Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Ironically will the pro EU conservatives now toe the party line or risk outsting their leader and running the risk of another GE where Labour could get in?
cant see them towing the party line, it would only take a couple anyway to block may from passing stuff, even if Dup was fully behind her which they aren't. It was a disaster for May more than it was for the tories as a whole. Al they need to do is oust her which is easy, change their more extreme policies to moderate and they would gain a sizaeable majority.

Caporegime
I'm not sure why the media are so surprised about Labour doing better this time around, the Tories were always going to lose remain voters and the only reason Labour did so badly in 2015 is because Ed Milliband was completely unelectable.

Also media claiming she didn't get a mandate for Brexit, complete rubbish they won the most seats.

Caporegime

The UDA were "counter terrorists" according to former DUP leader Robinson. Quick British media, sweep sweep under the carpet.

LOL he's basically taken the same Corbyn stance of general condemnation while refusing to condemn them directly... but claiming he condemns both sides.

no respect for either him or Corbyn - terrorist supporting scum

Man of Honour
I think a Conservative / UKIP coalition would have been a better outcome than the DUP.

Con / Lib would be the best possible outcome - the country needs a good progressive/conservative balance.

The electorate increasingly looks more and more stupid to me for voting to punish the Lib Dems - we could have avoided all this May BS.

Soldato
On the bright side still enjoying Alex Salmond's slimy **** being kicked out and Nicola Sturgeon crying as she sees IndyRef2 sail into the sunset for the foreseeable future, particularly with this result almost certainly meaning a much softer brexit.

Once we get past the partisan jeering form all side this could be the making of a sensible middle ground for the next few years, particularly if the conservative government acknowledge they went wrong and are open to working with labour of Brexit and Labour are open to not trying to veto everything just because it's come from a Tory government

Soldato
cant see them towing the party line, it would only take a couple anyway to block may from passing stuff, even if Dup was fully behind her which they aren't. It was a disaster for May more than it was for the tories as a whole. Al they need to do is oust her which is easy, change their more extreme policies to moderate and they would gain a sizaeable majority.
As she made the election all about her, rather than the party, I think they will knife at her any time.

Caporegime
Con / Lib would be the best possible outcome - the country needs a good progressive/conservative balance.

Indeed - though unfortunately the Lib Dems are still feeling rather burned after the last time. Really rather frustrating that it isn't an option this time - this alliance with the DUP instead isn't good news at all.

Soldato
As the DUP are forming the next government, there are rumblings coming out of Sinn Fein that they might take there seats on a per issue basis (i.e. voting against DUP policies they foist on the Tories).

I've been seeing the same rumblings coming from a few SF activists I'm well acquainted with today. I think though to take their seats they would need some constitutional changes via at least EGM etc. to overturn the policy of Abstentionism to recognise the legitimacy of the UK Houses of Parliament.

Soldato
Anything to hold on to power huh :D May should be ashamed of what she's done, calling a snap election when she said she wouldn't because she could smell blood from the labour party, divided the UK even more then it was already and made herself look weak to Europe and the rest of the country. This is who is expected to negotiate and represent us. Hilarious.

It's okay though guys, in a years time we won't be allowed to make posts like this slating her, we'll all be closely monitored to make sure we're all being good and not slandering the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom