Fuel up/down again

Soldato
It's hard not to begrudge these fuel duty increases, especially when the majority of our roads still seem very poor, especially up here.

My car being particularly thirsty doesn't help matters, but I'm not for changing - I'll just suck it up.

I'm a smug git anyway :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18120067 said:
It's broken then - if you must buy 'Premium diesel' buy it from Shell instead.

The market should punish companies which price themselves at the top end unless the value they add to the product is justified. In the case of BP this is not the case.

I never see Bp being more. a lot of stations are franchises so could explain the local differences. My closest is the co-op Bp and the same price as Sainsburys.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Why do you say that? - afaik Stobart use exclusively "Ultimate" diesel albeit, afaik, from Shell rather than BP

Good enough for a Scania, good enough for a BMW? No?

Stobart's fuel is bunkered, i have no idea what they will be paying but you will be being asked to use the fuel deemed most economical by them :) The increase we will see shortly as normal users will also not hit them in the same way, as the main cause for our concern is the VAT, which Stobart will claim back. At the moment they will be paying more like £1/litre i would imagine, which wont change much in the new year.

Caporegime
Every fuel price rise just makes my 1.4 seem all the more awesome.

My plan is to cycle as much as possible. Driving is so expensive that it's fast becoming a luxury when I live so close to home, especially with the immense fitness benefits of cycling 8 miles every day. Got lights for Christmas so no excuses not to now.

Sounds like you have an opportunity to buy something a bit more silly seeing as your Golf is being resigned to a weekend car. 1.4 Golfs are rubbish weekend cars. Buy a GTI.

Soldato
Sky are already reporting petrol stations being busier than normal as people fill up to avoid the .7p increase. I don't know why people bother rushing, yes they will save less than 50p on an average fill up but within a couple of weeks they are filling up at the higher price!

I noticed when I filled up at Shell the other day they had signs up suggesting you fill it to the brim to avoid the VAT increase.

Caporegime
Stobart's fuel is bunkered, i have no idea what they will be paying but you will be being asked to use the fuel deemed most economical by them :) The increase we will see shortly as normal users will also not hit them in the same way, as the main cause for our concern is the VAT, which Stobart will claim back. At the moment they will be paying more like £1/litre i would imagine, which wont change much in the new year.

Interesting mate, and on thinking about it, they transport it themselves from depot to depot & indeed collect direct from the refinerys etc.

Man of Honour
OP
I never see Bp being more. a lot of stations are franchises so could explain the local differences. My closest is the co-op Bp and the same price as Sainsburys.

I am amazed that you see this - no matter where I go in the country BP is always several pence per litre more than anyone else excluding Texaco.

BP Smithaleigh this evening 126.9, Sainsburys Marsh Mills 121.9. BP Winning Post Halden Hill 127.9, Shell at the bottom of Halden hill 124.9. BP one side of the M6 was, as I said, more than Shell the other side. The BP garage down the road from my hotel in Edinburgh, 124.9. The Esso garage outside the Hotel, 119.9 (Yes, really, I couldnt beleive that either), Sainsburys opposite Esso 118.9.

Wherever I go, BP are there charging more than everyone else.

Oh yes, BP garage one side of the roundabout after the Forth Bridge 124.9, Shell the other side of the SAME roundabout 122.9.

It's consistent wherever I am.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I've seen the same thing. When I used to live near Blackpool there were 3 fuel stations near me. 2 of them Shell and the other a BP. BP was always around 5p more per litre than either Shell station.

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;18121500 said:
I am amazed that you see this - no matter where I go in the country BP is always several pence per litre more than anyone else excluding Texaco.

BP Smithaleigh this evening 126.9, Sainsburys Marsh Mills 121.9. BP Winning Post Halden Hill 127.9, Shell at the bottom of Halden hill 124.9. BP one side of the M6 was, as I said, more than Shell the other side. The BP garage down the road from my hotel in Edinburgh, 124.9. The Esso garage outside the Hotel, 119.9 (Yes, really, I couldnt beleive that either), Sainsburys opposite Esso 118.9.

Wherever I go, BP are there charging more than everyone else.

Oh yes, BP garage one side of the roundabout after the Forth Bridge 124.9, Shell the other side of the SAME roundabout 122.9.

It's consistent wherever I am.

How on earth do you remember all that? Bloody amazing all i ever remember is i put 70 quid in or whatever.

Soldato
Near where I live there are two garages directly opposite each other, one is always 2/3p more for everything.

There is also a garage in Guildford that's always 3/4p more than the 3 garages within 2-3min drive of it.

Back
Top Bottom