Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see I gotcha I just flashed a zip with the Jelly animations :D

I'm surprised they don't have the animations on HTC phones :o Is the carousel still there when you swipe really quick on the homescreens?

I like that one I want it on my S2! :p

I will need to root and flash me some ICS or JB animations then I can dumpy nova and get back on apex :p

There is actually a very small animation when opening and closing the apps but it isn't noticeable unless you concentrate really hard when closing/opening apps, so pointless having it in the first place :p

Nope, that is no longer there :p

Wow, I've had a reply from Moonpig...

Unfortunately at the moment the Samsung Galaxy SIII is not compatible with our ap. It is something we would like to work on but unfortunately certain changes need to be made to the actual handset before it is capable of running the ap.

I've asked for more detail, "as this is fairly big news I'm about to break to the public" :) There's a fault with the SIII!

using apex launcher at the minute, as suggested in the SGIII thread, but cant create folders in my app drawer which is something i would really like :(

What other launchers are there out there that are decent, used Go Launcher on my SGS and i could do it on that so might resort back to that, plus then i can use the other Go products that i liked as well :)

Is it possible to sync an outlook email (business address) within the Gmail app? So I can simply switch accounts and check work email.

I mean I know it's possible, but how do I do it? If I go to add account, I think it has to be a Gmail a/c?

Just been trying out that jellybean keyboard by the thumb keyboard developer and it is much better than the ICS keyboard, prediction is far better.

Swiftkey still better though, will stick with this for a few more days though.

I'm giving Apex a go (landscape home screen, oh yeah!) But it doesn't seem to like the standard Gallery app. Can anyone recommend a decent simple gallery app, preferably one with an 'all pictures' option rather than ones that insist on grouping them by folder?

Is it possible to sync an outlook email (business address) within the Gmail app? So I can simply switch accounts and check work email.

I mean I know it's possible, but how do I do it? If I go to add account, I think it has to be a Gmail a/c?

You can add any Pop3 account, so you might need to get this turned on withing your work email. You have to setup the receive as and send as parts seperately, but then yes all your work email will arrive in your gmail inbox, and you can setup a label for it.

I've finally got round to adding my hotmail account to Gmail so I can check Gmail instead. Is the official Gmail app the best one to use? I've given it a go but it doesn't seem that great, for example I can't see an option to mark items as read when ticking multiple emails :confused:

Tick multiple items then hit the envelope with the letter peeking out the top. This marks them as read. If you hit it when it shows a closed envelope it marks them as unread.

Ah it's hidden under menu, thanks :)

Would have preferred to be able to customise the three options (archive, delete, labels) that it gives you as buttons but I guess this will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom