Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Man of Honour
OP

From the outside it looks like they've desperately tried and failed to replace him, undermined him, and now we'll plod on due to a lack of alternative options.

I accept it would be better looking at all of these things with Ashworth & co in place, too.

The FA Cup win was a great moment and I really hope we can build on it, but last season was inexcusably poor. I reckon there's a decent chance he's gone before Christmas.

Don
Unless they're absolutely mad then any contract extension will be structured in a way that means they won't have to pay him much (if any) more than they would now in the event they sack him in 6 months.

Man of Honour
OP
It would all make sense really, wouldn't it...

If our form continues from last season, people will be crying out for Southgate before October.

Soldato

From the outside it looks like they've desperately tried and failed to replace him, undermined him, and now we'll plod on due to a lack of alternative options.

I accept it would be better looking at all of these things with Ashworth & co in place, too.

The FA Cup win was a great moment and I really hope we can build on it, but last season was inexcusably poor. I reckon there's a decent chance he's gone before Christmas.
Yet apparently I'm an idiot for thinking the club is poorly run.

Man of Honour
OP
Exactly, ETH might be able to give some input, but he will be choosing from players that have been identified by the guys within the footballing structure.

Soldato
Exactly, ETH might be able to give some input, but he will be choosing from players that have been identified by the guys within the footballing structure.
The same way Ole chose players.

Except there is now a better structure, apparently. If we ignore FFP cheat and the guy who hired Tonali.

Soldato

To me it looks like they have had a patient and thorough process. My suspicion is that ten Hag knew what the process would be. He made his case and they also let other candidates make their case. There were plenty of alternatives available. I'm fine with the decision. As i've said all along, the coach is secondary behind the huge reshaping of the playing squad that is required. It makes sense that they didn't go for a complete reset at this stage especially as Berrada and Ashworth are not in position. The pressure is now on the club to help the manager build a better squad but one that can also withstand a change of coach should that be required.

Let Operation Deadwood begin.

Back
Top Bottom