Far Cry 6

Soldato
Still downloading on my futuristic 2MB/s line...... but was wondering how performance will be in general using a 6950XT and 5800X, Soon to be 5800X3D, Going to be using the high res texture pack, Will I be able to crank the settings at ultrawide resolutions ?

Soldato
Soldato
Still downloading on my futuristic 2MB/s line...... but was wondering how performance will be in general using a 6950XT and 5800X, Soon to be 5800X3D, Going to be using the high res texture pack, Will I be able to crank the settings at ultrawide resolutions ?
I tried the HD pack on my 3060 ti and the game ran like a dog... removed the pack and its been great with settings up high ever since. You definitely need a card with 12GB or more.

Soldato
I tried the HD pack on my 3060 ti and the game ran like a dog... removed the pack and its been great with settings up high ever since. You definitely need a card with 12GB or more.
I just starting playing it yesterday with my 3080 10gb and at 1440p with HD textures, RT and ultra graphics it's been fine so far. Highest I've seen VRAM go was 9.6gb so you'd likely want a card with more VRAM or relaxed setting if playing above 1440p.

Soldato
I literally had my first bit of in-game lag during a defence of a hotel sequence, quite late in the campaign I think... there was a hell of a lot going on tbf, at least three choppers and tank at the same time :cry:

Everything on Ultra.

Associate
anyone else have to change the anti-aliasing settings on far cry games? i remember needing to do this on fc 5 too , basically using TAA makes everything have a blur to it which gets more blurry when you move
its not an issue with my pc either because i have a whole new system

maybe its a monitor issue and finally time to upgrade from 1080p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Had them before (Origin too), both were notorious for forgetting you and you had to sign in again, especially after a major app update lol.

Last edited:
Associate
I used to hate Uplay too but haven't had a problem with it for four years now. It doesn't bother me at all, although I only really install it and use it to play 3 games (The Division, Far Cry 5 & 6).

Back
Top Bottom