Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
tl:dr on the overnight posts, but hey I wonder at what point May will try and pin the blame on the "evil" internet and pron - "We must put restrictions in place." Sadly with the DUP bailing her out that's one bit of legislation that probably would get through.

All we can hope at this stage are, 1. The knives are already out and, 2. There are enough Tory MP's with a conscience to defy the whip and abstain or vote against the more outrageous legislation.

Caporegime
Glad of this result.
If she goes out well be so so sweet.

Arrogant nasty liar. I really hope she knows how much she ****** up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I didn't realise that many constituencies had just a few hundred votes in them.
3K in 7 seats to Corby and it would be even more chaotic!

Bood for the blood god! Khorne for PM!

Caporegime
You want to blame the electorate for having their hands tied behind their back by fptp and being made to vote for individual mp's instead of the party they want?

The electoral system is what repeatedly causes hung parliaments, it is completely undemocratic, promotes tactical voting and delivers results that don't favour democracy.

With STV for a party it would be impossible for a hung parliament to occur.

No one else has a chance. I voted green but know it's a wasted vote here. Any vote here is practically wasted. It's going to be tory whatever.

If every vote mattered we'd get more hung parliaments so have to overcome that, but Lib dems and greens ukip etc would do way better

Soldato
What was confirmed to me yesterday with May's brief speech at the podium outside number 10 is the utter contempt politicians have for us the electorate. Not a word of apology except for those in her party that lost their seats, no contrition and no acknowledgement that she had got things so wrong. According to her it is business as usual. £150 million quid spent on a farce.

Caporegime
No one else has a chance. I voted green but know it's a wasted vote here. Any vote here is practically wasted. It's going to be tory whatever.

If every vote mattered we'd get more hung parliaments so have to overcome that, but Lib dems and greens ukip etc would do way better
If that happened then politicians would have to learn to compromise like the grown ups do in real countries.

Caporegime
What was confirmed to me yesterday with May's brief speech at the podium outside number 10 is the utter contempt politicians have for us the electorate. Not a word of apology except for those in her party that lost their seats, no contrition and no acknowledgement that she had got things so wrong. According to her it is business as usual. £150 million quid spent on a farce.
She did apologise to those that lost their seats, though perhaps not in that speech.

Caporegime
So the conservatives won... But lost... Labour lost... But won... The SNP won and lost in Scotland but still won and the conservatives won in Scotland but lost... The government was Tory but now can't be even though it is still and they need to make some Irish chaps Tory so they can be in charge even though they where and still are... UKIP lost but because of brexit they already won... 18 independent won but didn't win because they don't have a party, so they lost but are now MPs so they won... The winner (Theresa May) is being told to resign because she didn't win and she won't because she won even though she lost...

All seems perfectly straight forward to me...

Taken from faceache, but sums it all up brilliantly for me!

Soldato
Our system very rarely gives us hung Parliaments it's about the best thing about it the plurality vote generally gets a working majority. 2010 and 2017 are unusual in that respect. Most proportional or transferable systems will deliver more hung parliaments and pretty much perpetual coalition. It will give more power to small single issue or outlier parties. Personally aim prefer the faults of our current arrangement to the faults of most others but that's personal preference.

Soldato
Most people have no idea what the two terms mean probably because they are meaningless undefined sounbites used by manipulative politicians and media outlets to try an control the people?

Actually hard Brexit is pretty much WTO trading terms, those terms are costed at 50 - 100 billion short term this is widely known and unlikely to be popular.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
i think the next election will be the end of the conservatives. Their short time was not short enough

I doubt it, they actually increased both the number of voters and vote share at this election.

If they have a more charismatic leader, don't mention fox hunting and support pensioners again then they could do even better.

Soldato
i think the next election will be the end of the conservatives. Their short time was not short enough

It won't be, because if Labour get in, the economic damage from Brexit will be attributed to them and the Tories can sit and point and say Labour can't manage the economy.

That it's the Tories that ****ed the economy will be irrelevant once the tabloid brainwashing programme gets into gear.

Man of Honour
so tories are even more of a minority now after Scottish mps say they will tear away from May and prioritise single market over immigration.
If tories aren't deciding a new leader and a GE now, they are ***** dumb and totally blind.

Soldato
I don't understand why hard brexit means hard border between Ireland and RoI. it's an island, if they want to allow people back and forward willy nilly then that's fine, just do checks at airports/ferry ports when they try to come to britian. Surely that makes sense? Am I missing something obvious?

I think the problem is that NI wouldn't be part of the United Kingdon of Britain and NI if there was border controls between Britain and NI.... Something the unionists obviously wouldn't be happy about as it would be seen as a move toward an Irish re unification....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom