***Food TV THREAD***

Man of Honour
OP
Not. Bad, looking forward to cheese episode.

Also baker brothers are gay and incest. However I want to know the method for pita bread.

beh

beh

Associate
I think it's logistically sensible to have a thread for each show and keep everything pertaining to that show within. It's easier to keep track of who is talking about what and easier to search for at a later date. And if it's not popular it will die a death and fall off the front page.
Aye, I think I'd prefer that too.

Associate
The Roux Legacy

This has been shown on Good Food the last 2 evenings and in my opinion has been really good viewing.

If you have any interest at all in how food in this country has developed in the past 50 years this is an absolute must see.

Britain’s leading food channel, Good Food, has commissioned an exclusive new series from Cactus TV, which will see four members of the Roux family working and cooking alongside each other on television for the first time.

The 10 x 60” called The Roux Legacy, has been commissioned by UKTV’s Director of Commissioning Jane Rogerson, and Commissioning Editor, Tracy Forsyth, and ordered by Good Food’s General Manager, Clare Laycock.

The series will provide extraordinary behind the scenes footage of Albert, Michel, Alain, and Michel Roux Junior, in both the kitchens of Le Gavroche and The Waterside Inn, which remains the only UK restaurant to retain three Michelin stars for more than 25 years.

Access has also been gained to the family’s famous admirers within the cooking community and those whose careers they have helped launched, including James Martin, Raymond Blanc, and Marcus Wareing.

This year’s Roux Scholarship, an annual search for the best in culinary talent, will be followed throughout. This allows the best young chefs to compete against each other for the prize of a lifetime: three months experience in a three Michelin starred restaurant of their choice.

Each episode will see a unique Roux masterclass, comprising of two recipes of beautifully crafted food, one of which will be easy to master for any home cook. Each of the recipes featured in the series will be available on goodfoodchannel.co.uk, as part of Britain’s most extensive database of 14,000 recipes.

UKTV’s Tracy Forsyth said: “The Roux Legacy is a fantastic opportunity for Good Food to team up with Cactus TV once more to provide a generous serving of high-end cuisine, mixed with unprecedented access to all four Roux family members, their archive and unique opportunities to see them at home.”

Good Food’s Clare Laycock adds: “The Roux family name is legendary within culinary circles. Over the last four decades, the Roux family have made a lasting impact on British eating habits and we’re delighted to be bringing their story to Good Food as part of such a unique and compelling series.”

Amanda Ross, Head of Cactus TV will be Executive Producer on the series. She said: “The Roux Legacy will provide extraordinary and exclusive behind the scenes footage of the Roux family. It will also trace the careers of each of the four members of the much-loved and hugely respected cooking dynasty, as we learn why they are so important to British cooking.”

Was quite nice to see the affection and respect that Michel and albert have for one another but also for other chefs, for example at one point Albert said that Marcus Wareing was probably the best chef that has ever worked under him....great praise indeed considering some of the people who have worked in the Roux Kitchens.

Soldato
The Roux Legacy

This has been shown on Good Food the last 2 evenings and in my opinion has been really good viewing.
I didn't think much of it at first, but I've found myself glued to the sofa when it's been on.

The only negative point is that they keep repeating the same 'story' about how the brothers grew up, came to England, founded le Gavroche, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if the program was being shown on a weekly basis, but having it covered again and again every day is getting on my wick.

But it's all worth it for watching Albert and Michel Sr cook together. You never know whether they are going kiss or kill each other - you can definitely see that there's sparks flying between the two of them!

Associate
I didn't think much of it at first, but I've found myself glued to the sofa when it's been on.

The only negative point is that they keep repeating the same 'story' about how the brothers grew up, came to England, founded le Gavroche, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if the program was being shown on a weekly basis, but having it covered again and again every day is getting on my wick.

But it's all worth it for watching Albert and Michel Sr cook together. You never know whether they are going kiss or kill each other - you can definitely see that there's sparks flying between the two of them!

Completely agree....and that first 7-8 minutes is starting to annoy now.

good bless V+ facilities.

beh

beh

Associate
Perhaps already seen but for more of the Roux brothers cooking together a rather old series (late 80s?) is available on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/grantmk999/videos. Good bit of MPW at his peak on there too.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I watched the start in the end, so going to try that cheese sauce but with beer rather than wine, beer macaroni cheese and sausages. Boom!!

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else tried his cheese sauce recipe?

I couldn't get it to thicken with that quantity of cornflour. Even adding more I couldn't get it to thicken at that temp. Increasing temp meant cheese split and went grainy although that did finally thicken it.

Soldato
Perhaps already seen but for more of the Roux brothers cooking together a rather old series (late 80s?) is available on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/grantmk999/videos. Good bit of MPW at his peak on there too.
That's excellent - cheers for the link.

Anyone else tried his cheese sauce recipe?
Your insistence that all discussion about food on TV is lumped in a single thread means that I have no idea who you are referring to.

Is it Heston? One of the Baker Brothers? One of the Rouxs?!

Man of Honour
OP
It's great to see some one else(Heston) making potato doughnuts. I tell you it's a winner much better than plain flour doughnuts.

Man of Honour
OP
Just found out baker brothers are in chipping Sudbury. That figures they act like sodburyites. It's only up the road will have to go sample some breads at some point.

Back
Top Bottom