Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly surprised by the snap polls. I thought Cameron did very poorly whilst Miliband punched above expectations and Farage was worse than ever - he really seemed like a complete one trick pony. I'm not surprised that Sturgeon was well rated but I thought Woods did just as well yet they seem like they've been judged very differently. I guess it goes to show how hard it is to take an objective judgement on these things.

I wonder whether we'll see a big difference in polls after people have a chance to sleep on it, like after the Paxman interviews?

Oh, and Clegg was terrible

The leader of The Party of Wales, who's candidates only run in Wales talked about Wales!!! OMG! :rolleyes:

SNP leader talked about the wider UK as well as Scottish issues.. Welsh bint talked exclusively about Wales and lets face it she isn't going to get enough support doing that to have any weight in UK politics.

Try not to be a smart ass next time.

The thing is Farage says what a lot of us think, the aid one has been going on for years, the India story of sending a rocket to Mars, yet us giving them 280m in aid each year surfaced in 2013, at that stage we gave Ethiopia a country with a history of famine 324m a year and a country sending rockets into space 40m less, it makes zero sense to me.

SNP leader talked about the wider UK as well as Scottish issues.. Welsh bint talked exclusively about Wales and lets face it she isn't going to get enough support doing that to have any weight in UK politics.

Her party only runs in Wales.... the maximum number of seats they can get is 40, all decided by Welsh voters. What anyone else thinks is totally irrelevant to her.

She'll have influence if one of the other party's needs the extra votes.

Try not to be a smart ass next time.

Try saying less stupid things?

I'm fairly surprised by the snap polls. I thought Cameron did very poorly whilst Miliband punched above expectations and Farage was worse than ever - he really seemed like a complete one trick pony. I'm not surprised that Sturgeon was well rated but I thought Woods did just as well yet they seem like they've been judged very differently. I guess it goes to show how hard it is to take an objective judgement on these things.

I wonder whether we'll see a big difference in polls after people have a chance to sleep on it, like after the Paxman interviews?

Oh, and Clegg was terrible

Perspective is a funny old thing.

I saw Miliband as just a bumbling wet blanket. Cameron was the only one that showed actual leadership skills and had the toughest job of actually having the power for the last 5 years, Clegg was the usual yapping underdog but made good points. Nigel was delivering his usual cheap shot brand of disillusionment.

The thing is Farage says what a lot of us think, the aid one has been going on for years, the India story of sending a rocket to Mars, yet us giving them 280m in aid each year surfaced in 2013, at that stage we gave Ethiopia a country with a history of famine 324m a year and a country sending rockets into space 40m less, it makes zero sense to me.

Because there are over 1.2 billion people in India and less than a hundred million in Ethiopia. India's people are, for the most part, very poor.

We also have stronger historical ties with India, and aid is not simply a tool by which the UK helps people in other countries it's also an instrument by which we project soft power influence around the globe.

The above is what is often missed (intentionally?) when the aid discussion is had. It is about much more than just giving money to those that need it because we can. Is that right? Absolutely not, but is it something that we can/will resolve overnight? Absolutely not

There is definitely some relevance in the point on international spending when we could be looking/helping closer to home, but the Daily Mail esque delivery is just silly

[TW]Fox;27864261 said:
When was the last time the shelves in the local supermarket were bare?

They're not, because we import the vast majority of it.

Which is why the Greens' policies are so contradictory, they want to loosen immigration controls whilst reducing 'food miles' which are totally contradictory policies in practice [in the UK].

Because there are over 1.2 billion people in India and less than a hundred million in Ethiopia. India's people are, for the most part, very poor.

We also have stronger historical ties with India, and aid is not simply a tool by which the UK helps people in other countries it's also an instrument by which we project soft power influence around the globe.

I am pretty sure 0% of them poor people work in the space industry and that going to space didn't lift them off the poverty line.

Can you quantify the financial benefit of this so called "soft-power"? Why set and ring fence 0.7% GNI for overseas development? Why not slash the NHS budget and send more?

The PM's first duty is to protect and provide for the British people. We have a budget deficit and are thinking of slashing welfare for some of the most vulnerable and the political consensus between Labour, Conservatives, and Lib Dems is that we should send £12 billion a year to Timbuktu. Total nonsense.

We have a budget deficit and are thinking of slashing welfare for some of the most vulnerable and the political consensus between Labour, Conservatives, and Lib Dems is that we should send £12 billion a year to Timbuktu. Total nonsense.

Godfrey Bloom Light

Mali (where Timbuktu is) gets around £13.5m from the whole of the EU, they're actually pretty hard done by given how poor they are compared to other countries who get far more and arguably need it less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom