Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Soldato
It's pretty much unplayable for me due to text being so insanely small, is there no way of increasing dialogue size?

having the same issue, without moving to sit less then 6ft from the tv i cant read it, the whoe point of console gaming is enjoying sitting on the couch playing a game, i do have a chair i use to sit closer when playing online FPS multiplayer but not playing more relaxed games.

another issue this brings is that remote play using the vita with the current text is impossible which the idea a long playing session while the misses watches TV isnt going to happen on this game anyway.

havent had chance to get an opinion of the game yet but if this isnt fixed im out before it gets a full chance :(

Associate
Tried it for first time on PS4, epic intro and love the FF intro music. Game is bland just like any other MMORPG. Go here and kill 10 things then come back.... gave up reading what the characters say because they seem to talk in riddles and on about stuff I have no interest or knowledge about.

MMO's just aint my thing, real lifes to busy so will stick to COD etc. Frame rate suffers in places would be nice to see 60fps constant and gave up with the pad and plugged keyboard/mouse in after 20 min.

Feel like i'm doing a ****** job and not getting paid for it instead of a game.

Soldato
Tried it for first time on PS4, epic intro and love the FF intro music. Game is bland just like any other MMORPG. Go here and kill 10 things then come back.... gave up reading what the characters say because they seem to talk in riddles and on about stuff I have no interest or knowledge about.

MMO's just aint my thing, real lifes to busy so will stick to COD etc. Frame rate suffers in places would be nice to see 60fps constant and gave up with the pad and plugged keyboard/mouse in after 20 min.

Feel like i'm doing a ****** job and not getting paid for it instead of a game.

I've felt much the same about every MMO I've tried in the last few years, can't put my finger on why I found this one different but I really enjoyed what I played, even on the PS3.

I actually think it might be because of the controller/couch/big telly scenario, these games are ideal for just kicking back and relaxing with :)

Obviously they aren't for everyone. I would urge people not to dismiss the game because the text is too small, it's a daft oversight but an easy fix. Beta remember, tell them :)

Soldato
Had a quick look and have to admit that I'm not hugely impressed with how it looked. I forgave the ps3 version it's shabby look because it was an impressive achievement to get it running on the old machine at all, however draw distances have actually been cut back on the ps4 and the whole thing looks a bit "cheaper" :-/
Only been around Gridania so too early to judge I suppose, not gonna invest any time in the beta, will sub for a month when the final version comes out and carry on where I left off see how I feel about it then!

Soldato
I've gone back to the pc version with the xbox pad although my ideal would be pc version with ps4 pad including touchpad support. The ps4 version framerate is nowhere near where it needs to be and looks like a medium without fxaa in pc terms - The ground textures on ps4 are nasty and sub 20fps is very ugly.

On pc I'd love to play at 1600p but the text is too small even when made larger so I have to stick to 1920x1200 upscaled to fit my monitor with max text size. They just need a scaler bar low to high where you drag the size of all things up or down like wow.

Soldato
Will be definitely requiring a keyboard and mouse for this, to play it to it's full potential.

Targetting system is left to be desired!

Soldato
Been playing this for a few days now, currently lvl 17 pugilist/17 miner/12 goldsmith, as mentioned there is some targeting problems, though it seems to be more of a problem in fates where there's loads of enemies and friendly players, just like any mmo its a time sink can be a pain in the ass with gathering ings and gets boring quite quickly.

Associate
Will be definitely requiring a keyboard and mouse for this, to play it to it's full potential.

Targetting system is left to be desired!

It's a fairly standard tab-targeting system. Using filters, and left/right to target enemies works fine with controller. The -only- negative to controller usage is not being able to use as many abilities without switching hotbars, which is something you need to get used to.

/cleared all content, have had T5 on farm for 2 months now.

Soldato
Started this up the other day and not really sure what to make of it yet.
I've never played an MMO before, and I'm not really sure it's a genre that is for me.

But...is this game a good indication of the genre or is it a bad place to start?

I mean it's free so I'm going to give it a bash for a while longer to see how it opens up because nothing happens in the first hour. I imagine it's considerably more interesting playing with others though as that is kind of the point.

One thing I found out - An MMO is not a jump in and play genre at first. lol. No idea what I'm doing I've just did about 8 quests and haven't left the starting area yet.
My mate said he tried it and was killed by a sheep so at least I haven't failed that hard yet.

Associate
I have a question regarding the upgrade program, hopefully somebody can shed some light.

I'm aware that with a ps3 copy (logged in at least once on a ps3) that you get the free upgrade to PS4, however with any new copy of the game you get 30 days play time so surely logging into the ps3 copy would result in redeeming the 30 days therefore meaning that when the ps4 upgrade is available you will have to start paying straight away via timecard or sub in order to pay-is this correct?

I am only interested in the PS4 version and have no desire to play it for a month on ps3. Is the only option to keep the ps3 copy sealed until the ps4 launch and login to it then so that you can use the full 30 days on ps4?

If anybody has an answer to this that would be much appreciated.

Associate
I have a question regarding the upgrade program, hopefully somebody can shed some light.

I'm aware that with a ps3 copy (logged in at least once on a ps3) that you get the free upgrade to PS4, however with any new copy of the game you get 30 days play time so surely logging into the ps3 copy would result in redeeming the 30 days therefore meaning that when the ps4 upgrade is available you will have to start paying straight away via timecard or sub in order to pay-is this correct?

I am only interested in the PS4 version and have no desire to play it for a month on ps3. Is the only option to keep the ps3 copy sealed until the ps4 launch and login to it then so that you can use the full 30 days on ps4?

If anybody has an answer to this that would be much appreciated.

The free 30 days starts from when you make your account, yes. So if you want those free days on PS4 only, you will need to wait until then. You won't lose any days with the upgrade though - so you could play 15 days of your free time on PS3, and 15 on PS4 after upgrading.

Soldato
If PS4 can play with PC, start on Odin if you fancy playing with a few of us. Got 4 so far who are all new, so will be easy to catch up and join in :)

Soldato
Really interested in getting into a MMO again and I'm a massive final fantasy fan. For those who have played the beta - is it just a grind or does it keep you interested? Games ive played before include wow, dcuo (pc), rift(briefly).

Is there a decent ocuk presence? And am I right in thinking the next beta phase starts 4th April? It seems some of you are currently playing though I can't find any options on the psn store

Associate
The game's been in full release for 6~ months now, which is why lots of us can play it. The beta is for the PS4 client, and basically just gives a bit of free playtime to people with PS4s.

Definitely enough to keep you interested, and it's a good choice as a FF fan. There's just been a rather large patch released, so the entire community is very much in a 'discovery' phase at the moment, making it an ideal time to start. Catching up shouldn't be too difficult either.

Back
Top Bottom