Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Oh yes,no optics-no matter what weapon you use basically,and thats why optics gone in matter of seconds after "shops" refresh.
If any fancy some duo or even bigger group im up to that,dont have much good gear as not much time to play due to work,but group is better than solo :)

Am up for it, find me on ocuk discord my name is "Bladedge"

Associate
I'll tell you one thing, starting the game as a new player in which it's mature (been a while since a reset) is only suitable if you are a masochist.

Let's go over the hole you have to dig out of:

1. 9 out 10 PMC's you will go up against are Fort/Kitted M4 super soldiers who make you vaporize. (And these players mostly started at reset, meaning they didn't have to go up against fully kitted PMC's as they progressed, hence had a much easier time of it).
2. You have no trader rep so you cannot buy any armor or any guns that aren't shooting spitballs.
3. Many raids of gear and time are lost due to bugs/DeSync/Dying to silent AI.
4. Playing as a SCAV with a pistol or TOZ-106 is a complete joke versus PMC's and only good enough to kill AI SCAVs just so you can get a shotgun that isn't completely worthless. A shotgun that is worthless outside of Factory.
5. Leaving the most effective way to level yourself and traders being hatchling runs in factory (which I refuse to do because it's stupid as hell) but is completely ruined by 30+ minute wait times to get into said Factory.

This is a REALLY bad time to start as a new player. May wait for the next reset in which I am not up against prior reset advantaged super soldiers and hopefully many of the game breaking ridiculous bugs and desync will have been looked into.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Do you ever not moan about a game Vega? Yes this is brutal, that I don't dispute, but it's not impossible. People that run around in forts are almost as vulnerable as those that don't - that armour is only protecting the chest. Your throw a few HP bullets into arms / legs and they will drop just as quick as if they had no armour. You just need to adapt to each environment you're in. The people that hatchet run Factory are usually people that aren't low-level either, it's people doing a quick three minute zero-risk high-reward run to the office. If you want actual loot, go to Shoreline.

The pistols on this game are fine so long as you know when and how to use them effectively. Shotguns useless outside of factory? Yeah, okay then... :rolleyes:

The queue time seems to be a regional thing, the most I've ever queued for in EU is 4 minutes. There are server issues, they are known, and they are being worked on. Not sure how much more or what you expect to happen?

Associate
I'll tell you one thing, starting the game as a new player in which it's mature (been a while since a reset) is only suitable if you are a masochist.

1. 9 out 10 PMC's you will go up against are Fort/Kitted M4 super soldiers who make you vaporize. (And these players mostly started at reset, meaning they didn't have to go up against fully kitted PMC's as they progressed, hence had a much easier time of it).
2. You have no trader rep so you cannot buy any armor or any guns that aren't shooting spitballs.
4. Playing as a SCAV with a pistol or TOZ-106 is a complete joke versus PMC's and only good enough to kill AI SCAVs just so you can get a shotgun that isn't completely worthless. A shotgun that is worthless outside of Factory.
5. Leaving the most effective way to level yourself and traders being hatchling runs in factory (which I refuse to do because it's stupid as hell) but is completely ruined by 30+ minute wait times to get into said Factory.

This is a REALLY bad time to start as a new player. May wait for the next reset in which I am not up against prior reset advantaged super soldiers and hopefully many of the game breaking ridiculous bugs and desync will have been looked into.

Before the last wipe I started in those excat circumstances and yes it was brutal but certainly not impossible, it's so refreshing not to have a game handhold you through the entire time.

1. Going up against geared pmc's is an 'option' most of the time, if you're careful with your movement you can avoid them easily. And also the vepr 136 is a great early game weapon, use it with PS ammo and it will take down any PMC. Ammo is very important make sure you're using armour piercing rounds.
2. Working through prapors missions for rep is pretty easy and gives you some objectives during the raids. Skiers first mission is poorly designed though :/
3. That's subjective, I've not lost anything due to connection issues (EU)
4. Scavs runs you will die 90% that's the idea, but its risk free. Don't see the issue here, it just a way to get a bit of free cash.
5. Learn and play customs, factory is a terrible map for low level players. Most of the missions are on customs as well.

This has worked for me so far :cool:

L33

L33

Permabanned
Does seem silly though that a map has a max of 7 players and 5 of them can be in one group ....
Factory is the only map with a low PMC count (6), the others are 10/12/14. Most good groups won't run a 5 man squad as the biggest issue at the moment is identification. As good as my groups comms and callouts are, and even 6+ months of Tarkov'ing together, there is occasionally a moment of 'is that you over by the...' too late. A group is more effective spread out slightly, and this leads exactly to this type of confusion. A 2 or 3 man group with solid comms seems to be the sweet spot. Running solo also has its advantages and isn't as disadvantaged against a group as most think; it is easy to down a slightly disorganised or overconfident 5 man group thinking they've nothing to fear - you can generally move quicker and quieter and it is also harder to be spotted, easier to flank or re position and confuse them.

1. Simply not true at all. I'd say 40% of players will have a very basic scav-sourced kit: 3M armour and some sort of stock AK/Vepr. 40% will be hatchlings, 15% Paca/kiver and 5% fort/MT helmet. All of these can be killed easily with 'day 1' kit.
2. Untrue. A level one AK74u/74N/Vepr will one-shot kill through even a Kiver with PS/PRS ammo.
3. True, though the number of raids without issue far outnumber those where dying is the result of a bug/desync. Personally I'd say 1 in 30 rounds causes death to one of our squad (or myself if I'm soloing) through server issues or a hacker.
4. I don't really run scav runs so can't comment
5. As toM123 said

Associate
Thanks for the comments guys, I do really appreciate them. I like the game and want it to succeed, but IMO the difference between playing right after a reset versus say now is very apparent.

Just some random thoughts: I know a lot of people say its so easy to kill fully armored players, just like they aren't wearing armor at all. So why do they wear armor if this was the case? Just aim for the arms/legs... Not sure who you guys are fighting in which they stay still so that you can shoot their head or legs out from a distance with an iron scope AK/Vepr. Especially ones you can kill with these magic bullets before they 1-2 shot you with their 4x scope AR since you have no armor...

Not that I'd want to, but I couldn't do hatch runs in factory. It takes over 30 minutes to get in that map every single time. I think those of us in the US are really screwed when it comes to servers. Those wait times and always running into De-Sync... If the most you guys in EU have queued up for is 4 minutes, it's like we are playing different games.

I'll buy a Vepr but I have been using PS ammo.

A few days ago I lost a full kitted/silenced/4x scope SKS and Fort/Kiver to a silent/bugged SCAV in Shoreline. That was a bit demoralizing. And the next game another full kit SKS paca/kiver to the SCAVs that stop moving and kill you when the server stops sending you packets. These are big losses when you don't have your foot in the trader door. Wonder if the US servers are the cause of most of my problems.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Thanks for the comments guys, I do really appreciate them. I like the game and want it to succeed, but IMO the difference between playing right after a reset versus say now is very apparent.

Just some random thoughts: I know a lot of people say its so easy to kill fully armored players, just like they aren't wearing armor at all. So why do they wear armor if this was the case? Just aim for the arms/legs... Not sure who you guys are fighting in which they stay still so that you can shoot their head or legs out from a distance with an iron scope AK/Vepr. Especially ones you can kill with these magic bullets before they 1-2 shot you with their 4x scope AR since you have no armor...
High level armour absolutely helps and may give you that extra second to duck out but it is massively dependent on the ammo type. The most deadly armour-penetrating round in the game is probably the 5.56 M955, and that will take 4-5 shots to zero-out a fort armour (class 6 armour) but does less flesh damage compared to a hollowpoint for example. Take a 9mm PSO round though and you could empty a magazine into a fort and do practically nothing, that is when you have to decisively go for the legs (or head, if unarmoured).
If I was solo with an iron-sight vepr and saw a player a large distance (>200m) away I'd probably delay engaging him and try to make up ground until I was close enough to be confident of landing a positive shot or two, especially if he was moving. Its hard to judge how armoured someone is at that distance. I'm assuming you're going prone and holding breath too when the situation allows for it? (don't mean to teach you to suck eggs here, but it helps massively and also makes you a far smaller target for return fire). Hotbar a painkiller and a medkit capable of stopping bleeds, hit those if or before you start to take any shots - a pre-emptive painkiller can save your life and they cost pennies, gives you time to disengage and re position.

Not that I'd want to, but I couldn't do hatch runs in factory. It takes over 30 minutes to get in that map every single time. I think those of us in the US are really screwed when it comes to servers. Those wait times and always running into De-Sync... If the most you guys in EU have queued up for is 4 minutes, it's like we are playing different games.
It is pretty bad at the moment. Around half of the guys in my team are from the US and it seems equally as bad at peak times for US and EU at the moment for us depending on the time of day.

I'll buy a Vepr but I have been using PS ammo.
A Vepr-139/AKM/AKMN/AKMS with PS literally shreds armour :)

A few days ago I lost a full kitted/silenced/4x scope SKS and Fort/Kiver to a silent/bugged SCAV in Shoreline. That was a bit demoralizing. And the next game another full kit SKS paca/kiver to the SCAVs that stop moving and kill you when the server stops sending you packets. These are big losses when you don't have your foot in the trader door. Wonder if the US servers are the cause of most of my problems.
I feel your pain. Shoreline is quite bad for this at the moment. If you notice it, retreat somewhere safe and ALT+F4 then reconnect.

Associate

Yeah i've been reading about the server issues a lot of ppl seem to be having, I've read that they are adding new servers asap. Hopefully that will help with the issues, must be soo frustrating.

Associate
the desync is bad in this game but after watching that video its clear there is updates coming for this aspect of the game about open beta time so thats sure positive

Associate
i completely agree with you as many games of gone before and not improved in this aspect much (im looking at you pubg) but since this is still beta with large changes to come, whos to say what the game will look like in a few months. Theres no doubt though this is the biggest issue they have to overcome

L33

L33

Permabanned
Server processing latency is still bad in this game, but it has improved massively. Actual desync I rarely see, maybe one raid in 20-30 and even then it usually clears up. Most people just call any type of network issue desync as its a twitch favourite buzzword. Anyone from pre-beta and even very early beta will remember desync used to be an order of magnitudes worse - I remember 50% of raids on customs the server or client would completely fall out of sync and nothing would work. As it stands right now with the 'lag', just use the peekers advantage to your advantage

Soldato
I think so yes. I might grab it as money goes in today. Only thing is they slap tax or delivery on Paypal or something? I'll have a look see.

Ok the standard edition at the moment:

$54.76 after Paypal system fee and 20% VAT.

Eh... I dunno.

OK card payment alone is cheapest. I see amazon pay can I use an amazon giftcard?

Associate
Thanks for that, that would make it around £20 for the base version right? Might have to pick it up as I've had my eye on it for a while.

Afraid not, its about £30 for the base version and then there's VAT on top.

The 20% discount comes off the £30. Worth every penny imo.

Associate
It's a superb game,

if buying it soon just be aware you'll be joining just before a wipe. You'll find it tough going up against fully equipped players.

The wipe is expected in the next few weeks, it resets everyone's account. As everyone starts from scratch again you'll then find it much easier to finish raids.

Back
Top Bottom