Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
At least you've lived some? I cannot take to this young generation and I'm only 36. They aren't willing to listen, they're close minded, not tolerant, think they know all about the world through lecturers, friends and the Internet and think they're entitled to everything. At the same time thinking all this utopia is going to magically appear as we sing kumbaya and Hey Jude.

I work with young people and my opinion is the exact opposite. They are engaged, intelligent, and have a much wider world view than I did when I was a teenager. If anything they struggle because of the absolute barrage of information they get every day from all walks of life.
When I was a lad it was just what was on the news and what my parents thought. There was no other opinions other than that.

Soldato
At least you've lived some? I cannot take to this young generation and I'm only 36. They aren't willing to listen, they're close minded, not tolerant, think they know all about the world through lecturers, friends and the Internet and think they're entitled to everything. At the same time thinking all this utopia is going to magically appear as we sing kumbaya and Hey Jude.

They slagged Clint Eastwood for saying the same stuff.

Plenty of racist, xenophobic over 30s mate. Don't worry about it. You lot and your 'Generation *********' remarks lead to that, plenty of people on your side of the fence who do the exact same thing. Not interested in debate, just the good old 'with us or against us' attitude.

Associate
I work with young people and my opinion is the exact opposite. They are engaged, intelligent, and have a much wider world view than I did when I was a teenager. If anything they struggle because of the absolute barrage of information they get every day from all walks of life.
When I was a lad it was just what was on the news and what my parents thought. There was no other opinions other than that.

And life seemed a lot better back then. As you say, too much info overload these days.

Soldato
To me it seems a large amount of young people, mainly just students are pretty much politically retarded. I mean just look at what's happening in universities everywhere with their safe spaces and triggering BS and forcing regressive left wing policies on everyone. Seems like these people only grow up once they get out into the real world

Soldato
Nope. Just saying it the way it is me thinks.

Not in my experience.

The young, at least, aren't lapping up the corporate interests printed daily in mass media publications. They question pretty much everything. That's a refreshing change, born of the internet age. In some cases, they get lost, posting utter drivel on Social Media. But a lot of them are far more clued up and engaged than the average citizen, certainly in the last year or so.

Man of Honour
As said in my previous post. At least ukip wanted to put the country first. Twice the tories have put the party before the country. How anyone can vote for this party is beyond me. Id rather ukip be in over tories as at least they have morals. The conservatives arnt patriotic at all.... They just want power.

And I say all that as a left leaning voter.

This comes across as someone who thinks that a government can make a change in a term - Never happened.

You say 'twice' like it is an age - It is not

Any sweeping policies brought in by the new party would take years to implement , by which a new election would come around.

And what is ' they just want power ' - you just sound like an angry teenager ?

Caporegime
To me it seems a large amount of young people, mainly just students are pretty much politically retarded. I mean just look at what's happening in universities everywhere with their safe spaces and triggering BS and forcing regressive left wing policies on everyone. Seems like these people only grow up once they get out into the real world

Talks about a group of people being politically retarded, parrots a popular but incorrect alt-right complaint about universities.

Soldato

They slagged Clint Eastwood for saying the same stuff.

Totally agree the youngster I see coming out of uni who have started work with my company think the world owes them, and they want it all now, or they are just plain niaeve.

Caporegime
Popcorn required

giphy.gif

Soldato
So you're saying anyone over university age should vote Tory?

Or like I said earlier May completely misjudged the turnout and failed to engage young people.

But it's not just young people that voted against Tory.

V F

V F

Soldato
Plenty of racist, xenophobic over 30s mate. Don't worry about it. You lot and your 'Generation *********' remarks lead to that, plenty of people on your side of the fence who do the exact same thing. Not interested in debate, just the good old 'with us or against us' attitude.

Why do some people always refer to sides...

Soldato
Totally agree the youngster I see coming out of uni who have started work with my company think the world owes them, and they want it all now, or they are just plain niaeve.

Hasn't that been true of the young for generations? Eager, inexperienced at social interaction in the workplace. They've been brought up to believe they're clever, naturally gifted, and will progress quickly, owing to their natural brilliance. They haven't come to the realisation that they aren't anything unusually special yet.

It was the same in the 80's, in the 90's, in the 00's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom