Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
controlling immigration tends to affect the people with no skills or people with skills not in demand - healthcare workers are welcome in just about any country with strict immigration criteria

What about cleaners and porters? Unskilled jobs that are just as essential to the running of the NHS. Good luck recruiting British workers to do those jobs in London.

Associate
Why would there be? Spoiling a ballot gets counted along with "too stupid to fill in a ballot paper".

Intentional spoiling is a protest vote to say you're not happy with the candidates, not a retard who can’t fill out a ballot paper. If you get enough of them the ballot can be void etc. In other words a valid tactic

Last edited:
Permabanned
In a single poll.

In the average of recent polls UKIP are in the 14-15%.

of course, you favour what ever single poll supports your desired outcome over a statistically more robust average.

All ukip will achieve is all of about 4 seats and split the Tory vote. Percentages mean nothing in first past the post. Anyone who thinks ukip will be a controlling party like the libdems in 2010 is deluded, it will likely be a labour minority with snp support, all the polls point to this

Man of Honour
OP
It is easy to measure a base rate of incompetent people though so if there was a large upswing in spiked ballots then it would be taken seriously. Ideally there would be a non of the above but we are taking politics here and things are far from ideal to begin with.

Maybe a large upswing in spoiled ballots would be taken seriously but that's only after the fact and by that point the election is over and done with, those who have voted for a party get their votes counted and the winner is chosen from them.

I'm not arguing with you about whether deliberately spoiled ballots should count for something or that there should be a "none of the above" option, I'm explaining whey they don't count at present (or at least not in the way that some people think they do). The best you're likely to get is the person totting up the ballots has an unofficial count of the obviously intentionally spoiled votes and maybe that your inventive and heartfelt questioning of the local candidates parentage raises a smile.

Intentional spoiling is a protest vote to say you're not happy with the candidates, not a retard who can’t fill out a ballot paper.

It's a valid choice of course but in terms of how it is counted at present in the UK there's no distinction between the person who can't fill it out correctly and the person who chooses not to fill it out correctly. The recording doesn't factor in the intention of the voter, the end result is the same, it's a vote that is not valid so it gets bundled in with the voter who hasn't managed to follow instructions.

Associate
All ukip will achieve is all of about 4 seats and split the Tory vote. Percentages mean nothing in first past the post. Anyone who thinks ukip will be a controlling party like the libdems in 2010 is deluded, it will likely be a labour minority with snp support, all the polls point to this

If that happens I'd put money on a second general election happening soon after the first. The Media will force it. SNP said no Deal without Trident withdrawal
has that changed.

Personally I think UKIP will come third in overall votes and end up with 7-10 MP's, that's a very sad day for democracy in the UK if that happens TBH

Associate

what a catastrophe that would be... shudder.

Soldato

You're wrong. UKIP will achieve more than that; by taking support from the Tories they are basically guaranteeing us some form of Labour government come May. That'll be their biggest achievement from this election :rolleyes:

Associate
Maybe a large upswing in spoiled ballots would be taken seriously but that's only after the fact and by that point the election is over and done with, those who have voted for a party get their votes counted and the winner is chosen from them.

I'm not arguing with you about whether deliberately spoiled ballots should count for something or that there should be a "none of the above" option, I'm explaining whey they don't count at present (or at least not in the way that some people think they do). The best you're likely to get is the person totting up the ballots has an unofficial count of the obviously intentionally spoiled votes and maybe that your inventive and heartfelt questioning of the local candidates parentage raises a smile.

It's a valid choice of course but in terms of how it is counted at present in the UK there's no distinction between the person who can't fill it out correctly and the person who chooses not to fill it out correctly. The recording doesn't factor in the intention of the voter, the end result is the same, it's a vote that is not valid so it gets bundled in with the voter who hasn't managed to follow instructions.

It's your poll and you can put what options you want in it but seeing your trying to find out people's voting intentions it is not a very conclusive poll - imo.

Soldato
Spoiling the ballot makes no difference to the outcome of the election. That'll be why there's no option there. The only difference between people who choose not to vote and those who choose to spoil their ballot is the latter is wasting time, fuel and paper for no apparent reason.

Permabanned
what a catastrophe that would be... shudder.

Well exactly, either way we are screwed, another five years of tories = no nhs and social security. Labour/snp = who knows what. Basically our political system is utterly broken and there is no real choice other than Oxbridge toffs red or blue

Associate
Spoiling the ballot makes no difference to the outcome of the election. That'll be why there's no option there. The only difference between people who choose not to vote and those who choose to spoil their ballot is the latter is wasting time, fuel and paper for no apparent reason.

Like a votes, if there was enough of them they would count and the ballot would be void. It it unlikely to happen but so is the the Green Party getting in power.

Caporegime

If 100% if the voters spoiled their vote it would make a difference. On the flip side for a vast majority of the population it makes no difference who they vote for unless they happen to live In a swing seat and want to vote for 1 of the parties in contention. I want to vote green but it makes bugger all difference because SNP will win.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well exactly, either way we are screwed, another five years of tories = no nhs and social security. Labour/snp = who knows what. Basically our political system is utterly broken and there is no real choice other than Oxbridge toffs red or blue

Or you could vote for a bunch of xenophobic oxbridge toffs in purple.

Associate
Anyway, I'm not going to vote. I would and always have voted Conservative as they are the only party willing to make the necessary changes to the longer term sustainably of the country (greater good). However, their polices have cost me personally, thousands over the last 5 years (not in benefits) and I am/feel poorer than I was before they came to power.

I could be tempted by Labour but the thought of Ed representing the UK makes me cringe and the other parties are a joke.

Soldato
So both Conservatives and Lib Dems are pledging to 'balance the books' by 2017/18...

Really? You are going to reduce the currently 90-100 Bn a year deficit in 2-3 years?

Also the Conservatives say they are going to do this without any tax rises, I think you could say we would have little governement spending left after that!

At least the Lib Dems are more frank and saying they will raise taxes on the wealthy whilst undergoing budget cuts at the same time.

As shown before with the Conservatives approach to austerity, the economy tanked, and only started to revive again when they stopped Plan A and reverted to Plan B, which was to continue borrowing and spending on infrastructure projects.

So, the Conservatives idea is to sell Plan A again? Hmmm

I'm not sure what the answer is, but one thing I am sure of, is they don't know either! :D

Caporegime
As I was watching Wolf Hall last night I had a thought, and this makes me wonder if anyone else has noticed the similarities between Thomas Cromwell and Nigel Farage? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom