Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Associate
Here is a Refer a friend code for anyone who wants it just let me know if you used it so i can cross it out : GDMTQK55 - 222XM9FM - H9NAWP4R - 44TYRYKH - X4SUVQPF - RSWBBVHC - AEAGKH5B - DUAQFGR6 - EDXS8976

These codes apply ONLY if you haven't added any game time to your account.

steps: Go to MogStation --> Manage Service Options --> Enter Recruitment Code

no need to flaff about with emails just copy and paste

if this gets enough attention i will add more codes.

Edit: This works for new and old players coming back.

Last edited:
Associate
Just picked up this game 2 days ago and im completely hooked!

Does anyone know if this game is cpu intensive at all? G3258 with a fairly decent gpu could handle it? Thinking of playing it in the front room

Associate
I have a second PC running an AMD X550 Black Edition (3.3GHz) paired with a Radeon 5850 and it barely manages it. However, I suspect the thing is flagging from being core unlocked and overclocked. The pentium should do much better until you hit a busy FATE or city square.

Soldato
Here is a Refer a friend code for anyone who wants it just let me know if you used it so i can cross it out : GDMTQK55 - 222XM9FM - H9NAWP4R

These codes apply ONLY if you haven't added any game time to your account.

steps: Go to MogStation --> Manage Service Options --> Enter Recruitment Code

no need to flaff about with emails just copy and paste

if this gets enough attention i will add more codes.

Edit: This works for new and old players coming back.

I used - GDMTQK55

Thanks.

I signed up and installed it but haven't played the game yet. I thought my free game time would start when I start the game/enter card details. I'm down to 21 days of free game time! Whoops.

Last edited:
Associate
I used - GDMTQK55

Thanks.

I signed up and installed it but haven't played the game yet. I thought my free game time would start when I start the game/enter card details. I'm down to 21 days of free game time! Whoops.

Your Welcome mate hope you enjoy the game.

btw when you get your feathers trade them in at the Calamity Salvager there should be one in each main city.

Was thinking of giving this game a try, does anyone have a refer a friend code i can use?

Will probably get it installed tomorrow.

Edit : 222XM9FM - X4SUVQPF - 44TYRYKH - H9NAWP4R - AEAGKH5B - DUAQFGR6 - EDXS8976 - These codes are still valid just let me know which you have used.

Last edited:
Associate
Took 44TYRYKH

Alrighty mate crossed it off.

What are these codes? what do i get out of it?

edit: nvm figured it out myself.

For anyone else that would like a bit more info on recruit a friend campaign

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

For a Quick recap on the rewards you get.

Friendship Circlet
Increases EXP earned by 20% when level 25 and below.

Aetheryte Ticket x 99
Players in possession of an aetheryte ticket when using Teleport will not incur a gil fee.

Aetheryte Pendulum
Teleport to the aetheryte closest to New Adventurers on your friend list free of charge.
* The Aetheryte Pendulum can be used for any New Adventurers on your friend list, even if you have not invited them via the Recruit a Friend campaign

Ballroom Etiquette - Improper Greetings
Using this will unlock a new emote.
Fist Bump (/fistbump, /brofist)

10 Silver Chocobo Feathers
Trade to the Calamity Salvager NPC for special items. The Calamity Salvager NPC can be found in Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, or Ul'dah.

These in-game rewards will be sent via moogle delivery service (ingame mail)

Please note these rewards will only be reward once you have added game time don't forget to use the code 1st before adding game time.

Three codes left will add more later

X4SUVQPF - 222XM9FM - RSWBBVHC - AEAGKH5B - DUAQFGR6 - EDXS8976

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got round to playing this for the first time tonight. I'm enjoying it. It feels like a proper Final Fantasy game in mmorpg form.

The only thing I'm struggling with is the map. I have to kill some small lamb and for the life of me I can't find them. I click on "find on map" and it opens what looks like some sort of world map with no indication as to where I am on it (or where the lamb are). I spent 45 minutes running around looking for these lambs and still didn't find them!

Associate
I finally got round to playing this for the first time tonight. I'm enjoying it. It feels like a proper Final Fantasy game in mmorpg form.

The only thing I'm struggling with is the map. I have to kill some small lamb and for the life of me I can't find them. I click on "find on map" and it opens what looks like some sort of world map with no indication as to where I am on it (or where the lamb are). I spent 45 minutes running around looking for these lambs and still didn't find them!

it should show up a red circle which shows the area they are in and if it opens the world map just click on the quest icon and it should zoom into the zone map and you will only see yourself in the zone map not the world map if that makes any sense? i suck at explaining things :p

Soldato
it should show up a red circle which shows the area they are in and if it opens the world map just click on the quest icon and it should zoom into the zone map and you will only see yourself in the zone map not the world map if that makes any sense? i suck at explaining things :p

What you're saying makes sense but I'm sure I pressed every button in the game and still couldn't figure it out. :p

I'll have another go tonight.

I'm on PS4 and tbh it's a bit of a pain navigating the GUI with a pad at the moment, I've shifted the map up slightly and don't know how to move it back. Haha.

Associate
What you're saying makes sense but I'm sure I pressed every button in the game and still couldn't figure it out. :p

I'll have another go tonight.

I'm on PS4 and tbh it's a bit of a pain navigating the GUI with a pad at the moment, I've shifted the map up slightly and don't know how to move it back. Haha.

This might be of some help mate :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM74zoiAqhk - Controlling the Map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lof8nKmlTH4 - targeting & crossbars tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZULf4nzeA0 - filters for easy targeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6eRzKrkjp8 - Controller Gamepad Tips & Setup

These are just a few guides/tips that i found for people who use a controller.

And here is another helpful link to Progression and Level Locked Content aka you will prob 100% miss a few of these ;)

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content - Highly suggest everyone use this guide unless you like missing out on content (minions/emotes/companions etc)

Last edited:
Associate
Do the recruit a friend codes work on trial accounts? Or will they only work when you upgrade to the full game. I ask because I can't see where to enter the code, but I'm currently only using the trial.

Back
Top Bottom