Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
I've been playing Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, man that game is brutal! Keep going back like a sucker though, maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome :p

Soldato
So in Persona 5 does it matter if I ignore the main missions, do I fail it if I don't do it in time, can I just not do what I want or am I restricted?

You're somewhat restricted.

You'll have to clear out a "Palace" every so often, you'll be given a deadline for this of X amount of days, if you fail to do this it's game over. If you fail you'll get the option to load an earlier save, or have the game take you back in time a certain amount of time. Hold in mind, you need to send a letter to inform the owner of the palace that you've robbed them once you've completed one, so you need to factor some time into that also. Honestly though, it isn't too bad once you get to grips with managing your time. I usually just push as far into each palace/dungeon I can each day until I've cleared them, which will result in you having a bunch of days until the next major plot segment where you can do anything you want. If you work on getting your confidant link with the doctor up to level 5 this will be easier, as it allows you to buy an item/accessory from her which regenerates SP at a pretty good rate, there's also upgraded versions of the item at higher confidant ranks.

There's certain things you can do to help get the most out of your time also, for example there's a confidant you can acquire who you can contact for a 'massage' once you get her to a certain level. This will allow you to go out during the night after visiting a palace, or for a second time that day I believe if you don't visit one.

Last edited:
Soldato
For all the RDR talk, I felt the same for the first one. The story was good at the start and end but the middle of the game was soul destroying boring. it felt forced and stretched out so much with the repetitive missions I nearly gave up on it. When RDR2 came out I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but with all the micromanagement of the horse and player they decided to add, I think I gave up by the end of Chapter 2 or 3. From a technical standpoint its incredible as a general game it's massively overrated.

Weirdly though I've just started playing RDR2 online and I do kind of enjoy that. The micromanagement is still really annoying but going through everything with friends makes it a more enjoyable experience. They should have made the main story co-operative, think I would have finished it that way.

Caporegime
For all the RDR talk, I felt the same for the first one. The story was good at the start and end but the middle of the game was soul destroying boring. it felt forced and stretched out so much with the repetitive missions I nearly gave up on it.

Felt the same - Mexico so was so excruciating to play but I'm glad I stuck with it. The end part is just brilliant and something I'll never forget.

Man of Honour
I played and finished Limbo recently. It was... OK. The art style, and the novelty of it for the opening third, was by far the best thing about it. I enjoyed it I suppose but I’m certainly not raving about it.

6.5/10

Man of Honour
Goddamit.... I LOVE all things oooky and spooky and have seen a gillion horror movies but Resident Evil 7 is borderline unplayable because it’s too frightening. I just booted it up again, got a little way into the house and went.... nope!! Game is now on pause and I’m delaying going back to it.

I think it says a lot then when I attempted to play it last time around, my partner, a seasoned horror fan who was reading a book at the time, had to leave the room because she found it too frightening... she wasn’t even playing!

Jeez.

Soldato
Been playing Outer Wilds the last week or so. Best game I've played in the last few years and definitely GOTY for last year. There is nothing in the same league!

Caporegime
A Plague Tale, fantastic game.

Yeah. Even though it's on Game Pass, I went and bought a copy of it anyway. It's so good. Seems like I missed nearly half of all the collectibles on my first run through and I could swear black and blue I searched nearly every nook and cranny. So that's worth a second go to see if I can spot more things.

Soldato
Yeah. Even though it's on Game Pass, I went and bought a copy of it anyway. It's so good. Seems like I missed nearly half of all the collectibles on my first run through and I could swear black and blue I searched nearly every nook and cranny. So that's worth a second go to see if I can spot more things.

I played it on Game Pass, would have purchased it otherwise if it had not hit GP. It's surprising some of the things you can miss 1st play through, some collectables are really hidden away. Stunning looking game as well, I played it this year, so I currently class it as my game of the year so far.

Rumour has it that a 2nd is in the works as well.

Soldato
Does anyone know roughly how long Persona 5 is? lol

I am level 20 and just completed the 2nd palace - I am still getting tutorial messages, is this common throughout - or is this game damn huge and I have not even scratched the surface yet?

Fantastic game so far, the mechanics and the dialogue is superb

Associate
Went back to AC Origins since last playing it in Dec 2017 and it is quite a gorgeous looking game. Just too big and too many icons on the map.

Just won some fights at the Krocolopitis (sp) - anyone know how long left for main story?

Soldato
Went back to AC Origins since last playing it in Dec 2017 and it is quite a gorgeous looking game. Just too big and too many icons on the map.

Just won some fights at the Krocolopitis (sp) - anyone know how long left for main story?

A while since I played it, but from memory I think you are about two thirds in to the main story

Caporegime
Batman: Arkham Origins

Dunno how this one passed me by but have been playing the PS3 version via PS Now (how awful to go back to 720p!) but it's quite fun, it feels like DLC for Arkham City or something.

Back
Top Bottom