Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Caporegime
So after being sceptical about this for ages due to the combat changes and lack of any knowledge when part 2 will launch and if it will carry over progress and how many parts it will be split into and what will be cut I bought it cheap off eBay (PS5 version) and I have to say so far (got to meet Tifa and just have Jessie waiting for me to be ready) I am quiet enjoying the ride.

Having strong nostalgia for the original I am still not 100% sold on the battle system (still getting used to it I think) but graphically it’s gorgeous and I am feeling like I’m really being pulled in again by the story and characters, in that aspect it is perfect.

Soldato
Does not work. Sony are blocking you from upgrading the PS+ version if you have at any point upgraded the PS4 version. Just Sony being Skumbags yet again.

Yup, still not working for me. I've tried a few different ways now and it always ends up with the PS5 upgrade being the disc verion.

Insanity.

I'm still putting off getting this, in my head it still feels like getting ripped off for part of a game.

You're getting part of a story, you're not getting part of a game.

It's like them splitting the Harry Potter finale in two. One of them isn't a half movie...

It's so fleshed out that I'm now glad that they did it this way.

Caporegime
i think my PS1 saves were like 97 or 99hrs and it has both weapons beaten and I have all the characters, materia and limit breaks. There was no achievements back then so it’s hard to track exact percentage but I had and used an official guide and pretty much got everything on every page. Even the loot from the cactus man which was random.

There was a lot of grinding though to level up, it was one of the few games I logged on just to do random encounters on the world map.

Expect a straight play through could easily be done at 80hrs.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think my PS1 saves were like 97 or 99hrs and it has both weapons beaten and I have all the characters, material and limit breaks. There was no achievements back then so it’s hard to track exact percentage but I had and used an official guide and pretty much got everything on every page. Even the loot from the cactus man which was random.

There was a lot of grinding though to level up, it was one of the few games I logged on just to do random encounters on the world map.

Expect a straight play through could easily be done at 80hrs.

I recall doing random encounters for 12h straight around the chocobo farm and grinding some worms so I could get the house in Costa Del Sol. Not a chance I'd do anything like that now.

Soldato
Think I spent around 44-50 hours with the remake and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it for the £29 that I paid for it. DLC also was pretty great. Thought the music was top notch as well hey ho.

Soldato
Yes i apologize if i wasnt clear. i thought saying it was 300hours long gave it a way hehe.

I dont think there is a single player game that is 300hours long or close? maybe??

I think white knight chronicles on PS3 was over 500 or more to plat.

Edit. Apparently not. Outside of an MMO you're probably right. Though WKC II has a completionist rating for 340h.

Last edited:
Associate
Na more like some garage music innit blud...

Sorry if I have a different taste to you regarding the music for a video game..

I was more commenting on the authenticity of a remake, I mean I personally think some of the dialogue and names are corny as hell but they can't just start changing it all to suit modern times.
the music has to have the original feel, it's not about personal music taste at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom