Fire Thread! - Stoves, Wood, Axes, Chainsaws

Ah right, I did not know that! Ours has an external air vent which is why I asked. No idea how much it's rated for though.

Have you bought any cleaning tools for it yet?

As in a companion set? Or something to physically clean it?

We have a companion set for the one in the lounge and looking for a silver one to match the new one.

No need for any other cleaning stuff. Empty the ash pan, the odd hoover out and the airwash keeps the glass clean :)

You will now be able to throw all your chicken bone's straight on to the fire.

I think you should treat yourself to a electric/hydraulic log splitter - they are much easier and worth there weight in gold. :)

You will now be able to throw all your chicken bone's straight on to the fire.

I think you should treat yourself to a electric/hydraulic log splitter - they are much easier and worth there weight in gold. :)

Been looking at the price to hire one for the weekend and try before you buy .... :D

Once you have used one you will buy one.

I thought slice bread was the bee's knees but these log splitter's leave it in dust. - The more you spend the better it is.

If you can, get one at hip height - don't get one on floor -get a stand or make something to put it on.. (workmate)

Mine is similar to this https://mitox.co.uk/index.php/mitox-ls45-log-splitter.html

I only have a small stove so it's good for splitting wood down to smaller size.
:)

Once you have used one you will buy one.

I thought slice bread was the bee's knees but these log splitter's leave it in dust. - The more you spend the better it is.

If you can, get one at hip height - don't get one on floor -get a stand or make something to put it on.. (workmate)

Mine is similar to this https://mitox.co.uk/index.php/mitox-ls45-log-splitter.html

I only have a small stove so it's good for splitting wood down to smaller size.
:)

Brill, thanks :)

I bought one of those electric splitters a few years ago, it was used and came with the stand. Great bit of kit.

It's a shame it's been harder to source free wet wood recently. Everyone near me seems to want stupid money now, not making it worth the time and effort to process myself.

I bought one of those electric splitters a few years ago, it was used and came with the stand. Great bit of kit.

It's a shame it's been harder to source free wet wood recently. Everyone near me seems to want stupid money now, not making it worth the time and effort to process myself.
Exactly what I've found the prices of wet wood is so close to kiln dried stuff out isn't worth it.

arted on splitting the logs I'd cut up last weekend.

IMG20230205100532-01.jpg

IMG20230205115110-01.jpg

IMG20230205115541-01.jpg

IMG20230205103714-01.jpg

Did a few hours and then stacked.the splits into a section of the large wood.store

IMG20230205132629-01.jpg

IMG20230205132634-01.jpg

Something about stacked wood!
Our cove in the living room was empty so refilled it from the store outside.
Wasn't the best stacking with random cuts and types of wood but I just find it pleasing to look at!

Since we started using the logburner at end of summer last year -Probably start of October till now we have used this log pile and the same amount that was in trailer. - that's about £190 worth. Certainly isn't cheap heating anymore.

pC6dMtk.png

I got 500kg of multi fuel from National Coal for about £300 and it does go a long way. I generally use my wood to help get the coal going rather than as my main fuel, but obviously that's not an option for all stoves.

Back
Top Bottom