Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
stuff from Samuel Hooper
I just don't understand what he's saying.

He grew up "on benefits" in a single-parent family.

He then says welfare was "at best irrelevant, as worst a hindrance".

So I'm guessing he'd like to have no received any benefits, and possibly been homeless/starving instead?

It just doesn't make any sense. But he is trying to push the whole "self made man; state did nothing for me!" angle. But in doing so he' massively contradicted himself in the space of two sentences.

Caporegime
Everybody on the news seems to think this current govt is doomed and can't last the year.

A fair few saying TM can't last more than a couple months.

Seems like a completely hopeless situation for the Tories now. Got to smile ;)

Trump was supposed to be impeached within a couple of months too... tbh there seems to be a big rift between big media and the current US/UK governments, it's like they're two factions at war with the media constantly trying to delegitimize and undermine the government.

Caporegime
Getting ******* tedious with government positions going to any tom, dick or harry. Why the **** has Gove now been involved in Education (twice, different roles), chief whip and now is going into a completely unrelated role?

Jesus, how very cynical, still being impertinently offensive to the electorate.

Caporegime
Trump was supposed to be impeached within a couple of months too... tbh there seems to be a big rift between big media and the current US/UK governments, it's like they're two factions at war with the media constantly trying to delegitimize and undermine the government.
Except here the media were penning love letters to the Tories the whole length of the campaign.

In the US the media have never liked Trump.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Getting ******* tedious with government positions going to any tom, **** or harry. Why the **** has Gove now been involved in Education (twice, different roles), chief whip and now is going into a completely unrelated role?

Jesus, how very cynical, still being impertinently offensive to the electorate.

While some of the best people in the political sphere for handling something like Brexit couldn't be further removed from any involvement LOL.

Caporegime

It's why I'm not getting my hopes on her stepping down or being forced out. She's setting everything up to power through the incoming onslaught.

Caporegime
I'm somewhat confused however, why is Corbyn actively trying to tie himself to the Brexit turd?

I mean i can sort of see it from a principled "someone has to be a leader" civility to it, but he'd ruin Labour again, he has time to wait for a likely landslide come 2022, why is he desiring political suicide?

Maybe he's bluffing... ugh i dunno :(

Soldato
Corbyn will be 73 years old in 2022 though, he might as well make things as uncomfortable for May as he can now and hope the Tories self destruct asap. It is going to be pretty much impossible for her to take the moral high ground in pmq's whilst supported by the DUP loonies.

Soldato
It’s a maturity thing. Most young voters simply aren’t emotionally stable and mature enough to be entrusted with election vote, and also lack a stake in the game (income, assets, career, etc.)

How patronising and condescending do you want to be ??
Sorry to break it too you fella but the youth of today are more intelligent and informed than the youth of yesterday, but will not be as informed / intelligent than the youth of tomorrow . It's called evolution!
Yet loads of your old age 'Daily Fail' / 'Express' readers who have never left this country or looked for news/information elsewhere are in a fantastically informed position to make an intelligent and informed vote :rolleyes:
I know who I'd rather have a vote!
16 year olds should be allowed to vote, society would be far better for it!

Man of Honour
If you're old enough to die for your country you're old enough to vote, 18 is fine.

There are stupid people of all ages, colours, sizes, sexual persuasion, gender, religion, level of education, young age and stupidity are not mutually inclusive.

And in reply to what was said about those having a financial interest in the elections, you can't exclude those who don't have the required assets.

Man of Honour
Corbyn will be 73 years old in 2022 though, he might as well make things as uncomfortable for May as he can now and hope the Tories self destruct asap. It is going to be pretty much impossible for her to take the moral high ground in pmq's whilst supported by the DUP loonies.

PMQs are going to be interesting to say the least. I wonder if May will find some excuse not to turn upto them lol!

Caporegime
I'm starting to think Boris is the most cringeworthy politician of modern times. His latest tweet about the guy who knifed him...
''It's a GOVErnment of all the talents. Welcome back to Michael!''
:rolleyes:
Epic punning skills...

I read a blog post from last year about BoJo entitled Boris: The man, the myth, the *******. Fair dos, really.

Edit: swearing filter got me. Use your imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom