GCSE Results thread

reflex said:
Most school lets you in anyway becuase of one thing;

£

True. According to my college the entry requirements for my course were B's in English and Maths with at least four C's in other subjects. Something like that, can't remember exactly.

Anyway, it turns out the majority of the people on the course didn't even come close to these requirements. (My GCSE results by far surpassed the entry requirements.)
Now they've passed the course and have acceptance to the same universities/university courses as me.

Great, nice to know all that hard work I put in at GCSE level paid off :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I haven't been reading this thread.. But my first post tomorrow/later will be on here and will be my results. I'm not really bothered about finding out.. But I'm not holding out high hopes either. :(

I was one of the worst people for coursework.. Developed ME half way through the year so ended up with 8 GCSEs. :o

Ah well.. At least you guys will be here to cheer me up. :D

Syk3 said:
Anyone else..bricking tomorrow? opening the results and seeing all your exams compared to another?

I am :(

Yeah I'm pooing myself. I've had about 3.5hours sleep (not very tired though) I just plan getting in and out, home and then out with friends.

sjohal2006 said:
Just read that my GCSE's im starting are going to be harder

"The worries have prompted the government to pilot tougher English and Maths GCSE courses over the next two years."

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/art..._L23308619_RTRUKOC_0_UK-BRITAIN-EDUCATION.xml

Aaar well.... :rolleyes:

I read about this in a newspaper (Telegraph I believe) Apparently coursework HAS to be done in school and in examination conditions :eek:

naffa said:
Well I haven't been reading this thread.. But my first post tomorrow/later will be on here and will be my results. I'm not really bothered about finding out.. But I'm not holding out high hopes either. :(

I was one of the worst people for coursework.. Developed ME half way through the year so ended up with 8 GCSEs. :o

Ah well.. At least you guys will be here to cheer me up

I'll probaly go find my results, share results with friends, phone home to tell results, phone my dad to tell results (at work), phone my sisters with results (at work to), phone up college to tell them grades and then I'll post on here *Gasps for air* 2:48 minutes left

Last edited:
Meatball said:
I'll probaly go find my results, share results with friends, phone home to tell results, phone my dad to tell results (at work), phone my sisters with results (at work to), phone up college to tell them grades and then I'll post on here *Gasps for air* 2:48 minutes left

no no no. you've done it all wrong :eek: the first thing is to put them on here and then tell everyone - have you learnt nothing? :p

It: A :p
Physics:A (well suprised) :D
Art: A :cool:
Biol:B
Chem:B :D
French:B
Maths:B :D
English: 2xC
And Welsh?:U
Bothered?, I think not.
OVER THE MOON

yeh our school did the welsh exam board english paper for some reason rather than the normal OCR/AQA

it meant half the paper was printed in welsh :O

Congratulations to those that got their results and good luck for those who are still waiting. I was extremely nervous when opening my GCSE results but 2 years down the line they aren't at all important once you get onto your chosen A-level courses.

Was expecting to fail everything, pleasantly suprised at my results though.

English Language C
English Literature C
Geography D (I only did the exam for this)
ICT A
Maths C
Welsh Language C
Welsh Literature D
Science CC
Applied Business BB

Just got a phone call from my girlfriend. She was in tears :(

English Language - D
English Literature - E
Dance - D
Maths - E
Geography - E
Technology - D
Science - They dont know yet.
German - E
Music - D
R.E - E

So she cant get into her College course.

:(

Last edited:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

English Language: A
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Science: 2xB
Food Tech: A*
Graphics: A
R.E: A
ICT: Pass (X4 C's)

Well done everyone ^.^ I know all my friends were happy :)

Art: A
Maths: A
IT: 2x A
Design: B
History: B
Science 2x B
Eng Lang: B
Eng Lit: B
German: C

Happy with them, just gotta scam the most money out of my family :p :D

Back
Top Bottom