Female graduates freezing eggs over a lack of educated men

Soldato
That may be the case with some degrees, but if you've never done one yourself, don't you think its a bit of a blanket statement to assume they are all easy? I have a degree in history, and I by no means found it easy - quite the opposite.

And as for being successful in life - do you think that's the only reason one should pursue a degree? When I left school, I had no real idea of what sort of career I wanted to pursue, yet I loved history and I am lucky enough to live in a country where university education is relatively accessible for all. I wanted to pursue educating myself further in my favourite subject, and that for me, was enough of an incentive. I am now in a career which is unrelated to history, yet the skills that studying history to a degree level taught me certainly helped my career trajectory - but even if that wasn't the case, I still see it as a worthwhile achievement, personally.

I didn't mean all and I didn't say all, I just sid you can get a degree quite easy these days. I know quite a few people who barley put any work, weren't very academic and still come out with something in the end. I'm not questioning anybodies choice to get to university or whether it's worth for some people, but just getting a degree ins't that impressive these days.

V F

V F

Soldato
Suprised I have lived this long tbh :p

LOL! Is this why they want designer babies? You know, the way it is today with such a fake world through dating sites, Facebook and all, I'm dreading how screwed up society will really become.

Soldato
so you open with disagreeing that media can influence a child, and then instantly cite an example of media influening children.

Maybe i'm failing to explain. My Little Pony and its collection of entertainment is not a deciding factor on a girls educational attainment path. As it is seen as a cartoon, entertainment, not relate able to real life.

The X-Files isn't watched by children and is more relate able then a cartoon.

So my point is, consuming and playing with gender stereotypical toys is not a deciding factor unless the parents aren't exposing them to other aspects.

V F

V F

Soldato
Maybe i'm failing to explain. My Little Pony and its collection of entertainment is not a deciding factor on a girls educational attainment path. As it is seen as a cartoon, entertainment, not relate able to real life.

The X-Files isn't watched by children and is more relate able then a cartoon.

So my point is, consuming and playing with gender stereotypical toys is not a deciding factor unless the parents aren't exposing them to other aspects.

My cousins 3 year old daughter was up yesterday, she said pink is for girls. Blue is for boys and she likes it that way. I was quite surprised she was 3 as she talks so precise that made me think she was 5.

Soldato

i never said it was a deciding factor on its own, just that it was a factor, and in the abscence of any admission barriers to STEM subjects for women it goes without saying that there's something else there.

you can't say that media doesn't influence people and that it does in the same breath, and the last time i checked cartoons and other kids tv shows (at least the ones that are more intellectual than the tellytubbies or the clangers) tend to have plot-lines to teach important lessons to children (the common themes obviously being inclusive to others, bullying is wrong etc etc)

the same goes for toys, giving a child a toy baby is teaching them that their expected role in life is to raise a child, give them a barbie doll to teach them their expected role is to be pretty, give a child lego it teaches them their expected role in life is to build things.

how is this not influencing them? especially given parents arent exposing them sufficiently to other aspects of roles.

Soldato
you can't say that media doesn't influence people and that it does in the same breath, and the last time i checked cartoons and other kids tv shows (at least the ones that are more intellectual than the tellytubbies or the clangers) tend to have plot-lines to teach important lessons to children (the common themes obviously being inclusive to others, bullying is wrong etc etc)

I just don't agree that Jane decided to be a hair dresser, instead of an engineer, because she watched an episode of My Little Pony which was about cutting hair and not building machines.

Soldato
I just don't agree that Jane decided to be a hair dresser, instead of an engineer, because she watched an episode of My Little Pony which was about cutting hair.

there's a cutoff point, when the children are old enough to distinguish between tv and reality, but if you fully immerse a child in the trappings of one gender stereotype before they're old enough to make that distinction it'll stick.

jane didn't just watch one epidode of my little pony, it was years of my little pony, barbie dolls, and being given the impression engineering is a job for boys.

Soldato
there's a cutoff point, when the children are old enough to distinguish between tv and reality

Right, which was what i was trying to get at. The Scully Effect encouraged A-Level aged girls to take up a STEM subject and i bet you they (Girls in the 90s) consumed more gender stereotypical material then our current children do.

So that would (IMO) indicate that what a child is exposed to at the early years (Pre secondary school) is mostly irrelevant with how they turn out. So as such a girl that is obsessed with my little pony and dolls, doesn't mean she will end up doing a gender stereotypical role, it means that when a girl is at that "sweet spot" age, the parents need to encourage STEM subjects like they do with boys.

Thug
Soldato
Just another symptom of a ****** up society.

We've lost even the basics of breeding haha haha haha haha.

Then again I guess we can't all be perfectly good looking, high earning, slightly multi cultural people that most advertising pushes as normal...

Soldato
re: @Tosno didn't he marry a nice young girl from Russia? I reckon he's likely to be hated by some of these women!

Yes I did uncle dowie, will be married 3 years this year. Mrs Tosno was educated in the same naval engineering college in St-Petersburg as Yevgeny Zamyatin and a qualified interpreter that worked in the EU parliament. Luckily she wasn't infected with cultural marxism/feminism as the women in the article are and got married to an uneducated right wing pleb like myself :)

Last edited:
Soldato
To my mind, the issue is that the typical "Smart, well educated" Man (IE Uni+IQ140+) has rather different priorities in life than the typical career woman and therefore finds such women really rather unattractive. :/

V F

V F

Soldato
there's a cutoff point, when the children are old enough to distinguish between tv and reality, but if you fully immerse a child in the trappings of one gender stereotype before they're old enough to make that distinction it'll stick.

jane didn't just watch one epidode of my little pony, it was years of my little pony, barbie dolls, and being given the impression engineering is a job for boys.

Heh, what does that say about some adults?

Caporegime
Yes I did uncle dowie, will be married 3 years this year. Mrs Tosno was educated in the same naval engineering college in St-Petersburg as Yevgeny Zamyatin and a qualified interpreter that worked in the EU parliament. Luckily she wasn't infected with cultural marxism/feminism as the women in the article are and got married to an uneducated right wing pleb like myself :)

ah both highly educated and unspoiled by feminism, sounds like a winner - no doubt she was won over by alpha qualities :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
This is no different to women wanting men taller than them. Except this has a degree of rationality about it.

I wouldn't be happy impregnating a dumb blonde from a makeup department. (I'm sure I would've enjoyed the process though)

Back
Top Bottom