• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fallout 4 CPU benchmark thread(need some Zen3 and Zen4 results!)

My brother just got a new 3060ti and was kind enough to let me throw it in my system and retest my setup with an nvidia card so im back with some new results.

Corvega 11674 calls - 101.4 fps
Diamond City 8045 calls - 110.5 fps

Its the same setup as before only the RAM is at stock timings so 3600mhz cl16

its a nice bump up from my 5700xt scores but i must admit i was expecting it to be higher, not sure why im still so low compared to fish and madcap's results on Diamond City

happy to share screenshots of these most recent scores only the forums dont seem to want to accept imgur links

whenever i try and use the insert image button i get an error 'image cannot be loaded from the passed link' but it didnt occur to my dumb ass that i could also just paste in the links to the text post

im really not sure what sets my machine apart from other 5800x3d results, Game on NVMe, i think my ram is quad rank? in the Nvid result it was running at CL16 but so is madcap's result

if anyone has any ideas i would be curious to hear them cause im scratching my head here

So i decided to try out the saves on my 5700xt with DXVK and the results were interesting

Corvega is at 97.5 with 11791 calls

and Diamond City went all the way up to 121.9 with 7995 calls

maybe the amount of cores or clockspeed matters more than i thought with ampere?
im planning on buying a 4080 or 4070 whenever they come out too so i'll test the next generation too

R5 3600 (stock)
2x8GB DDR4 3733MHZ 16-16-16-32-48
GTX 1070 Ti

1080P low settings, high shadows/ Maxed all distance sliders -

First Save (Corvega)
Draw Calls: 11725
FPS: 64.4fps

Second Save (Diamond City)
Draw Calls: 8056
FPS: 78.2fps

Are you referring to the Inis or in game settings?

I used the guide with the ENB, saves and both inis.

Screenshots are included in the Anandtech thread, latest post.
The resolution setting needs to be 640X480 IIRC for it to be fully CPU bound.

When I ran it,I just reduced the desktop resolution temporarily to make it easier for me.

Here are the screenshots:
Setup.png
Diamond.png
Corvega.png

Sorry guys you were right I didn't have it setup right. I redid everything and now it looks all low resolution like yours.

I initially ran it using the 6900 XT and got bad results, switched to the 3090 and results improved significantly.

5800X3D @100.8 BCLK
2x16GB Trident Royal 4400Mhz CL17 running at 14-15-12-14-40
3090 FE
Aida 64 NS 54.2

ZPw1YIj.jpg
I can most likely improve on these scores, so I may well run this again in the future depending on how my overclock tuning goes.

How about some zen 4 result in here.....

Here are the screenshots:
And here is your score added to the table (which really is getting far too long to attach as an image, but adding as a vbullten table would take forever each time):
rrgce6R.png
There isn't much in it, but yours is the best scoring Zen2 CPU in the list.
How about some zen 4 result in here.....
What about those Zen4 results. I haven't been following who has actually bought Zen4 here and after reading the Is Overclocking dead in 7000 series? thread I think @LtMatt isn't actually a Zen4 owner, but woppy101 is.

So how about it, @woppy101 are you up for benching Fallout 4 for us in this thread? @CAT-THE-FIFTH has provided all the instructions in post #1 (although some of those do involve going to MajinCry's Anandtech original FO4 threads).

And here is your score added to the table (which really is getting far too long to attach as an image, but adding as a vbullten table would take forever each time):
rrgce6R.png
There isn't much in it, but yours is the best scoring Zen2 CPU in the list.

What about those Zen4 results. I haven't been following who has actually bought Zen4 here and after reading the Is Overclocking dead in 7000 series? thread I think @LtMatt isn't actually a Zen4 owner, but woppy101 is.

So how about it, @woppy101 are you up for benching Fallout 4 for us in this thread? @CAT-THE-FIFTH has provided all the instructions in post #1 (although some of those do involve going to MajinCry's Anandtech original FO4 threads).
I will have a look and if I have time absolutely no bother

Hi all, was lurking here for a while, thought I'd contribute with my new 13600K. It's all stock currently with 2x16GB Kingston 3600MHz CL16 DDR4 and nVidia 3080 10GB.

20221107151231-1.jpg

20221107151113-1.jpg
Thanks,
that places you at #15 just between a 12600K @ 5GHz and a 5800X3D @ stock: DcKdlDN.png
(if this table gets any bigger I will have to put in a spoiler - or figure out how to paste it as a HTML table although I suspect that would lose me the colours - which have become a bit strong anyhow).
Still waiting for someone with Zen4 and RPL with extreme DDR5 memory tuning.

A small update with a mild overclock...
13600K @5.6GHz
2x16GB DDR4 CL16 @3800MHz

To be honest I expected a bit more, my very average RAM is probably holding me back. I didn't really properly stress test this so it might be unstable, I just wanted to see how it scales.

20221107183605-1.jpg

20221107190018-1.jpg

Last edited:
A small update with a mild overclock...
13600K @5.6GHz
2x16GB DDR4 CL16 @3800MHz

To be honest I expected a bit more, my very average RAM is probably holding me back. I didn't really properly stress test this so it might be unstable, I just wanted to see how it scales.
Here you go
ffUEQ2d.png
So that has improved your position by 2/3 places.

As for how it scales, well with the same CPU memory seems to favour the town scene more judging from @Robert896r1 scores for instance the score in rank#019 vs rank #011. Same clock speed but while S1 gains 4.7%, S2 gains 112.7%.

While we cannot prove anything from that, S1 is more drawcall, while S2 is drawcall plus AI. So maybe the AI thread (note the singular!) really appreciates the memory speed more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom