Factorio on steam

Associate
I'm currently at the campaign scenario where you
start harvesting oil, I need to make plastic and then the plane.
Spoilered that in case anyone doesn't want to know what is in the later campaign.

I have a question, I can set up a conveyor and inserters to take ammo from my manufacturing plants and feed my turrets. However they only feed the turret till it has 10 ammo, and the turrets can hold 100. Is there a setting to make the inserters fill the turrets to maximum instead of just 10. I'm getting attacked to the point that 10 ammo is gone very quickly. Imagine the scene from the Aliens Directors cut with the sentry guns, in my scenario that scene lasts just seconds before each turret is out lol.

Even had to restart the scenario and set up the ammo production earlier on :eek:

Associate
Not that I'm aware of, think the best way to do it is to just keep the belt full of ammo so it can continually get loaded (you may need a faster inserter to keep up I guess, but not certain)

Shame, got them all on fast belts and fast inserters, but some of the later ramped up waves of aliens are just too overwhelming. Don't want to google how to do this mission, so will keep trying options. Thanks PinkFloyd

Associate
Laser turrets :D
I have 4.7k of them and 350MW of solar panels!

That's the goal I'm trying to get to however (spoilering in case it gives some of the scenario away to those who aren't there yet)
Laser turrets need plastic, which involves progressing the refineries and drills, which prompts the increased hardness of the alien waves. As soon as I add a bit to my oil production etc. it seems to initiate a wave of aliens far more bullet spongey than before. This drains all of my turrets and I get killed. :(
I plan to load up all my turrets with 100 ammo each and a full conveyor before trying to manufacture plastic in this replay of the scenario :cool:

Soldato
Nah you can fire pure crude oil. Light Oil just does a little more damage. I'd only fire dark/petro as a last resort.

Being able to shoot crude is great, remote oil rig areas have basically unlimited flamethrower ammo - which saves any need to get ammo over there.

Soldato
You can't have too much overkill :D
Factorio_zpsr09ulv5q.png

Associate
Are those floor colours using a mod or have I somehow missed the ability to have coloured concrete?

I'm gonna need a lot of it as I'm doing a peaceful mega factory going after the volume achievements.

Associate
Nah you can fire pure crude oil. Light Oil just does a little more damage. I'd only fire dark/petro as a last resort.

Being able to shoot crude is great, remote oil rig areas have basically unlimited flamethrower ammo - which saves any need to get ammo over there.

Nice one, thanks. This playthrough of the mission is going much better.
Finding the shipwreck in the south east helped as there are around 8 laser turrets in there :rolleyes: but I now have a couple of flame turrets pointed towards the main influx of aliens. Was getting late so haven't even seen them in action yet and need to create a funnel, can't wait. KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!! :D

Man of Honour
anyone still playing this?

is there a way to start with limited trees on the map, or can you automate their destruction. they're doing my head in.

also whats the perfect ratio for feeding 12 blue research plants?
in fact is there a list of ratios somewhere? also trying to automate level 2 effeceincy modulus and i'm not getting enough components into it.

Man of Honour
Thanks tank is great to destroy trees,

now trying to automate level 2 efficiency modules, god it requires a lot, and that's only to produce 0.05 per second.

282qf5k.jpg

Soldato
OP
anyone still playing this?

is there a way to start with limited trees on the map, or can you automate their destruction. they're doing my head in.

also whats the perfect ratio for feeding 12 blue research plants?
in fact is there a list of ratios somewhere? also trying to automate level 2 effeceincy modulus and i'm not getting enough components into it.

YES

and for the tree you can deconstruct them with bots (redprint) use a tank, burn them, shoot them with AP rounds, use steel axe to cut faster than an iron axe OR use a poison capsule :)

as for blue science I can't tell you exact ratio but for filter inserters you only need about 2 assemblers being well fed and for Batteries, Red Circuits, Steel just as many as possible of each as they are used for many other things

Back
Top Bottom