Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Caporegime
@adam cool dude

Lets run away from reasoning and excuses and this and that.

Do you honestly think ETH will manage United to be a better team than the mess that they are now?

I mean seriously?

Not a dig, but I can't see it.

Yes I do the guy is a winner and is driven. He took Ronaldo head on and Sancho. We need a manager who can take the bull by the horns. I absolutely love the way he addressed the media in the FA Cup final too. I think we saw the real ETH there instead of slightly wooden figure that he shows the media in general press conferences. Culture and mentality are huge drivers of how well a team can do. I think it is hugely undervalued in pretty much every workplace not just in sport.

Arteta took it head on with Ozil and Auba and he made the right call even though at the time it looked mad. He now has a squad where he is the boss and the players play for him. Lets not forget that his start at Arsenal was even more shaky than ETH.

Erik has had one bad season in his entire career which is mitigated by unprecedented injuries plus being at our basket case club having a take over. Could he have handled it better by setting up like Stoke City every week? Maybe but Klopp was no different when he had injuries. People were questioning him why he continued to play the same and get beat. He stuck to what he is about.

This is what I have seen with ETH this season he is trying to teach a way of playing but he doesn't have the personnel to do it or the ones he does have are not fit enough for the majority of the games. It has been crap and disjointed but if you start to try and teach players different things and change it will just confuse them and make them lose faith in the manager too most likely.

He needs the right players brought in. The club need to support him and get rid of overpriced players at the same time without thinking of the ££££.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry but you can't compare Klopp with ETH.

That team has a clue. You could see the injuries hurt them.

United it was same **** different day.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yes and he used his managerial skills to turn it around

Or did he just rely on Palmer having a ridiculous time.... :p

Honestly, I am more worried about EtH staying and having a mediocre season and watching us tread water for a few more years than I am having another shocker of a season. I think if things don't get better he will be gone quite quickly next year regardless.

Either way, the club need to come out soon and either back him or sack him.

Soldato
Or did he just rely on Palmer having a ridiculous time.... :p

Honestly, I am more worried about EtH staying and having a mediocre season and watching us tread water for a few more years than I am having another shocker of a season. I think if things don't get better he will be gone quite quickly next year regardless.

Either way, the club need to come out soon and either back him or sack him.
It's the same bunch of players (plus a few new crap players) who have played poorly for years.

Are we suddenly going to turn into peak Brazil national team when we get a new manager?

Soldato
Yes and he used his managerial skills to turn it around
Or was it the run of games? As above, Palmer?

It's not so simple as saying it's ALL due to the manager.

You're deluded if you think Uniteds fortunes are going to drastically change if ETH goes. Have you been watching for the last decade??

Last edited:
Don
So Klopp was correct for continuing to play a style when he didn't have the fit players to do it? This isn't about comparing managers. This is about the principles of a coach.
I've no idea what you're talking about now. I was just responding to Nate's comment about not being able to compare ETH to Klopp - you repeatedly tried to find some way of comparing failing Utd managers with Klopp.

Man of Honour
OP
I think we're just going round in circles now, myself included.

The league form is there in black and white, and actually the stats don't reflect quite how bad it was. Based on expected points we should have been 14th I think - and given how bad the performances were, I can't see any reason to doubt that.

Fortunately, I think INEOS would have backed him by now if they weren't desperate to get rid. They're likely just getting things in place.

Soldato
You're deluded if you think Uniteds fortunes are going to drastically change if ETH goes.
this for me is the biggest issue. i just don't see the point in changing the manager at this moment in time. whether ETH is the right man or not is kind of immaterial at present, the team is made up of overpaid dross, a lot of which need to go first. the fans and indeed ineos need to accept that we will be crap again next season no matter the manager as there are just so many things wrong at the club that need sorting first.

the clamour to remove ETH i can understand totally but i fear a lot of those calling for his head are still going to be upset come this time next year even if they get their way.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's the same bunch of players (plus a few new crap players) who have played poorly for years.

Are we suddenly going to turn into peak Brazil national team when we get a new manager?

No we're not but we have the bulk of a decent team there. Good recruitment and the right setup would have us competing for top 4 next season easily. I think that we need a new LB, CB, CM and RW and we could be on the right track. Things change quickly in football. Arsenal went from being pretty ***** under Arteta to competing for the title two years on the trot. You sometimes just need a catalyst.

Fortunately, I think INEOS would have backed him by now if they weren't desperate to get rid. They're likely just getting things in place.

I dunno. Just getting that bumper new contract ready I reckon :p

Soldato
No we're not but we have the bulk of a decent team there. Good recruitment and the right setup would have us competing for top 4 next season easily. I think that we need a new LB, CB, CM and RW and we could be on the right track. Things change quickly in football. Arsenal went from being pretty ***** under Arteta to competing for the title two years on the trot. You sometimes just need a catalyst.

I dunno. Just getting that bumper new contract ready I reckon :p
That's half the team! And probably another £3-400m! That isn't happening in one window, or even two, surely?

Can anyone clarify if the club actually has any money to spend?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom