Fire Thread! - Stoves, Wood, Axes, Chainsaws

Never really used fire lighters since we got our first burner years ago.

The one on the kitchen can take some getting going of it's particularly cold outside due to the exposed twin wall flue

I bought some of these, cheap, from the local B&M

1000041279-01.jpg

They work well and are individually wrapped (you burn in the wrapper) but still are quite smelly

Just had some of these arrive

1000041340-01.jpg

1000041341-01.jpg

Certainly look and feel great and come highly recommend - anyone else used them?

Will report back :)
I use these kind of fire lighters. They work a treat.

960KG of Hotblocks delivered today.

03HIUZt.jpg

Unfortunately the pallet they were on decided it didn't want to be a pallet anymore and we just about managed to get them off the truck, but they were stuck halfway into the lane.
Luckily enough the farm is a few seconds away, so I got the farmer to shunt them onto my driveway..

56EGA2s.jpg

All stacked and ready to give me a couple of years of heat..

b7VYyjS.jpg
How do you rate the hot blocks? Can you share some sample data on burn time/temps?

Had a lot of scrap wood given me yesterday -spent morning turning it into starting sticks - Now got 3 dustbins full and large compost bag.:)

Yup, there the ones.
But, get the seconds from their store on Ebay as they're much cheaper..

Looks like the price has shot up a bit.

Last edited:
The burner or the Mrs

:p
:cry::cry::cry: Both at this rate

Yup, there the ones.
But, get the seconds from their store on Ebay as they're much cheaper..

That's the one

Any recommendations on where to get wood/logs from, got a small log burner in the new house which I've just had repaired and serviced lived in flats mostly so never had one before.

Any recommendations on where to get wood/logs from, got a small log burner in the new house which I've just had repaired and serviced lived in flats mostly so never had one before.

What kind of space do you have for storage - are you looking at a smallish net bag or a ton oad?

Also are you City center, Greater, north, south, east or West ? Assuming you are based in Manchester?

;)

If you're itching to get a fire going then pop to your local Wickes whilst you're sorting out a supplier, I've not used heat logs until recently but thought I'd pick up a few packs to try out. A lot of heat and a decent burn time, easy to light too.

Back
Top Bottom