Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Associate
Recruit a friend requires you (well it said it does) to pay for 30 days gametime. This can be done anytime after activating the game, but note that the first 30 days that comes with the game isnt supposed to count.

However! Me and my partner bought the game only around a week or two ago and yesterday we received our recruitment rewards via the ingame (moogle) mail system. We have not yet paid for any game time other than that which we got included in our initial payment for the game activation keys. Hope this makes sense! :)

Associate
Im almost 50 on my first class, what is there to do around that level mark?

Also what is the easiest/quickest way to lvl up the crafting classes? Im 47 right now but like 10 on the armourer stuffs.

Associate
Do the recruit a friend codes work on trial accounts? Or will they only work when you upgrade to the full game. I ask because I can't see where to enter the code, but I'm currently only using the trial.

Should do i don't see why it wouldn't considering you need to add the code 1st before adding time card/sub

just Go to MogStation login then select service account then select Manage Service Options then it should be in there called Enter Recruitment Code that should do it you will have a bunch of options in that page and recruitment should be there.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Last edited:
Associate
There is no manage service options available under service account, the only option is upgrade to full account.

NM, I'll upgrade to full account later today :).

Associate
Recruitment code DUAQFGR6 used, thanks :D.

You can't use them on trial accounts it seems, the option only opened up for me once I upgraded to the full version.

Associate
Im almost 50 on my first class, what is there to do around that level mark?

Also what is the easiest/quickest way to lvl up the crafting classes? Im 47 right now but like 10 on the armourer stuffs.

Well i would focus on getting to 60 on your 1st class via story Quests and fill in with dungeon roulettes/fates/leves for any gaps in the story leveling process and leave crafting for max level

but the fastest way would be doing leves

This is a pretty good site to know what leve gives out the most EXP and where to pick it up from.
http://ffxivcrafting.com/levequests

A Small intro into crafting
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2fpvfy/sunday_megathread_090714_ask_your_gamerelated/ckc0ldk

Is this worth a look

What's the player base like, is it active

The player base is big 2nd to WOW around 4m registered account most prob 3mil + active accounts worlds feel full always see loads of players about.

And the game is great to boot and if your a final fantasy fan that is always a plus this game has come a long way.

In short very active.

Try out the trial and see how you feel nothing better then 1st hand experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't had too much time to play this (got to level 10 with a Marauder).

I'm still struggling with the map but am slowly managing to find my way around thanks to the link that Zerolimitz posted.

I've run out of game time but will be adding some when I get back from my holiday.

Anything I should be doing at level 10? :)

Soldato
I have played this a bit on ps4 ages ago but want to go to pc instead! If i buy the pc game that comes with 30days, will i be able to redeem those days on my current account or will that only work for new accounts playing for the first time? It all seems a bit unclear and there website is a joke!

Associate
I picked this up late last year as part of a deal with a friend. Got to say I'm really enjoying it. At level 45 with my archer/bard.

Love the way the class system works in this game, the story is interesting (if a bit weird in places). The combat system for me is miles ahead of wow and the dungeons are pretty fun, I think they are better for being 4 man instances compared to the 5 of others. So far everyone has been very friendly and understanding of a newbie, not to mention it downgrades you to the max cap of an instance so everyone no matter their level can join up with anyone assuming you meet the minimum.

Main complaint would just be the inventory, hard to manage plus I still have limited(no) idea what I need things for so just storing them up for when I decide to do some crafting.

Back
Top Bottom