pitch like this could destroy the confidence of a good up and coming bowler. It is becoming harder and harder for these new bowlers because even a seasoned pro like McGrath would have found it hard on this pitch.

Soldato
Gibbs went on to make 175 from 111 balls, that is bloody insane! :eek: I'm suprised if anything that nobody has made a double century in this match!

South Africa are now 355-6 after 42.1 overs. 80 off something like 50 balls needed so still possible with Boucher there but they got the danger man Kemp.

Man of Honour
OP
What a match, I was tempted to buy a few quid after the Aussies innings, glad I didn't;)
Over 870 runs in a day, that's obscene, so are Mick Lewis figures: 10-113.
Well played SA, unlucky Aussies:)

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
What a match, I was tempted to buy a few quid after the Aussies innings, glad I didn't;)

Agreed, that's an insane amount of runs for 100 overs.

Bit worried about England in the test match, definately need Flintoff and Jones to put together a decent partnership tommorrow...

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Somehow we've got to bat 'til tea I think, anything less will give them a target they will fancy chasing:(
There's no rain forecast for tomorrow either, just a few clouds.
Was saying the same with my dad, really need a captain's innings from Flintoff tommorrow...

Soldato
JohnnyG said:

That was insane, I couldn't believe it but that pitch was as flat as you're gonna get. Still to chase down 434 is incredible, to chase down 334 would have had most singing their praises!

Soldato
Time for the final days play and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't more than a little concerned, as I can see India bowling us out fairly cheaply and chasing down an average score.

Jones out already, edging onto his stumps, oh gawd. :(

Now 139-8 and Patel's reverse swing is taking care of business at the moment, looking very, very bad now, only 101 runs in the lead and two tail enders left.

Soldato
India got the runs without any difficulty whatsoever and makes me annoyed that we crumbled so easily.

Well done to the Indians, they outplayed us and deserved the win, now we need a big performance for the last test.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh well, can't really argue with the result as they played the better cricket overall but I think letting their tail add 100odd yesterday was the crucial factor:(
I don't think their confidence will take much of a beating really, they were on a hiding to nothing at the start & haven't really played that bad.:)
The pitch will turn at Bombay so Blackwell will probably come back in, but that means more help for their 3 spinners...

Back
Top Bottom