Factorio on steam

Soldato
Can't zoom out anymore :D

factorio_zpsceefhoos.png

dal

dal

Associate
200 hours in to my current factory and I am launching rockets at a rate of 1 every 13 mins....MUST DO BETTER!

This is one of the best and most addictive games I've ever played.

I thought once you launched a rocket you had completed It, and your right it is very addictive

Associate
I gather one rocket per minute (1 RPM) is the first end-end game goal; followed by the totally bonkers 1 RPS (by which time your CPU will have melted itself).

Soldato
I have enough resources I would assume to start launching rockets at a fair rate, I got mine away in around 30 hrs I think on this play through but I'm really struggling to see a point... Currently I'm optimising my oil setup ready for full scale battery/plastic and lubricant production and then I guess more mods :D

Associate
More mods or set yourself challenges.

I always find myself trying to make my factory neater/more organised. Eventually to get the scale you want you start using remote sub-factories, connected by rails. Then your need to optimise the rail network...

Associate
Yeah agreed - I rushed to setup a rail network the first time I played however its 100% not necessary. They should probably add more reasons to use rail - may be faster inserters for trains only?

Soldato
To get resources in quickly on a train is so much more difficult than running blue belts... All be it using that much lubricant creates a huge bottleneck with tool much petroleum I have found.

As for the inserters Vader, just get logistics setup as quickly as possible and inserters are almost irrelevant.

Soldato
I have level 3 underground pipes so I just pipe everything in... Admittedly I am struggling with flow, you say it's better to barrel it up on site and train it in?

Pipe can be ok early game or if the oil is relatively close. But you'll need pumps in parallel to keep the oil running over a certain distance with the way the fluid dynamics work. You'll also need to protect the pipelines from biters which can be a nuisance too.

I'm a big fan of using barrels of oil via trains, it scales nicely as you expand the map plus working with trains is good fun. Until really late game trains will run straight over any biters in the way too so providing the base and any oil outpost is defended you don't really risk losing any oil between the 2.

Man of Honour
mods, are there any people recommend?

also i cant find this anywhere, assuming you got electric furnaces pumping out at full seed(iron or copper plate), how many do you need to saturate one side of red belt.

Associate
Glaucus;30490018 said:
mods, are there any people recommend?

also i cant find this anywhere, assuming you got electric furnaces pumping out at full seed(iron or copper plate), how many do you need to saturate one side of red belt.

Haven't played in few months but Bobs mods were the best,

Associate
jaws104;30491473 said:
Haven't played in few months but Bobs mods were the best,

You mean you started playing Factorio then stopped playing Factorio?

How did you manage that?!

Actually I launched my first rocket last night, then had a sudden loss of direction. Might install an infinite resource mod and start a completely new factory a few miles away, leaving my existing one as a static relic :)

Back
Top Bottom