Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gotta love the baby-booming Brexiteers berating the youth vote!

"How could you believe Labour's fiscal nonsense - here's a clue: did they write it on the side of a bus?"

"It's utterly irresponsible to expect things like affordable housing and free university education (like we all got before pulling up the ladder after us)"

"Dispicable to accept a fantastical bribe (as opposed to the very real perennial pension bribe we're used to being promised each GE by the Conservatives.)"

"We may have put the gun of Brexit to our head and pulled the trigger, but the youth's choice of bullet really is the cause of the impending headache."

i know, how very dare we take issue with decisions being made that we have more than 10 years to live with.

i think people seem to be under the impression that age leads to political wisdom in all cases.

Caporegime
Can't you count?
One things for sure, if it had been 48/52 the other way, we'd never have had any complaining.

Hahahahaha *breathes* hahahhahahah!

*composes self*

Sorry, must have missed the 30 years of complaining about the EU and campaigns by people like Boris and UKIP over that time to leave the EU?

Soldato
Confirmation of their narrative that the reason life is hard is someone else's fault, and that if we could just get rid of the poor / immigrants / labour voters / feminists / young people / Muslims / the BBC / homosexuals / whoever then things would just be lovely.
SO what you are saying is it is confirmation of their beliefs? You just answered my question.

Soldato
Hahahahaha *breathes* hahahhahahah!

*composes self*

Sorry, must have missed the 30 years of complaining about the EU and campaigns by people like Boris and UKIP over that time to leave the EU?

When you've finished trying to sound patronising, maybe tell me where we've had a vote in the last 30 years?
No? You can't can you. Think before sneering.

Caporegime
When you've finished trying to sound patronising, maybe tell me where we've had a vote in the last 30 years?
No? You can't can you. Think before sneering.

You really think the 30 years of negative press, the party set up to leave the EU and all the rest of the negativity would just have disappeared if the country voted the other way?

Not on your nelly.

Farage would still be beating the drum, shouting for another referendum (he even said he would with this result before the vote). The anti EU newspapers would still be posting news stories about how we had our chance and blew it with every EU article and many of the Leave voters would still be complaining about the result.

It was a close vote, if you think those passionate about either option are really any different in this matter then you're at best naive.

Soldato
The best thing about young people coming out to vote is that they don't buy print newspapers. That's unlikely to change as they get older. That must scare the Tories senseless.

Soldato
You really think the 30 years of negative press, the party set up to leave the EU and all the rest of the negativity would just have disappeared if the country voted the other way?

Not on your nelly.

Farage would still be beating the drum, shouting for another referendum (he even said he would with this result before the vote). The anti EU newspapers would still be posting news stories about how we had our chance and blew it with every EU article and many of the Leave voters would still be complaining about the result.

It was a close vote, if you think those passionate about either option are really any different in this matter then you're at best naive.
I'm talking about the mass hysteria we've witnessed since the decision to leave. That WOULD NOT have happened as you well know, people like me would have moaned about it over a pint but you wouldn't have seen the George Soros sycophants on the streets protesting because they lost.
That's the simple difference. Bad losers.

Soldato
Can't you count?
One things for sure, if it had been 48/52 the other way, we'd never have had any complaining.
Surely you are trolling. Nobody could say that with a straight face.

I mean, after 25 years of complaining, Farage said 52/48 would be unfinished business and would require a 2nd referendum, and you all said his complaining warranted a knighthood.

My hypocrisy meter just exploded and my integrity meter appears to have shed a tiny tear.

Permabanned
I'm talking about the mass hysteria we've witnessed since the decision to leave. That WOULD NOT have happened as you well know, people like me would have moaned about it over a pint but you wouldn't have seen the George Soros sycophants on the streets protesting because they lost.
That's the simple difference. Bad losers.

Rofl... All you need to look on is the daily mail comments to see what your saying as complete lies

Caporegime
The best thing about young people coming out to vote is that they don't buy print newspapers. That's unlikely to change as they get older. That must scare the Tories senseless.

Over a quarter (27.3 per cent) of the press is owned by Lord Rothermere and 24.9 per cent by Rupert Murdoch – between them these two men have over 50 per cent of the printed press.

Its in their best interest to crush the masses hence their anti Labour stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom