English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

Soldato
Thing is with a team like this Chelsea won't win the league. Just as Liverpool won't win anything this year because their team is pretty woeful.

If Chelsea don't have Lampard / Essien / Terry fit it's so painfully obvious. If and I say IF Chelsea keep getting injuries all season (unlikely) I can see Arsenal being in with a real chance this year.

FT: Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland (Onuoha 45, Gyan 52, Welbeck 87)

Not meaning to say it offensively, but why do you have to provide us all with a running commentary of subs, goals and bookings every time?

BBC do a pretty good job with that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9188051.stm

With Cech, Cole, Ivanovic, Terry, Bosingwa, Malouda , Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Anelka , Drogba - Subs, Alex, Kalou, Zhirkov, Kalou, etc on the bench I'd be confident that no team would even come close to Chelsea this year. Unfortunately, injuries exist :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Thing is with a team like this Chelsea won't win the league. Just as Liverpool won't win anything this year because their team is pretty woeful.

If Chelsea don't have Lampard / Essien / Terry fit it's so painfully obvious. If and I say IF Chelsea keep getting injuries all season (unlikely) I can see Arsenal being in with a real chance this year.

Hopefully things are switching around, Arsenal actually have no serious injuries at the moment besides Vermaelen and RvP (nearly fit). It feels amazing to have such options

A few of Chelsea's squad are getting on and the likes of Lampard/Terry/Drogba are reaching the stages in their career where injuries are more frequent and don't clear up as quickly, more injuries wouldn't surprise me

Soldato
I like that only 5pts separate 5th to 17th! Gap is really closing which is good, makes for a more interesting season.

It's only so close because there are no teams now of the quality of Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool two or three years ago. The overall quality of the league has declined, particularly at the upper end of it.

Soldato
Everton, Spurs(A), United, Arsenal (A) and Bolton for Chelsea in December, it'll be interesting to see how things are in the new year, Chelsea's fixtures were pretty good to start with but that's a really difficult month.

Soldato
[Cas];17788691 said:
If Carroll shouldn't get a chance because he's a ****, then Rooney shouldn't be there either.

I should clarify, the fact that he's a **** is irrelevant. He shouldn't play for England because he's a crap footballer. If Rooney doesn't play for England that suits me though.

Soldato
It's only so close because there are no teams now of the quality of Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool two or three years ago. The overall quality of the league has declined, particularly at the upper end of it.

I disagree. I think Chelsea's squad is far superior to Utd and Liverpools. It's just the team are out of form at the moment and the injuries are starting to take a toll.

Back
Top Bottom