Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Given how bad things are with May, and the possible worse alternatives such as Boris as PM, I decided to look back at some videos from what I personally consider the last known stable Ieadership of the conservative party, that I have seen in the years of my life time. And for me, this is none other than John Major during the 1990s. I was old enough during the 90s to remember some stability during those years. Granted, there weren't some of the situations we are faced with now, so it is hard to measure how well John Major would have dealt with the problems we face today, but I don't think he would have gave into the pressures of holding an eu referendum necessarily - people older than me may recall things I don't about his leadership and may disagree though. That said, looking back at that period, and looking back at some old videos on youtube as a reminder of his leadership, I actually think he was quite underrated, and yes I think he was actually better than Cameron in some ways.

Mobster
Soldato
Soldato
Btw SF for example are anti abortion as well so it's not just the DUP.

In regards to the creationism ***** I can't find much about it online bar a story about a DUP MLA going to a "Talk" about it. It hasn't and never will be getting taught in schools.

Permabanned
Ian Paisley Jr sums up everything that is wrong with the DUP, he has some abhorrent views and is unrepentant. A bit like his late father really.

Caporegime
Mobster
Soldato
But it's based on 2 days of being told that Corbyn is a legend for losing the election despite promising the Earth and Theresa May being ridiculed for losing a few seats despite getting more votes than they did in 2015. It's not a reflection on their actual ability to lead.

No, her ability to lead was shown in the election when she u-turned and ran away from debates. Her ability to lead was shown after the election when she carried on as if nothing had changed. Her ability to lead was shown when she immediately cozied up with the DUP and put the peace process in at least some jeopardy.

Caporegime
No, her ability to lead was shown in the election when she u-turned and ran away from debates. Her ability to lead was shown after the election when she carried on as if nothing had changed. Her ability to lead was shown when she immediately cozied up with the DUP and put the peace process in at least some jeopardy.

this she failed the fact corbyn failed harder makes no differnce

Caporegime
If people wanted a soft Brexit then why didn't Labour get a majority what with all of the free stuff he was offering? you can't even reach 326 seats with all of the remainer parties put together. If the DUP respect the 2016 independence referendum then May has only really lost 2 seats.

How can the Tories not getting a majority mean a rejection of hard Brexit and yet Labour doing appallingly by comparison isn't a rejection of soft Brexit?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Btw SF for example are anti abortion as well so it's not just the DUP.

In regards to the creationism ***** I can't find much about it online bar a story about a DUP MLA going to a "Talk" about it. It hasn't and never will be getting taught in schools.

how about this classic:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-giants-causeway-creationism-row-7917687.html

The National Trust has defended its decision to include references to creationist theory at a new state-of-the-art visitors' centre at the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

The move was hailed by a Christian group which said the gesture "both respects and acknowledges an alternative viewpoint" on the origins of the earth.

But after facing criticism for including theories that the planet is only 6,000 years old, the Trust said it had merely acknowledged the presence of such views and was committed to scientific evidence on the origins of the Causeway.

The issue of including creationist theories has sparked controversy in the past in Northern Ireland, when prominent members of the Democratic Unionist Party at Stormont lobbied for museums to include such opinions.

The Causeway is a Unesco World Heritage Site and features more than 40,000 interlocking basalt columns formed millions of years ago by volcanic activity.

absolute idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom