Fortnite Battle Royale

Soldato
i agree - the building aspect is something that needs a practise area/session. Also the stupidity of launch pads when people come flying into buildings/towers and insta shotgun you to death is a bit ridiculous

Correct me if I am wrong but the battle Royale portion is F2P? There is a single player mode that I believe is paid for and does exactly what you said. It is a practice area and PVE. I pre-purchased the game so am not 100% sure on what is F2P and what is not, But I am annoyed that I have to purchase the battle packs still on the BR side when I already sunk money into the game to buy it.

I have found myself sometimes going WTF...HOW!!! For instance I was playing with a friend last night and I was hiding in a loft as I heard him coming. I hadnt moved or made myself visible. He literally ran up the read of the building by building a ramp Jumped span and 1 shot me with a sniper rifle. Either it was the luckiest shot of his life or just plain BS. have had a few moments where I havent believed how accurate some people are at distance VS me but I am putting that down to the fact I have potato aim

Soldato
It's an odd game - I've only played a few, I admit, however the other day, landed, ran around, found some weapons etc, walked into the zone a few times - before I knew it there was 6 people left.....I've seen and heard nothing. Very boring 10/15 minutes.

PC seems very "lacklustre" compared to the carnage I see on my son's Xbox version.

Associate
It's an odd game - I've only played a few, I admit, however the other day, landed, ran around, found some weapons etc, walked into the zone a few times - before I knew it there was 6 people left.....I've seen and heard nothing. Very boring 10/15 minutes.

PC seems very "lacklustre" compared to the carnage I see on my son's Xbox version.

Land Tilted Towers, you won't be bored for the rest of the game trust me lol.

Play safe and you'll be bored

Soldato
Maybe the PVP looks better but have to pay for that, I tried it last night on deathmatch or whatever it is and it's very boring mining materials Minecraft style then building stairs and stuff just to get shot.

Associate
Played my first game of this yesterday, was so passive and only killed 2 people but finished 4th, which is better than I expected! Really enjoyed it, though the building is going to take a while to get used to I think - are people rebinding the building keys away from the F row?

Associate
Playing this more, getting the hang and enjoying it.

Played my first game of this yesterday, was so passive and only killed 2 people but finished 4th, which is better than I expected! Really enjoyed it, though the building is going to take a while to get used to I think - are people rebinding the building keys away from the F row?

Deffo bind everything if you want to compete, you gotta be quick!

If anyone wants to play some squads and stuff let me know!

Soldato
I still seem to really suck at this game >_<

I dont know wether its because it is third person view, of all the stoopid building but i just seem to be rubbish at it...yet still keep coming back :p

V F

V F

Soldato
I still seem to really suck at this game >_<

I dont know wether its because it is third person view, of all the stoopid building but i just seem to be rubbish at it...yet still keep coming back :p

It’s the building. You have to be good at the fast building. Problem is I cannot remember all the binds quickly to get familiar with the binds. So I die fast. Nor is there an area to practice. :(

Soldato
It’s the building. You have to be good at the fast building. Problem is I cannot remember all the binds quickly to get familiar with the binds. So I die fast. Nor is there an area to practice. :(

I just dont like it at all...i pretty much exclusively play squad so just let others do it lol

Man of Honour
To get used to the building you just need practice. Changing the controls might help, I have Q and mouse thumb button for wall, F for stairs and C for floor, works pretty well for me although I do still fumble the building at times.

Associate
If you've got Twitch Prime then you can get some free goodies by linking your Twitch with Epic.
Cheers for the heads up - I linked my accounts and got the items.

Pretty addicted to this now, must have played 10+ games in a row last night - I'm still awful but slowly getting the hang of building and I'm looting quicker too.

I've been jumping into highly populated area's, just to get used to taking fights and feel comfortable with the weapons etc.

Man of Honour
Coming to mobile?! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/mobile-announce

gy4yWUUl.jpg

I'll be interested to see how this performs. So far Epic have been quite impressive with tweaking performance for lower end hardware.

Do people think this will really catch on? I realise Fortnite is massive, but playing mobile will undoubtedly have its costs in terms of limited control and I expect most of the market will have - by now - already bought a console or PC to play.

Associate
Coming to mobile?! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/mobile-announce

gy4yWUUl.jpg

I'll be interested to see how this performs. So far Epic have been quite impressive with tweaking performance for lower end hardware.

Do people think this will really catch on? I realise Fortnite is massive, but playing mobile will undoubtedly have its costs in terms of limited control and I expect most of the market will have - by now - already bought a console or PC to play.
Interested to see how it will run on a mobile device & how intuitive it is to play...

Finally got my first solo W over the weekend, seem to be placing top 5-10 pretty consistently but I've been losing out to better builders in the final stages of most games - I'm finding it pretty addictive at the moment; I love how easy it is to re-queue and go again straight away.

Back
Top Bottom