Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Soldato
The game's been in full release for 6~ months now, which is why lots of us can play it. The beta is for the PS4 client, and basically just gives a bit of free playtime to people with PS4s.

Definitely enough to keep you interested, and it's a good choice as a FF fan. There's just been a rather large patch released, so the entire community is very much in a 'discovery' phase at the moment, making it an ideal time to start. Catching up shouldn't be too difficult either.

dude I really can't fin this on the PSN store, what's the trick?

Soldato
dude I really can't fin this on the PSN store, what's the trick?

I just searched on the webstore for 'Realm Reborn' and found it.

But it's £28.49 from the PSN store, and elsewhere it's available for less than £10 on disk. Plus subscription fees of course.

Associate
And remember, as said - you can get the game for PS3 for less than £10 as a hard copy, and unless things have changed, you'll be able to transfer that to a PS4 license and download the PS4 version on release for free.

Soldato
And remember, as said - you can get the game for PS3 for less than £10 as a hard copy, and unless things have changed, you'll be able to transfer that to a PS4 license and download the PS4 version on release for free.

I don't have a ps3, is there a way of
Registering that hard copy anyway so I
Can then upgrade it?

Also what are the server details for the ocuk guild?

Thanks again

PSN Puki85

Associate
help with transfer!!!

Hi guys, I played the second beta on PS4 and really enjoyed it. I had a sealed ps3 copy in order to take advantage of the upgrade programme. In anticipation of the early access on friday I got my friend (who I sold my ps3 to) to redeem it on there however we are having a problem.

Firstly, I got him to log out of his PSN and into mine, and activate the console as primary. He then redeemed the code that came with the PS3 copy of Realm Reborn. This worked fine and, after validating it was me with my card details, it downloaded the client. However upon booting the client up we are just getting the error message 'unable to complete version check [20447] [20446] [404]' and so we cant get to the point where I would log in, download the updates and then subsequently be able to enact the account tranalledsfer to ps4.

We have tried:

- making sure my ps4 is logged out+deactivated.
- checked that it has successfully redeemed the code and entitlement (which it has, as it is now in my PSN purchase history)
- uninstalled and reinstalled the client
-logged out and back in
- logged out and tried HIS login.

Nothing is working and it is very frustrating- I have googled this and most of the people having this issue are either referring to the PC version or PS4 beta so I cant seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

Does anybody with experience of using a PSN account across both a PS3 and PS4 know what the issue might be, as this is the first time I have done it.

Any help would be massively appreciated as obviously I want to be able to play on friday. Started this process a couple of days early just in case we ran into problems like this!

Thanks,
ojgbrown

Soldato
If anyone is still interested in this then please join on the Odin server. Part of a big guild now who are constantly helping out new players and running raids and gearing people up all the time.

Just for a numbers game, I have managed to hit level 43 (out of 50) level sub class to 25, complete up to story quest to my level and loads of side quests in 20 days. I'm not playing hardcore either, just a few hours a night and a bit more at weekends.

Soldato
I'll add you on friends tonight mate and get you in our guild. They always have bonus leveling EXP and crafting EXP up for everyone so makes leveling bit quicker.

Will be on about 8pm.

Soldato
Upgraded from ps3 to ps4 with ease. Havent had game time on the account since the initial month that came with it but its letting me play now on ps4. Hasnt charged me, i assume its the early access so its letting me play then when that ends i have to renew my sub?

Soldato
Upgraded from ps3 to ps4 with ease. Havent had game time on the account since the initial month that came with it but its letting me play now on ps4. Hasnt charged me, i assume its the early access so its letting me play then when that ends i have to renew my sub?

Yeah it's just the early access. It'll Prob get locked after Monday until you pay the sub

Soldato
As I don't have a PC any more and PS4 games lacking I may get this again for a while, presume I can carry on with my character I started on PC as it's all tied to an account? Or maybe I'll start again, can I tie my PSN account into a Square one somehow?

Soldato
As I don't have a PC any more and PS4 games lacking I may get this again for a while, presume I can carry on with my character I started on PC as it's all tied to an account? Or maybe I'll start again, can I tie my PSN account into a Square one somehow?

You can tie the 2 accounts under one service account and access your character on each system :) ive not done it myself but it should be easy to sort out. Probably just sign in to the mog station and attach your ps4 code to it in there?

*edit

Actually when you first fire it up on ps4 it asks if you have a square account, so just sign in using your pc one and then pop the ps4 one on the same service account as that of the pc one?

Back
Top Bottom