Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Soldato
I think the idiots are the ones who think the club is well. You'd have to be pretty stupid.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think the idiots are the ones who think the club is well. You'd have to be pretty stupid.

Exactly whether ETH is staying or going. They have totally ballsed it up big time. If you are slick at your operating you would have had your new manager all there and ready to come in after the FA Cup.

Ed Woodward was a total Muppet but he looks like Da Vinci compared to our new "setup". LVG was sacked and within 48 hours Jose was in.

Soldato
Exactly whether ETH is staying or going. They have totally ballsed it up big time. If you are slick at your operating you would have had your new manager all there and ready to come in after the FA Cup.

Ed Woodward was a total Muppet but he looks like Da Vinci compared to our new "setup". LVG was sacked and within 48 hours Jose was in.

Well there is a lot of upheaval so I can understand why it's taking so long but it does also come across a bit amateurish in terms of rumours clearly leaked from the club etc. Putting the entire club at risk of redundancy for WFH etc.

Not to mention... the last decade...

As I said before is the new manager going to make our second most expensive signing suddenly play well? Let's hope so.

Soldato

How have they ballsed it up?
For all you know they are validating a decision to retain ten Hag. An organisation that purports to be challenging for the elite level has to explore all the option to create the best framework for success and benchmarking your incumbent is surely a sensible move? Especially after the worst league season in the clubs recent history. There isn't just the manager/coach to consider. They are trying to create a structure and that structure is integral to appointing the coach. They clearly are going for what are considered the best people and it's not their fault that Newcastle are playing hardball with Ashworth.

They will have ballsed it up if they wait a month and appoint Southgate. if that happens , I'll apologise and admit you were right.

Caporegime
Well there is a lot of upheaval so I can understand why it's taking so long but it does also come across a bit amateurish in terms of rumours clearly leaked from the club etc. Putting the entire club at risk of redundancy for WFH etc.

Not to mention... the last decade...

As I said before is the new manager going to make our second most expensive signing suddenly play well? Let's hope so.

That is what's rotten to the core with this club when players like Sancho are worth more to keep than the manager. You will never have a decent culture with that outlook.

At this point I'd rather we played with the under 18's and be financially ruined.

Soldato
They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t. This is their first transfer window and full season with some semblance of the staff in place, they’re probably err’ing on the side of caution and want to make the right decision as they can imagine (quite rightly) the uproar of making the wrong decision.

It’s a shame it’s gone on so long, but it must be a complete ballache. I don’t really envy their position. Though, they have had months to figure out what they would do if he won / lost the FA Cup and should have planned the course they’d take in each scenario accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: fez
Caporegime
"INEOS are our saviours!!"...a few moments later..."They are no better than the Glazers!"

Rather enjoying this.

I think it is more a case of the stages of grief. We have gone through the denial phase and just crossing over into the anger phase. When we announce that Southgate is our manager then I think that's when I go looking for Jesus.

Soldato
I think the way Tuchel rejected Man Utd is going to be indicative of the response of any top coach/manager.

This seems like it will be a straight choice between ETH and Southgate for Man Utd
Is it now a poisoned chalice? If next manager doesn't get top 4 will they be out the door? Even if they win a trophy? (How many managers win trophies every year?)

Perhaps nobody wants to manage the club? Other than hoping for a payoff, what is else attractive? The new structure, I guess?

Looks like one bad egg is up for sale for £40m. That's a start and a positive move from INEOS, no player should dictate things (assuming press reports were true) and the bad attitudes need to be moved on. Rashord next please. The players are way more of a priority than the manager.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it now a poisoned chalice? If next manager doesn't get top 4 will they be out the door? Even if they win a trophy? (How many managers win trophies every year?)

Perhaps nobody wants to manage the club? Other than hoping for a payoff, what is else attractive? The new structure, I guess?

Looks like one bad egg is up for sale for £40m. That's a start and a positive move from INEOS, no player should dictate things (assuming press reports were true) and the bad attitudes need to be moved on. Rashord next please. The players are way more of a priority than the manager.

Honestly it is a poisoned chalice. No manager post Ferguson has had their reputation improved after managing the club. It is too big a reputational risk now for any top level manager.

What the club needs to do is appoint a relatively unproven manager and show some sign that they are going in the right direction, only then will the job becoming appealing again to the the top tier managers.

Soldato
Honestly it is a poisoned chalice. No manager post Ferguson has had their reputation improved after managing the club. It is too big a reputational risk now for any top level manager.

What the club needs to do is appoint a relatively unproven manager and show some sign that they are going in the right direction, only then will the job becoming appealing again to the the top tier managers.
Southgate :D

Man of Honour
OP
Hopefully we'll find something out soon, this rampant speculation over what's going on isn't great for anyone.

Soldato

Or perhaps we're both idiots for not thinking the club is in a good place?

Last edited:
Soldato
Historically you lot were essentially a cup side that strung together a decent league run every once and a while, all you are doing now is just reverting to type. Maybe you (the fans) and management need to lower your expectations :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Or perhaps we're both idiots for not thinking the club is in a good place?

Yep, this one! :p

Honestly though, people are drawing far too final conclusions from....nothing. The club is in a massive transition at the moment and if they had sacked EtH the moment the season was done and appointed a new manager who had suffered straight away then we would be hearing whinging about how they should have waited until the structure at the top was sorted and settled. If we got a new manager and he didn't get £250m to spend on exactly the players he wanted, there would have been whinging. If EtH goes somewhere else and does well again, there will be whinging.

There is always something to whinge about with United. Doubly so with the benefits of hindsight. If they still haven't said anything by the end of the month I will be concerned. Until then, its all fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Historically you lot were essentially a cup side that strung together a decent league run every once and a while, all you are doing now is just reverting to type. Maybe you (the fans) and management need to lower your expectations :)
Perhaps other club's supporters should spend less time thinking about MUFC and more time on their own club? A club that is hopefully on the decline too.

Back
Top Bottom