Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
How am I shifting? I have stressed 18 is too young to vote it should be 21?
Responses like this highlight my point.

You get all sorts of different rates of understanding and progression - I've talked to some <16 who are articulate on their reasons to vote and have a good idea understanding of politics and the broader needs of the country and then personally I really didn't have a good grasp on it until I was well into my 20s.

Soldato
You get all sorts of different rates of understanding and progression - I've talked to some <16 who are articulate on their reasons to vote and have a good idea understanding of politics and the broader needs of the country and then personally I really didn't have a good grasp on it until I was well into my 20s.
So you agree?

Soldato
It’s a maturity thing. Most young voters simply aren’t emotionally stable and mature enough to be entrusted with election vote, and also lack a stake in the game (income, assets, career, etc.)

so your future isn't a stake in the game then?

cmon man, if you're going to spout trash at least make it coherent trash

Soldato
You can't undo burned money. Besides, if Cameron is such a great guy as so many including here want him back, he was the one that caused all this mess and bailed ship. All of this is because of him.

No, it's not. I'm a labour voter and no fan of Dave but we can't blame him for this, or for bailing.

He ran the referendum reluctantly, and warned us all not too do the thing. You can't blame him for dipping out when we ignored him

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

There is plenty of support in raising the age to vote, not just my crazy idea.

I think you're overstating that a little. Apart from a few fringe nutcases, I'm not aware of any serious support for raising the voting age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom