Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The people on this forum trying to decipher the youth vote and complaining about it is despicable and hugely patronising. Just because tuition fees was a factor in voting for labour doesn't mean it was the only issue.

You moan when they didn't vote and now moan when they did.

What you may as well be saying to them is... Dont vote unless you vote for the party that we want you to vote for.

And stop acting like they are the only people that voted for them. There are plenty of ex conservative voters on this forum.
voting age should 21 or even 25 once they have left school and joined the real world.

Soldato
Am I reading this right ? - some of OCUK are saying the young are too stupid to vote?

From 'generally' a group of people on a forum so utterly misled by right propaganda they swallow it whole & don't question why things are the way they are?

If you thought brexit & trump getting in were a shock, I've seen it all now :D

Facepalm.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
Am I reading this right ? - some of OCUK are saying the young are too stupid to vote?

From 'generally' a group of people on a forum so utterly misled by right propaganda they swallow it whole & don't question why things are the way they are?

Facepalm.jpg

I'll say one thing, the politicians have done so well creating fights and ill feelings between young and old when really what should be happening, the young and old fight the establishment. I guess these things will never change with the mud slinging though. Hence the tribalism.

Associate
This is my opinion now as a result of the outcome of the election.

A deal will be negotiated with the EU which will then not get approved by parliament.

Nah I doubt it. I was initially thinking that Labour had painted themselves into a corner by saying no single market membership and no freedom of movement but I think push come to shove most Tory and Labour MP's are going to ignore the party line. Corbyn could feasibly just completely u-turn on the single market and free movement. This is perilous though because if that happens this issue will not go away for decades more and any UKIP voters who went back to Labour/Tory will be effectively radicalised. In my view of course.

Soldato

Facepalm.jpg
Some are also saying if you are a certain age you are also too senile to vote, and if you are sick or disabled you shouldn't be able to vote either.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

voting age should 21 or even 25 once they have left school and joined the real world.

Vote should be 16+

If they are old enough to pay taxes, have sex, get married and die for our country then they are old enough to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom