• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Warrany Trouble!

The box looks fine to me? i dont get what EVGA are trying to show by posting the OP pics of the packaging.

Unless you place the product in a bomb proof box how can the end user protect its product from a courier?

I for one wont be buying a EVGA card or mobo in the future if this is the way they try and get out of RMAs.
I'm not trying to side with EVGA here, but I am just thinking from another angle...let say if we were EVGA, and did indeed receive the card like that, should we stick to our policy not not honour the warranty due to the physically damage, or should we make an exception and send a replacement anyway...which could lead to people abusing it and try their luck to rma something which they did damage themselves (remember BFG?)?

However, this thread has really got me thinking...should we all be just stick with buying cards of brands which got UK return base, as the greater the distance of travel of the package, the higher probability of the goods getting damaged in the process?

I must say that by word of mouth of all of the friends I have in the USA (and there are many) who use EVGA products (and there are many) all of them can't say enough about how good EVGA are.

My friend Ryan said that -

"EVGA are like BFG were. Basically they are very friendly, very personable and always try to help".

I remember when he bought his 460 2win he phoned to ask about resolutions and monitors for surround and they bent over backward to help him get it right. Basically they told him to use three 1600x900 monitors as a maximum.

Thanks to that sensible advice he had absolutely no problems.

I can see how the damage has occurred. It's not the sender's fault and it's most certainly not EVGA's fault. It's all down to UPS. Looks like an Orangutan shook that box and then played football with it.

Haha, I never went back to EVGA after the 680i motherboard incident.

Wait, you're POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at your own expense) and we'll replace it!

Wait you're NEW POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at yourown expense) and we'll replace it!

Wait you're NEW NEW POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at own expense to Germany) and we'll replace it!

Wait, we're just going to ignore your emails now and leave you with a broken, top of the range motherboard. Pfft.

I can see how the damage has occurred. It's not the sender's fault and it's most certainly not EVGA's fault. It's all down to UPS. Looks like an Orangutan shook that box and then played football with it.
Yea...it's shocking that delivery companies got so many monkeys working for them who don't take their job seriously, when there are so many people don't even have the luxury of having a job as they ain't being given the chance.

Well if the OP was truthful with how he packaged the parcel (Hopping he was :) ) then I cant see how that sort of damage would have happened. Guess the lesson like said, is to take as many pictures (maybe even videos?) of the product and packaging etc just in case this should happen.

EVGA has been very generous now with not just a replacement card but other goodies as well so top marks for that though. Its more then what I would have given :p

Agreed though that at the same time if EVGA did this for people who were taking advantage of their good natured RMA then they would lose a fair bit of money

Haha, I never went back to EVGA after the 680i motherboard incident.

Wait, you're POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at your own expense) and we'll replace it!

Wait you're NEW POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at yourown expense) and we'll replace it!

Wait you're NEW NEW POS motherboard which was the flakiest thing ever has broken?! Oh no, send it to us (at own expense to Germany) and we'll replace it!

Wait, we're just going to ignore your emails now and leave you with a broken, top of the range motherboard. Pfft.

Yet I ran one for closing in on two years and had absolutely no problems with it at all.

Well, aside from the fact it didn't support 45nm quads. But that's Nvidia's fault, not EVGA's.

Balb0wa, you will be contacted ASAP with details of this, but I can confirm RMA is good and you will be sent a new card. I have also spoken with the chaps in Munich and you might also get a t-shirt or two...even some mouse pads. They will contact you soon to arrange.

Note to all customers: Warranty/support is something EVGA takes very seriously. You the customers make EVGA what it is, and we always try and go the extra mile where possible to ensure consumers always get the best experience. However this does highlight a valid point, always take images of how cards are packed when sending away for RMA. It is not the consumer or EVGA's fault if the card is damaged en route, which is why taking a few images to back up your case is a good thing. I hope this and Nic's continued efforts will support the claim that EVGA gives the best possible service to customer at ALL times. It also points out the fact that we deal with customers as individuals, and always listen to feedback.

It is a shame that all of this fuss had to be made for you to honour your warranty - if it was that serious to you - you would have replaced it without dispute as it clearly is not the customers fault.

It is a shame that all of this fuss had to be made for you to honour your warranty - if it was that serious to you - you would have replaced it without dispute as it clearly is not the customers fault.

To be fair it wasn't EVGA's fault either.

Look at the box. Hardly like you can blame them for that surely?

That box is battered. Totally battered.

wow how embarrassing for evga, there is no way that the damage to the corner of that card occurred within the box.

More likely someone opened the box and dropped it.

"UPS WE DELIVER"

You clearly have before pics.
If claiming thru courier/RM they WILL need pics of the packaging, if the external packaging is fine they'll very probably tell you where to go.

It does however look very likely that this has been done to the card OUT of the packaging.
Another question to be asking however, does that 5m square of pcb thats been damaged even have any traces or circuitry in it? At the very corner I feel it's highly unlikely.

Will be avoiding EVGA from now on and will certainly be advising clients and friends/family of alternative brands if this is how they treat their customers.

Will be avoiding EVGA from now on and will certainly be advising clients and friends/family of alternative brands if this is how they treat their customers.

How is it EVGA's fault?

Customer packs card.

UPS then proceed to throw the box around dropping it at random.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

Then EVGA receive it. Quite frankly what they have done is marvellous. Taking the wrap for a shoddy courier and giving out goods at their own expense is not something you will find many companies doing.

The very fact that they jumped in to this thread and have sorted the matter out speaks volumes to me.

How is it EVGA's fault?

Customer packs card.

UPS then proceed to throw the box around dropping it at random.

Your word...

Customer sends card in a box, hard wrapped, well secure.
UPS nips the corner of the box
Evga opens box, drops GPU on floor
Evga see's damage returns card blames customer
Customer Blames EVGA
Customer proves his innocence with pictures
EVGA looks at box pictures and blames the nip on the corner

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom