Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

i think that's more they rich then point they have so much money they can do whatever they want and never notice the impact.

if you've got billions spending million on charity is like losing change down the back of the sofa.

Millions? Zuckerberg is giving away 99% of his wealth.

One of my last modules this year was entrepreneurial management. 90% of the class chose social entrepreneurs for their case study - many stated they wanted to emulate them and make difference socially.

More and more, graduates are turning away from wealth as their main motivator.

Caporegime

is being future tense.

how much are we talking currently?

1%? 2%?

SAN FRANCISCO — Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder and chief executive of Facebook, announced on Tuesday that he and his wife would give 99 percent of their Facebook shares “during our lives” — holdings currently worth more than $45 billion — to charitable purposes.

wow great !

In a securities filing, Facebook said Mr. Zuckerberg planned “to sell or gift no more than $1 billion of Facebook stock each year for the next three years.” He intends to retain his majority voting position in the company’s stock for the foreseeable future
hmmmm

that being 2015.

so 3 bn (possibly) out of 45....not quite 99% is it?

One of my last modules this year was entrepreneurial management. 90% of the class chose social entrepreneurs for their case study - many stated they wanted to emulate them and make difference socially.

that must have been awkward for you as a person knowingly hoovering up the funds allocated to the development of future generations.

V F

V F

Soldato
They do need tackling but 3 at once? as a manifesto pledge?

We do need an open debate on pensions in the future in parliament.

Debate? The country talks too much as it is. The country needs action and problems sorted right now.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

is being future tense.

how much are we talking currently?

1%? 2%?

He can't do it all at once as it would destabilise the company.

that must have been awkward for you as a person knowingly hoovering up the funds allocated to the development of future generations.

Didn't even cross my mind.

Permabanned
With a result this stupid the tories should suck it up and run a minority government for a while and then send us back to the polls.
LETS SEE HOW STUPID THE TORIES ARE:

The 30 Tory seats with the slimmest majorities

1. Southampton Itchen (31 majority, Labour second)
2. Richmond Park (45 majority, Lib Dems second)
3. Stirling (148 majority, SNP second)
4. St Ives (312 majority, Lib Dems second)
5. Pudsey (331 majority, Labour second)
6. Hastings & Rye (346 majority, Labour second)
7. Chipping Barnet (353 majority, Labour second)
8. Thurrock (345 majority, Labour second)
9. Preseli Pembrokeshire (314 majority, Labour second)
10. Calder Valley (609 majority, Labour second)
11. Norwich North (507 majority, Labour second)
12. Broxtowe (865 majority, Labour second)
13. Stoke-on-Trent South (663 majority, Labour second)
14. Telford (720 majority, Labour second)
15. Bolton West (936 majority, Labour second)
16. Aberconwy (635 majority, Labour second)
17. Northampton North (807 majority, Labour second)
18. Hendon (1,072 majority, Labour second)
19. Mansfield (1,057 majority, Labour second)
20. Middlesbrough South & Cleveland East (1,020 majority, Labour second)
21. Milton Keynes South (1,725 majority, Labour second)
22. Northampton South (1,159 majority, Labour second)
23. Pendle (1,279 majority, Labour second)
24. Milton Keynes North (1,915 majority, Labour second)
25. Morecambe & Lunesdale (1,399 majority, Labour second)
26. Finchley & Golders Green (1,657 majority, Labour second)
27. Camborne & Redruth (1,577 majority, Labour second)
28. Putney (1,554 majority, Labour second)
29. Harrow East (1,757 majority, Labour second)
30. Watford (2,092 majority, Labour second)

Soldato
Debate? The country talks too much as it is. The country needs action and problems sorted right now.
be that as it may but parliament need to have the debate..... This place is the only place I've ever really heard talk about it but anyone I talk to agrees it's a massive issue.

Caporegime

well they've got to make their millions first... Zuckerberg hasn't exactly given away 99% of his wealth, rather he's made a pledge to give away large sums - he's still going to retain lots of control

Associate
Well... What a few days huh?

Nothing like politics, an election and social media to turn people into complete and utter morons. I remain pretty quiet on my political views, especially on Facebook... Nothing screams "complete ******" like the the person posting an image with some bias text with no understanding of the parties manifestos and full of holes (that's on both sides of the fence)

Anyway... Both a great result and a poor one. A real political shift, a landmark moment but wish we ended with something more concise.. Even if it meant a Con majority... Can see another election in 12-18 months time.

I've always voted Conservative, yes, I actually liked David Cameron.. This time around I voted Labour, really surprised myself.

Our local MP (Who is Labour) is such a fantastic chap, an ex lawyer and active in the community (Does shifts in local community orgs and was spotted helping change a stranded womens tyre on afternoon of voting). Not only did he reply to a letter I sent him, he even followed up with a second letter as he'd not heard back from me and was free for a chat to catch up on it if I wanted... He then turned up at our door one day, I wasn't in so he spoke for a while to my wife about education (she's a teacher). Never seen an MP like him... it's no wonder, increased share by 11% (Con only increased by 2%) overall vote share of almost 60%!

I'm sceptical about Mr Corbyn, he did however run a very positive campaign. I'm on a Conversative mailing list and the amount of "Labour means doom" emails I received is insane, on top of their media onslaught.

Labour have my vote, for the foreseeable. Both parties have their pros and cons but as long as I have the local MP we do, it'll remain theirs.

Last edited:
Soldato
They do need tackling but 3 at once? as a manifesto pledge?

We do need an open debate on pensions in the future in parliament.

Agreed. More than just pensions, or the ageing demographic, there are so many things that should be tacked across party lines. UK politics is far too tribal, and there's far too much time wasted with one side combatting another.

Caporegime
3KqS8pO.jpg

LOL, already the Orange Order are circle jerking over hopes they can do a contentious parade route and this would hopefully be "high on the agenda" of the government,

Soldato
Well... What a few days huh?

Nothing like politics, an election and social media to turn people into complete and utter morons. I remain pretty quiet on my political views, especially on Facebook... Nothing screams "complete ******" like the the person posting an image with some bias text with no understanding of the parties manifestos and full of holes (that's on both sides of the fence)

Anyway... Both a great result and a poor one. A real political shift, a landmark moment but wish we ended with something more concise.. Even if it meant a Con majority... Can see another election in 12-18 months time.

I've always voted Conservative, yes, I actually liked David Cameron.. This time around I voted Labour, really surprised myself.

Our local MP (Who is Labour) is such a fantastic chap, an ex lawyer and active in the community (Does shifts in local community orgs and was spotted helping change a stranded womens tyre on afternoon of voting). Not only did he reply to a letter I sent him, he even followed up with a second letter as he'd not heard back from me and was free for a chat to catch up on it if I wanted... He then turned up at our door one day, I wasn't in so he spoke for a while to my wife about education (she's a teacher). Never see an MP like him... it's no wonder, increased share by 11% (Con only increased by 2%) overall vote share of almost 60%!

I'm sceptical about Mr Corbyn, he did however run a very positive campaign. I'm on a Conversative mailing list and the amount of "Labour means doom" emails I received is insane, on top of their media onslaught.

Labour have my vote, for the foreseeable. Both parties have their pros and cons but as long as I have the local MP we do, it'll remain theirs.
Have you told him this? You ought to if you haven't.

Mobster
Soldato
LETS SEE HOW STUPID THE TORIES ARE:

The 30 Tory seats with the slimmest majorities

1. Southampton Itchen (31 majority, Labour second)
2. Richmond Park (45 majority, Lib Dems second)
3. Stirling (148 majority, SNP second)
4. St Ives (312 majority, Lib Dems second)
5. Pudsey (331 majority, Labour second)
6. Hastings & Rye (346 majority, Labour second)
7. Chipping Barnet (353 majority, Labour second)
8. Thurrock (345 majority, Labour second)
9. Preseli Pembrokeshire (314 majority, Labour second)
10. Calder Valley (609 majority, Labour second)
11. Norwich North (507 majority, Labour second)
12. Broxtowe (865 majority, Labour second)
13. Stoke-on-Trent South (663 majority, Labour second)
14. Telford (720 majority, Labour second)
15. Bolton West (936 majority, Labour second)
16. Aberconwy (635 majority, Labour second)
17. Northampton North (807 majority, Labour second)
18. Hendon (1,072 majority, Labour second)
19. Mansfield (1,057 majority, Labour second)
20. Middlesbrough South & Cleveland East (1,020 majority, Labour second)
21. Milton Keynes South (1,725 majority, Labour second)
22. Northampton South (1,159 majority, Labour second)
23. Pendle (1,279 majority, Labour second)
24. Milton Keynes North (1,915 majority, Labour second)
25. Morecambe & Lunesdale (1,399 majority, Labour second)
26. Finchley & Golders Green (1,657 majority, Labour second)
27. Camborne & Redruth (1,577 majority, Labour second)
28. Putney (1,554 majority, Labour second)
29. Harrow East (1,757 majority, Labour second)
30. Watford (2,092 majority, Labour second)

Incredible how close Labour were to being able to form a minority Government as the largest party.

Caporegime
No catholic in this country can possibly vote for the Tories next time, with the DUP in the wings it'd just be untenable.

I hazard a lot of Catholics that may have voted for them in Scotland will be finding themselves flocking to back the SNP/Labour and not looking back, as now they will have to suffer a resurgent orange order gloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom