Fire Thread! - Stoves, Wood, Axes, Chainsaws

Some more firelighters ..
1000045077-01.jpg

1000045078-01.jpg

1000045079-01.jpg

Does anyone use smokeless fuel alongside logs? I've found I get a much hotter burn if I do, but, I'd quite like to just burn smokeless around christmas if possible.

Does anyone use smokeless fuel alongside logs? I've found I get a much hotter burn if I do, but, I'd quite like to just burn smokeless around christmas if possible.

I run smokeless for the base fire, logs added in the evening to boost the heat output.
Fire usually stays in all night, when shut down overnight.

See all the log dealers round me use "bags" (builders dumpy bags) which I reckon are about 0.6 to 0.8m2 and are ~£330 for 4 bags for mixed seasoned and ~£395 for 4 bags kiln dried hardwood

So I'd guesstimate at 2.5 -3 m3

Northwest / mid Cheshire based

I cleaerd out the log store right up the backend of garden and put it all in gaps of log stores near house -It was nice using referbed barrow - I can now order another load of logs - I think 2 cm will just fill this log store so thats £280 - Wood is really ridiculously priced now.

I cleaerd out the log store right up the backend of garden and put it all in gaps of log stores near house -It was nice using referbed barrow - I can now order another load of logs - I think 2 cm will just fill this log store so thats £280 - Wood is really ridiculously priced now.
Yeah prices keep on going up !!

Back
Top Bottom