Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The NHS actually relies on foreign staff. It would collapse without them. 35% of NHS health professionals come from outside of the UK.

So let's have controlled immigration where we can continue to recruit the healthcare workers we need, but not those who are just going to come here for free healthcare courtesy of the NHS.

Indeed, it works in other countries:

Of the 70,231 medical practitioners in Australia in 2011, 32,919 (47.3%) were Australian-born
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3882294/

Associate
The NHS actually relies on foreign staff. It would collapse without them. 35% of NHS health professionals come from outside of the UK.

So why are people like you against an Immigration policy which allows to be selective .

If you're a borderline moron with no trade or skill there isn't place for you here .

If you're a doctor and have good English and writing skills perfect welcome haven't a problem

If your Black , White , Asian , Hispanic i couldn't give a toss . Why do we have to settle for crap when we can cut it out and just have the good

Last edited:
Caporegime
My wishlist for some point in the future would be a flat tax % with possibly a negative rate, and for VAT and duty to be cut back on essentials.

I'm not sure if we will ever get there.

Caporegime
Millions of jobs? How many are zero-hours / minimum wage jobs? I can tell you that cuts to local services (especially adult services), Fire & Police haven't been 'small'.

minority of them AFAIK

cuts in general have been small, they'll need to make further cuts - though I don't personally like seeing the emergency services and the NHS facing cuts

fact is, whether people like it or not, austerity has been working - the economy is growing, jobs have increased, unemployment decreased - we need to reduce the deficit

Caporegime
minority of them AFAIK

cuts in general have been small, they'll need to make further cuts - though I don't personally like seeing the emergency services and the NHS facing cuts

fact is, whether people like it or not, austerity has been working - the economy is growing, jobs have increased, unemployment decreased - we need to reduce the deficit

It's impossible to say whether the economy is growing because of austerity or in spite of it - we can't spin up a parallel universe and run a different experiment. Personally I am better off now than I was in 2010, but that's due to changing jobs a couple of times and I'm under no illusion that was down to who was in number 10 at the time.

Caporegime
minority of them AFAIK

That's not really a fact is it? The fact is that the economy started growing when Osborne reverted to Plan B. The fact is that the Conservatives are promising to go back to the swingeing cuts of Plan A if elected, which didn't work then and won't work in future.

Soldato
My wishlist for some point in the future would be a flat tax %

Even UKIP abandoned this idea... Besides the more I think about it, I find the current tax rates very fair, 20% with 12% NI and then 40% with 2% NI (for a normal tax payer). Not entirely sold on the upper rate of 45%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom