Factorio on steam

Associate
fergie128;30499398 said:
I've done that quite a few times. I abandon my current setup and start fresh on another area of the map. Means I can keep my research level and have another go at doing it right :D

I've been at my desk most of the afternoon pondering what the ideal loadout would be for striking out into the unknown to start afresh...

Man of Honour
thats what im about to do, got tank and cannon fairly early, cleared out a large area, havent been attacked once at the base, although till have laser turrets. im producing most things in factories, including robots, but damn is it a mess. need to go find a new area and set up, just about to get missile silos, never got that far before.

planning to load up tank and blue prints and try and make a neat and efficient bas.

need far more mines and furnaces.

Soldato
hDnX3iQ.png

:D

Racked up a few more hours last night between things. Probably the most addictive game I've ever played.
Most accurate Meme ive ever seen...
I've had this for a loooong time, I had it as a standalone game ages ago and more lately soon after it was released on steam, but i never actually put any effort into playing it, it was destined to live its life gathering dust in my ever growing pile of unplayed games, until yesterday morning that was, must have started playing about lunchtime, didnt switch the game off till about 3:30am, albeit i did spend a few hours in between doing other things with the game running gathering resources.
I'm utterly hooked now though.

Soldato
Yeh when I got it I thought I'd only get the demo to try it out, mates convinced me to just get the full game and jump in a MP server with them reminding me that I can just steam refund if I don't like it...
292 hours later.... :D

Soldato
Yeh when I got it I thought I'd only get the demo to try it out, mates convinced me to just get the full game and jump in a MP server with them reminding me that I can just steam refund if I don't like it...
292 hours later.... :D

Haha, same as me, my brother has been hassling me to play it for ages, finally gave in last Sunday afternoon as him and a couple of mates were setting up a new multiplayer map... only stopped playing when we realised it was 4am on Monday!

Soldato
i looked at this before getting anno 2205, looked too busy and old graphic style(dont know the age of the game), i like building management games, but this looks too cluttered.

Soldato
You can be as cluttered or neat as you want it to be, thats entirely down to how you build your automation processes, personally i've not quite mastered it yet, i'm still just winging it so my builds tend to me an absolute spaghetti junction.

Soldato
i looked at this before getting anno 2205, looked too busy and old graphic style(dont know the age of the game), i like building management games, but this looks too cluttered.
The clutter adds to the gameplay (if you want it to) - can make things nice and challenging if you don't want to spread out everything. It is pretty retro in the graphics department, but with the new sprites coming in 15 it's gonna have plenty of detail.

Soldato
downloaded the demo from the link above, its okay, instructions are not very clear or any at all in some cases, bit of an annoying grind at the beginning, but its figuring out what to do, also without looking p the controls, didnt seem to tell me how to use the gun, so i died twice before i couldnt be bothered lol.. seems like im playing a different version of constructor.

Associate
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Played hundreds of hours with a few friends previously. Definitely interested if anyone else sets up a MP server.
If no-one else does Ill fire up a .15 server when its out and post password here. Not played since .13 hoping to be able to have a bash at .15 if time allows.

Back
Top Bottom