Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Associate
Liverpool vs Utd comparisons will still rage on whilst City wrap up another title next season? The past is the past and much like Messi vs CR7 debates worry about what is happening now.

Caporegime
Still doesnt come close to your biggest gap :cry: and pre ferguson that's exactly what you were, hell you've only had 3 league winning managers.

Still living rent free in your head though having to come into the United thread. GG.

I would understand the bravado if Klopp was still there but he has gone now and VVD is an OAP now. Setting yourself up for a right bantering next season ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Still living rent free in your head though having to come into the United thread. GG.

I would understand the bravado if Klopp was still there but he has gone now and VVD is an OAP now. Setting yourself up for a right bantering next season ;)
What bravado? Liverpool's success, or lack of, has no bearing on the state of your club. We could well finish outside the top 4 next season with a new manager in place but it still wont detract from how comical you lot are :D

Associate
Guardiola's last season, aiming for 5 in a row which will never be topped. Pretty much nailed on they will stroll to another.

Yup pretty much nailed on for his final season. He probably knows the legal stuff won't be resolved for a while so can take all his plaudits and go into the sunset with a record that won't be broken in our lifetime!

Associate
So ETH.......

He's probably a good coach. He did very well with a talented group of Ajax players playing expansive football. These were players either from the academy or identified by Overmars. Eth had no knowledge of how to identify top players and United made the fateful mistake of putting him in charge of recruitment when he'd never had this role in the past. He ended up purchasing players he'd managed or seen in the Dutch league or that he'd seen in the European Cup final in Casemiro. Consequently his recruitment has been very poor for the amount they cost. He also ended up with a bunch of players who can't play expansive football. I think United need to go out and by some playmakers like Joao Neves or Douglas Luiz - ideally both and bring in a top young CB with top level recovery pace. They need a replacement for Wan Bissaka who is much better on the ball. I remember watching a few United games and teams would double up on your winger and have no fear about leaving AWB alone because they knew he wasn't a danger

Soldato
On one hand, Man Utd's transfer policy has been terrible and I think a lot of managers would struggle to get the best out of this squad.
On the other hand, for me ETH isn't the right manager for the job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom