F1 2017

Associate
Cheers for the replies, I grabbed it and had a quick few trial laps. Tried it maxed at 3440 and it ran avg 35-40fps so dropped to High and it was much much smoother.

Will have a good go of it later, felt fun.

My 1080 can just about average 60fps on ultra, dropping it to high it runs at a solid 100 (the refresh rate of my X34). Not really fiddled with settings too much but I think shadows has the biggest impact.

Permabanned
Not getting the game at the moment, lots of crashes to desktop, graphics look ruff as a badgers arse(will checkout my Nvidea control panel settings)

It's not your settings, the graphics are just poor... mainly because of the lack of decent Anti Aliasing options. Nvidia DSR helps a bit but it's still pretty ugly.

Associate
Got my difficulty set just perfect from me, really is the best ai racing ive experienced in a game by far.

Just about to start Russia and had some epic battles already.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Shame that the game is broken. The durability bug on anything less than 100% races and the AI times in practice and qualy make it pretty pointless playing at the moment.

Soldato
Shame that the game is broken. The durability bug on anything less than 100% races and the AI times in practice and qualy make it pretty pointless playing at the moment.

not sure I understand you - You can adjust the AI difficulty.

Also the constant DSQ in online races has been patched and fixed as well today so they are sorting things out quick.

Associate
Patch 1.4 has screwed my sound up, audio stutters all over the place, pretty sure they'll sort it in the next day or two as loads have complained about it.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
not sure I understand you - You can adjust the AI difficulty.

Also the constant DSQ in online races has been patched and fixed as well today so they are sorting things out quick.

This bug: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/55905/25-race-engine-part-scaling-wear-bug

And this: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56314/qualifying-with-ai-is-broken

Seems the times aren't fully reprasentative once a session ends up until the race. I lowered the AI difficulty to 90 and that puts me around my team mate which is fine, but the first bug makes doing a career pointless as you run out of engine parts pretty quickly as it's scaling the wear the wrong way. I don't have time for 100% races right now so waiting for patch. Apparently they're on with it.

Permabanned
I know its not practical for many but the best way to play this (and all the previous codies F1 games) is to do all races at 100%. Ultimately things like tyre deg/engine wear etc is all initially programmed based on 100% races and then tweaked for scaling. The problem is that scaling has always introduced various issues in every game, some of which you may notice, some of which you may not.

Things that get worse with scaling:

- AI pit strategy
- Effect of tyre wear on AI
- AI fuel management etc

Races just generally play out a lot more realistic and with less issues on 100%, for me its really the only way to play the game but for many it's probably too much of a time sink (although I think you can save mid race now ?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom