Far Cry 4 due this November

Soldato
I've run the patch all seems well graphically except the Melee key doesn't work when riding elephants, walking up to a vehicle & pressing melee usually flings the car over but now nothing :confused: changing to a different key makes no difference either

Associate
Must say that I think this game is really awesome and some of the campaign missions are really well scripted.

I would rate it as better than Far Cry 3 even though it's essentially the same game.

The extra's like the mini choppers are really enjoyable.

Soldato
Must say that I think this game is really awesome and some of the campaign missions are really well scripted.

I would rate it as better than Far Cry 3 even though it's essentially the same game.

Being the same just with extras to FC3 is actually a good thing. FC3 was fantastic. So thats good to hear.

I'm waiting a little for them to patch the game.

Associate
780ti, latest patch n drivers. Still getting really dark shadows. Is anyone else getting this problem or got a temporary fix. I've googled it but it just comes up as an SLI problem or that it has been fixed in patch 1.5 but I just have the one card and I still got the problem.

Soldato

The game is a huge step up from FC3, being able to ride an Elephant as a battering ram has to be unique in any game afaik, I still have FC3 loaded & was playing it right up till the launch of FC4 & I guess I'll replay this over & over, I'm halfway through again after reactivating the outposts, it was a bit easy first time simply because of using the buzzer & grenade launcher so replaying it on hard difficulty & without the buzzer overhead & it's a lot more of a challenge

Associate
Patch 1.5 really has improved this for me. Stuttering non existent now, though not tried to see if SLI has been fixed. Now on GTX970 getting 65 - 100 fps with ultra settings or around 55 - 70 with 2 x TXAA though I'm not convinced it looks any better than SMAA.

Much smoother game now and I feel compelled to play it again to get a much better experience. Certainly took a while to get there but this is a pretty damn good patch.

Soldato
If my pc played farcry 3 well, is farcry 4 a big step up in hardware needed ? and should I get it ?

FC3 is a better shooter, FC4 has too many animals/bandits attacking you, i got so fed up with it that i deleted the game......even the damned birds attack you.

everywhere you walk you hear screaming and gunfire, Wolves, bears and eagles attacking you

it is not a game for strolling around enjoying the view like FC3, Nature is random and unpredictable, (the vegetation and the lifeforms), but FC4 has got it totally wrong, it's too much of everything all around you.

it's a lazy careless shooter and it's bugged to hell...in comparison, FC3 is one of the best there is.

but to be totally honest, FC3 is a bit too boring, what's gone wrong is you have tiny enemy camps that need liberating and that's it, the 1st game had it right because if you remember it well, you spent a lot of time inside buildings and underground in bunkers/ caves/ science facilities etc.

FC1 is the best, but sadly looks extremely old nowadays

Last edited:
Soldato
FC3 is a better shooter, FC4 has too many animals/bandits attacking you, i got so fed up with it that i deleted the game......even the damned birds attack you.

everywhere you walk you hear screaming and gunfire, Wolves, bears and eagles attacking you

it is not a game for strolling around enjoying the view like FC3, Nature is random and unpredictable, (the vegetation and the lifeforms), but FC4 has got it totally wrong, it's too much of everything all around you.

it's a lazy careless shooter and it's bugged to hell...in comparison, FC3 is one of the best there is.

but to be totally honest, FC3 is a bit too boring, what's gone wrong is you have tiny enemy camps that need liberating and that's it, the 1st game had it right because if you remember it well, you spent a lot of time inside buildings and underground in bunkers/ caves/ science facilities etc.

FC1 is the best, but sadly looks extremely old nowadays

I think the opposite, you can enjoy the view from the air, just gliding along looking down at the living breathing world, the animal attacks don't bother me at all & I rarely get killed now I've learned what to do which is run backwards whilst shooting. Animals make the game so unique, where else can you ride an Elephant & ram cars & flip them into the river, drop bait in front of a Crocodile & watch the Croc grab whatever animal runs up to get it.
You can usually tell what animals are nearby because you hear the squawk or growl & you can usually shoot the Eagles as they fly off you, they really do attack animals & people in the Himalayas & paragliders have even been attacked in mid air.
I think without the attacks the game would soon become tiresome as nothing much would happen,particularly when the outposts have all been captured, perhaps a slider could have been incorporated to adjust the amount of animals.

Soldato
no, Bengal tigers/ Snow Leopards are extremely rare and all the rest of them would hardly ever attack you. have you considered that there are so many of them attacking you, because without them the game would be way too boring..........i think it goes like this ``FC3 was a bit boring Boss, ok increase the animal attacks``

Solution :- make the game interesting like FC1 and reduce its Open World nature, you need to be directed along a semi-linear path, this means far less side missions........... because roaming around freely is just boring yourself the longer you do it, you need focus and direction......Metro last light is a good example of this, it's linear with a few areas off to the side.

if you think what he does in the main story, he actually does sod all, because all he does is liberate radio towers/ camps/ crafts sacks out of animal skins........and then has a very short mission hunting down and killing the gay Fag in a pink suit!

Far Cry 4 has the best shooting mechanics of any game, the guns are perfect and kill just right, but everything else is really Lazy, it's a quick remake using everything from FC3 as its base.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems that the -skipintro works again on 1.6.0. I've just tried it and it worked for me. I was researching a very annoying save bug I've just started to get. I was fed up with the game crashing on me so I started to save the game manually after I'd made a bit of progress. I've just had two instances of the game freezing in the menu when I do a manual save. I have to end the game in Task Manager and then uPlay moans about not being able to synchronise the cloud saves.

For such a good game, it is sure getting annoying having to deal with all these crashes and bugs.

Soldato
Got this today as a present and installed it however when loading in the game it's just sat with a full loading bar cycling through hints and tips (Not even got to an ingame menu), anyone else had this issue? :(

Soldato
It only downloaded one patch.

presumably each patch combines the previous, the latest is 1.6 & shows at the bottom of the screen where you select options etc but i guess you haven't reached that part yet. It's possible the patch borked your game so if you reinstall don't download it but select 'play offline' on the Ubisoft patch screen. if the game then loads properly you can decide whether to add the patch which might work properly next time

Back
Top Bottom