Epic Games Store now open!

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, I'll wait a year then. I feel it is time to pick a side and I'm going with Steam. I know they don't care about me at the end of the day but the last thing I want is for Steam to go boobs up.

Caporegime
OP
But Epic have rattled Steam already, no question about it, the previously coasting execs at Valve are likely having to get some new ideas and damn quick too.

Might even scare them into finally releasing Half Life 3.

Yeah I saw somewhere that Gabe Newell sent an email saying "Don't die within the next five years" in response to a question asked about Half Life. I think Epic is giving them a kick up the arse.

Caporegime
OP
I'm picking both sides, not fussed about launchers and the only person I punish by choosing a side is me, by depriving myself of playing something for a large period of time.

I'm lucky in that regard - I never buy games on release. I generally wait for a Game of the Year edition or a low price. The games industry would collapse if they relied on people like me. :p

Caporegime
OP
Not a hope in hell that Cyberpunk will be an Epic exclusive, when CDPR have GOG.

Oh noes. That is the one game that I’d cave in for.

But I’ve heard nothing but moans about RDR2. The hype was through the roof at launch but when people started actually playing the damn thing, nobody was that impressed. Nice graphics but awful gameplay. And not a single BAFTA award. :p

Caporegime
OP
do the fortnite kids pay for microtransactions? i'm just wondering if there is a ready made market of people who actually pay for things as fortnite is otherwise free.

Yes, there are four boys in my family who are addicted to it. One racked up a sizeable amount because his dad left a credit card on the account. Another gets Xbox money cards for Xmas (£50 off his nan) and spent it all on Fortnite Vbucks.

Caporegime
OP
Achievements "stuck" because it isnt a gimmick, its popular with players. I love achievements, the best thing major nelson did for gamers as he was the originator of the idea.

Yes it's one thing I really miss playing mostly on PC now, my PlayStation trophies! I find they encourage you to play more of the game than I typically would, which can only be a good thing, getting your money's worth.

Back
Top Bottom