Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Any labour leader should have walked this one given what a mess may made of the campaign. The fact that corbyn is still 50 seats short is not a positive at this point.

when you have to break through the bile that the most heavilly read papers in the country pump out i;d say Corbyn fared well. It's not a victory in any sense, but also not really what you would describe as a loss. If the roles were reversed I don't think May would have done any better, likely with her robotic personality she would have been blown out of the park.

Imagine what could have happened if Corbyn had the likes of the daily Heil and the Sun pushing for him.

Soldato
I think another factor is now the proliferation of philanthropic billionaires such as Zuckerberg. People "growing up" as it were are now seeing that you can both be monetarily successful and socially responsible even that you SHOULD be socially responsible.

I'm also seeing a lot of graduates entering careers where their sole driver is job satisfaction or how much impact they can have on / contribute to society, with monetary gain being a distant consideration. I think as we start to see the well educated enter professions they both enjoy and where the pay is "good enough", we'll continue to see their social ideals persist with them as they "grow up".

socially responsible. ??

Please,!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..

Just ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You have made my year
Ha ha ha ha ha

Man of Honour
when you have to break through the bile that the most heavilly read papers in the country pump out i;d say Corbyn fared well. It's not a victory in any sense, but also not really what you would describe as a loss. If the roles were reversed I don't think May would have done any better, likely with her robotic personality she would have been blown out of the park.

Imagine what could have happened if Corbyn had the likes of the daily Heil and the Sun pushing for him.

Imagine if corbyn hadn't got a load of historic baggage to give the tabloids endless ammunition.

As I said in the thread I linked earlier, corbyn ran a good campaign, but he comes with a lot of baggage,

Caporegime
And they have started already!

So they won't allow same sex marriage in N.Ireland and would like it if NI couples couldn't get married in Scotland...

y6rJU3N.jpg

and now I'm on the side of the SNP. :/

if may doesn't shut this DU **** down come Monday or the conservatives ditch her for considering it then I'm done with them.

Permabanned
Anyone can run a good campaign if they lie, he promised everyone absolutely everything, thank god some people saw through it

Ionic though that all those who voted for May becasue they weren't happy with Corbyn and his links to people like Adams are not actually going to end up with what they feared the most.

Caporegime
I think another factor is now the proliferation of philanthropic billionaires such as Zuckerberg. People "growing up" as it were are now seeing that you can both be monetarily successful and socially responsible or even that you SHOULD be socially responsible.

i think that's more they rich then point they have so much money they can do whatever they want and never notice the impact.

if you've got billions spending million on charity is like losing change down the back of the sofa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom