Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't think it quite works like that as the SF MPs would have to be sworn in first. It is that swearing in that they object to, as Republicans they do not recognise the Queen as head of state for them.
Parliament would be in session so there is no reason the 7 of them couldn't be sworn in it only takes a few seconds. It would be a brave man that denied them and the mere threat would keep The Tory whips in a state of perpetual tension around big votes they will be pretty nervous anyway as the UDP and troublesome bank benchers play endless brinkmanship to push there own agendas!

Soldato
I don't buy it. The conservative MPs would need to sign it off first.

And if we are really dealing with a ruling party who let advisors write their entire manifesto with no input from elected officials, its very damaging for democracy.

Labour consulted with MPs, unions, members etc

wasn't the problem that the MPs and cabinet didn't see untill 2 days before it went public ?

Caporegime
ANd none of your words were beyond me, it was the pomposity of the post with a clear intent to brow beat. I'm quite sure you don't speak to people in person like that which is what makes me smile. The fact that your argument was so poor you had to resort to that hilarious post in order to try to assert superiority.
Funny as you like.
Any risk of you arguing the point?

If people's beliefs and opinions about life are way off track as far as evidence, statistics, the actual reality of the situations go then they will make poor decisions. If the media reinforce those incorrect beliefs, that will exacerbate the problem. It becomes a vicious circle, because people like to have their beliefs confirmed, however erroneous they are, so their beliefs get stronger and stronger, regardless of whether they bear any resemblance to reality. The media can therefore manipulate the political landscape by influencing what people believe to be true. When the media is largely owned by a tiny number of people, the public end up believing things that suit their vested interests and voting for things that benefit them.

Soldato
Corbyn provides it by losing a GE that was there for the taking? But really?
CHrist, some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Labour ran a fantastical giveaway campaign against a Tory party that ran the worst campaign in living memory. Labour successfully mobilised the youth and outdid the Tories at every turn (except that horrid piece of work Abbott that must have cost them some votes) and they STILL LOST THE ELECTION!
Instead of bitching about the Tory party, maybe look closer to home at Labour's obvious failings eh? How low your expectations must have been to see this as a victory...
Labour LOST by 56 seats.

i'd say burning a 23 point lead and overall majority in the HoC to the point where you have to get into bed with Terrorist sympathisers who despise gay bakeries and believe Jesus created the earth is more of a loss than gaining 32 seats and going from 23% to 40%. You need to get some perspective sunshine, this isn't a football match

Soldato
How is this hook up being seen in Ireland? I know SF are being pushed to take their seats, which they won't do, but people can't be happy with the DUP seemingly getting a lot more power...

Got a sister who lives in Longford, the general consensus in Ireland is that May has lost her mind and will end up getting burnt.

Man of Honour
With a decent parliamentary backing and the PR team that Blair had, I think Jeremy would have walked this election.

Any labour leader should have walked this one given what a mess may made of the campaign. The fact that corbyn is still 50 seats short is not a positive at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom