• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Soldato
DLSS should be showing less shimmer and aliasing compared to native in cp2077. Gamers nexus etc. all noted this along with better temporal stability and that was with older versions too. Make sure you have CA, motion blur etc. effects turned off. If you aren't impressed with dlss in it then chances are you defo won't be with fsr 2 either.

Seems FSR 2 has some bad ghosting in FS, almost dlss v1.0/2.0 levels of bad:

Yeah I'm not sure what's up so far it's one of the worst dlss implementations I've tested. I'm trying to play with rayvtracing on a 1440 screen and it requires dlss to get the performance over 60fps but even on dlss quality there is aliasing and shimmering along edges and when I disable dlss all of that goes away so now I'm just playing at native but with Ray tracing off

Associate
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/god-of-war-fsr-2-vs-fsr-1-vs-dlss/

Speaking of overall image quality and performance, compared to FSR 1.0, FSR 2.0 provides a decent upgrade in image quality at a slight performance cost and adds the ability to tweak sharpening filter values, which wasn't an option with FSR 1.0. Only the temporal instability is a downside of the FSR 2.0 implementation in this game. While DLSS vs. FSR was very close in terms of image quality in Deathloop and Farming Simulator 200, in God of War, FSR 2.0 is clearly falling behind DLSS, but it's still a very decent upgrade over FSR 1.0. The DLSS and FSR 2.0 performance uplift at 4K is a great improvement to the game even in Quality mode, but going down to 1440p and 1080p resolutions, the DLSS and FSR 2.0 performance increase is less impressive as it will boost performance by only around 10%, or even less at 1080p.

Associate
AMD’s open-source FSR 2.0 games list has now grown to 19 titles.
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fid...be-available-in-19-games-new-titles-announced
1254346512.png

+God of War, Dealthloop and Farming Simulator 22

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
eve online getting fsr 2.0 Oo

iv played it on my 1070 maxed out at 4k, so not sure what they are aiming for with it, does it work with igp's i wonder.

Caporegime
Very disappointing show of FSR 2 games. This is why AMD have a hard time of winning back market share because they are way too late and then show up with tech that isn't as good and don't get their tech in games that "need" it or that people "want" to play....

What happened to this supposedly being very quick and easy to implement (the biggest pro that everyone kept going on about with FSR) especially if games already had dlss added? Is this just because amd have done what they usually do, throw it over the fence to developers and go do as you please?

Sniper elite 5 is a game that badly needs FSR 2, the shimmering is extremely noticeable and immersion breaking for me, probably the worst game I have played in last couple of years for it. I think this is AMD sponsored too so the chance of seeing dlss/dlaa is zero.

Soldato
Must be raining inside, our nexus can fair gurn about a FREE feature he didn't even have to buy into.:cry:

On a more serious note, getting the laptop ready, installed W11 and loading up some games for hols, GOW running FSR 2@1080p quality rather than 720p native with lower settings, I'll take that all day long.

Caporegime
Must be raining inside, our nexus can fair gurn about a FREE feature he didn't even have to buy into.:cry:

On a more serious note, getting the laptop ready, installed W11 and loading up some games for hols, GOW running FSR 2@1080p quality rather than 720p native with lower settings, I'll take that all day long.
What makes it "free" compared to dlss or intels upscaler? AMD charge in same bracket as competing nvidia cards. As I said before and posted by various people, people would be happy to pay a premium for a better experience and getting a good experience "now", not in 1-2 or even more years time.....

It's just frustrating as it seems to be another case of all talk from amd and come the time, it's a wet fart imo and there are a couple of games where I would like to play with FSR 2 "now" as FSR 1 is pure **** but sadly based on current speed of FSR 2 implementation, it is probably a good couple or even several months away, if at all thus by that time, said game will have been forgotten and I'll be playing something else.

Someone on amds reddit has done several comparisons of god of war and FSR 2 is pretty poor in that.

If you're on non nvidia hardware, then of course, you'll be happy given there is no way of using anything else.... but I know for a fact if I was an AMD owner right now, I would be a bit miffed at the "current" showing after all this time. If people are happy with waiting or/and don't care, that's fine but not everyone is in the same boat.

Soldato
What makes it "free" compared to dlss or intels upscaler? AMD charge in same bracket as competing nvidia cards.
Dlss has a buy in cost, you need to buy an RTX gpu.

How much did you pay AMD to run FSR?

My Nv laptop can run FSR titles for FREE, Nvidia/GFE would rather you played potato settings on GOW, Deathloop, FC6 and the rest rather than turn on FSR/2. :cry:

FSR has zero buy in, it works on existing hardware, it works on Nv, Intel- you didn't buy any extra hardware/buy a new laptop for the use of it-its FREE!

Caporegime
Dlss has a buy in cost, you need to buy an RTX gpu.

How much did you pay AMD to run FSR?

My Nv laptop can run FSR titles for FREE, Nvidia/GFE would rather you played potato settings on GOW, Deathloop, FC6 and the rest rather than turn on FSR/2. :cry:

FSR has zero buy in, it works on existing hardware, it works on Nv, Intel- you didn't buy any extra hardware/buy a new laptop for the use of it-its FREE!
In the "current" market, are you saying the only reason people buy nvidia gpus is purely for dlss and nothing else? As that is the only way it would classify as a "buy in cost" in todays market.... The only way I would agree with that was back when turing launched and dlss was the main selling point for turing where people did buy "solely" for the dlss feature and nothing else. "Now", things like DLSS, nvenc encoder, reflex, NIS etc. are all just bonuses when buying a nvidia card.

MSRP of 6800xt is £600 and 3080 is £650, depending on what you value and if you consider the extra £50 premium to be the "buy in cost" for dlss, I think most would agree that the extra £50 is very much worth it.....

TBF, depending on the game using FSR 2, you might very well be better of turning down settings than using FSR 2....

Soldato
Does DLSS support have a buy in? YES

Does FSR support have a buy in? NO.

Disagreeing with the performance of a FREE feature is one thing, but then hit the forum with marketing spin and say DLSS is worth an extra £50:cry:, take the day off.:p

Caporegime
What a surprise, as per usual, putting a spin on certain key words to fit the agenda/narrative :rolleyes:

You're the one insinuating that people "only" buy nvidia cards for dlss and nothing else..... Again, re-read this point:

The only way I would agree with that was back when turing launched and dlss was the main selling point for turing where people did buy "solely" for the dlss feature and nothing else

People give of about those who go on about amd having bad drivers as living in the past yet the same happens with nvidia too it seems :cry:

Out of interest, I guess you consider "SAM" to also be a buy in then? Would you classify that as being worth extra if AMD added a slight premium on top of their hardware for its support?

Regardless of what you post to suit said narrative and getting back to the main point and topic at hand, you can't deny the following:

- FSR 2 uptake is slow as **** given amds own timing ETAs as shown in all their "PR" articles/talks

- FSR 2 is not in majority of games that either "need" it or that people "care" about, I suppose for budget/lesser rigs such as you expressed with your laptop example, then yes, it is a god send, however, being an enthusiast (what a surprise given the forum we're on) and having a good rig, it takes a lot more to impress me especially if amd want to win the likes of myself and others back next round of gpus.....

- FSR 2 results are rather disappointing given the length of time gamers (more so amd gamers) have been waiting for now, deathloop has been their poster boy for showing what FSR 2 can do and the results aren't quite there compared to their competitors feature, then when you look at other titles like FS, GOW, the results are even less impressive, it's almost like they spent so long purely on their showpiece i.e. deathloop that they forgot about other games....

Last edited:
Soldato
No I'm not, I'm saying you are gurning for the sake of gurning over a feature you didn't pay for.

I bought into Turing at launch for RTX then DLSS, aye that was amazing, **** RTX and even worse DLSS at that time.

Have you been using RTX/DLSS since launch when it was ****?

Associate
You're the one insinuating that people "only" buy nvidia cards for dlss and nothing else....
I didn't get that. He mentioned it had a buy in, not that it was a sole purchase reason.

Though I would disagree with him in that fsr doesn't have a buy in - I thought AMD developed it originally?

Soldato
I didn't get that. He mentioned it had a buy in, not that it was a sole purchase reason.

Though I would disagree with him in that fsr doesn't have a buy in - I thought AMD developed it originally?
You obviously had to originaly have bought hardware, the point is I didn't pay AMD a penny for 1060 FSR support, whereas I paid Nv for DLSS suport.

Last edited:
Associate
In the "current" market, are you saying the only reason people buy nvidia gpus is purely for dlss and nothing else? As that is the only way it would classify as a "buy in cost" in todays market.... The only way I would agree with that was back when turing launched and dlss was the main selling point for turing where people did buy "solely" for the dlss feature and nothing else. "Now", things like DLSS, nvenc encoder, reflex, NIS etc. are all just bonuses when buying a nvidia card.

MSRP of 6800xt is £600 and 3080 is £650, depending on what you value and if you consider the extra £50 premium to be the "buy in cost" for dlss, I think most would agree that the extra £50 is very much worth it.....

TBF, depending on the game using FSR 2, you might very well be better of turning down settings than using FSR 2....
That's not the correct comparison.

Somebody with, for example, a GTX1080 can continue to use that card with more recent games at playable framerates with FSR. On the other hand they have to buy a new Nvidia card to get DLSS. The comparison is between extending the life of what you have got (zero cost) vs replacing it (non-zero cost).

It's still a compromise, for sure, but AMD somewhat perversely have given people an option not to buy a graphics card. Unlike Nvidia who promote features that are solely designed to sell new Nvidia cards. Chances are that were the market positions reversed, AMD would be doing exactly the same as Nvidia. But they aren't.

Back
Top Bottom