***Food TV THREAD***

Soldato
Yea, it wasn't really that great in that respect. But, we can't tell the great British public that meat doesn't actually live on the field in neat little white packets like you find in the shops!

Caporegime
What does community think, separate threads or combined?

IMO, as you can tell, unlike other sun forums, it doesn't move fast enough to warrant separate threads.
Maybe use the title part of individual posts to identify what show/episode you are referring to - helps if reading this way after the event etc...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Keep it all together i say.
Shame.

Masterchef starts tomorrow night, which is a thread all by itself usually, Series 2 of Perfect starts tonight on Good Food and The Roux Legacy is due to start soon enough. I'll admit that some shows aren't likely to be popular but we've got a whole sub-forum to play with now.

I think it's logistically sensible to have a thread for each show and keep everything pertaining to that show within. It's easier to keep track of who is talking about what and easier to search for at a later date. And if it's not popular it will die a death and fall off the front page.

And if someone then deems it worthy to combine all the dead threads at a later date, we'll have a whip-round and buy that moderator a pint.

Caporegime
'The Hungry Sailors'

Missed the first half as I wasn't back in time from shopping (food), did have to laugh at the bicycle pump sausages :D that said I'd have been more than happy to have ate a few.

Soldato
Is anyone else strangely addicted to Top Chef?

It's the weirdest cooking competition show, basically because there's little to no actual cooking shown. You could probably more accurately describe it as a series of product placements interspersed with some snotty remarks from a bunch of uppity 'celebrity' food industry types and a fair amount of bitching between the contestants.

As food shows go it's utter bilge, but something about it is strangely compelling.

I can't stop myself from watching it.

Caporegime
AAh didn't know The Hungry Sailors was on all week 4-5pm itv

Just watched tonights episode lol @ tortilla maker :D straight outta scrapheap challenge that one, did fancy the look of that Chili chocolate though.

Soldato
Caught up with Heston tonight. Got to say, I was surprised at the difficulty level of this episode. The previous two were very basic, whereas this one definitely assumed you already have some knowledge (the way he raced through things; whip this, fold that, etc.). Picked up a few ideas though, so all good :)

Man of Honour
OP
COOKERY: How to Cook Like Heston
is showing on Channel 4 at 20:00, 25 January 2012
In this edition Heston challenges the way we cook chicken; the most popular meat in the world, but an old bird he believes is in need of a makeover. First up he attempts to revolutionise the way we roast a chicken by sharing his low and slow cooking technique. Then he gets to grips with the chicken's many delicious parts via an autopsy. At his village hall, Heston challenges the local hockey team to a blind stock tasting match before introducing his own super flavour-boosting stock - the secret of which is a sprinkling of milk powder to increase the levels of protein and sugar. Heston also reveals his guarded recipe for his dreamy chicken and ham pie, and demonstrates a shortcut for preparing a Michelin-star worthy chicken consomm?. For a final bit of theatre, Heston teaches viewers how they can use hot water, dry ice and essential lemon oils to flood our kitchens with chicken enhancing aromas.

COOKERY: The Fabulous Baker Brothers
is showing on Channel 4 at 20:30, 25 January 2012
Brothers Tom and Henry take viewers into the heat of the artisan kitchen and unlock the trade secrets of baking, taking viewers through their delicious recipes. This edition focuses on food that takes a long time to prepare. But don't let that put you off - the results are totally worth the wait. Tom and Henry make slow-cooked pulled pork served stuffed into homemade pitta bread, and Tom makes a sourdough loaf using the family's 56-year-old sourdough culture and tells viewers how to make their very own. There's also a traditional steamed pudding soaked in flaming booze and covered with a toffee sauce - a vintage classic. Henry's creeping into the lead in the weekly pie battle as the Pie Wars score board stands at 2 - 1. This week's judges are seven triathletes who are looking for a hearty pie to fuel them for their lengthy training. Tom and Henry make big, savoury pies for the endurance athletes to test run. But which brother will emerge victorious and which will flop?

Back
Top Bottom